October 9, 2012

Your Age in Book Years

Posted by at 2:35 am in Personality Quiz, Trivia | Permalink

Trivia_quiz1Your Age in Book Years

You know how dogs’ ages are different in dog years than in human years? Supposedly, 1 year of human life equals 7 years of dog life. So a 6-year-old dog is really like a 42-year-old human! Well I was wondering if that applies to other things too. . . like those of us who read a lot.

If you read a lot of books, does that make you age differently? Get a pencil and paper, and take this fun (strictly non-scientific) quiz to find out your age in book years.

• How many books do usually you read per week?
  • Multiply this number by 2.
  • Add 5.
  • Multiply it by 50.
  • If you have already had your birthday this year, add 1762.
    If you haven’t, add 1761.
  • Now subtract the 4-digit year that you were born.

The total number you get is your age in book years, but notice the cool part. The first digit of this number is your reading number (how many books you read per week).
The last 2 numbers are YOUR HUMAN AGE!

Cool, right? Leave a Comment telling us your age in book years!

1. Nicole

WHOA! Cool! I got
    1711 and I’m 11! COOL!!! Maybe I should stop reading 17 books a week. Tone it down a bit to like…13. If I did my answer would be 1311! Still eleven! Cool trick. Gonna show all my friends at school!

2. Charlotte

Obviously, if your last two digits come out differently than your age…YOu did your math wrong! The formula still works even if you read ZERO books per week.

3. Krista

I’m 12 and I got 1612! How am I not wrinkly or DEAD?! Lol I read about 16 books a week and I am twelve years old !

4. autumnsunshine

i am 212 in book years. Something me and my Mom figured out is that if you don’t read anybooks you are the same age as you are in human years. ;)

5. isispanda2

I’m 12 and I got 312! I read about 3 books per week, but it’s probably because I read long books and have like no time to read!

6. anonymous 5th graders

Dear Stacks Blogger,
    Thank you for your post about how to determine your book age! How did you come up with this idea? We can’t wait to find out what you are going to write about next.
    Sincerely,
    Anonymous 5th graders

7. aquabooks99

I’m 414 which is not only a pretty number but also incredibly accurate! For some of the people at the top of the comments, I think they might have forgotten to subtract their birth year because I’m not sure how they read 41/21/70/60 books per week :)

8. steakdog10

Guess what STACKS members, I got 310.This is amazing:3 books per week x 2 = 6 + 5 = 11 x 50 = 550 + 1762 = 2312 – 2002 = 310. This is one of the most coolest tricks ever. I’m 70 dog years.

9. pinkdog1221

Thats cool but not eveyone loves reading that goes on this website.So this prob will be boringto them.Its good to know.But i love to read.I’m trying to be nice .but if you want more ideas i’m (pinkdog1221)scean name

10. Cutie3500

Oh, man, should I even be alive!? I’m 6111 years old in book years! Yikes, someone send me to the nursing home!

11. clawtiger10

my age was 314. and im 14! i thought this is a cool trick. im going to see if this trick works on my brother.