October 29, 2012

Writing Prompt: Jump Into a Story

Posted by at 3:13 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bookWriting Prompt: Jump Into a Story

Today's Write On Writing Prompt is a good one for all you guys who have always wanted to jump into your favorite book and affect the story. It comes to us from Ley56 who asks:

If you had a chance to go into your favorite story as yourself, what would you do?

I love it! I would go into The Diversion (Book #49 in the Animorphs series). I would kindly explain to Ax that saying out loud to the cash register guy that you’re a juvenile delinquent is not the smartest idea.  I wonder if Ax would take my advice . . .

Let us know what story you would jump into and what you would do. Big moment or small moment – it’s totally fun to imagine. Drop it down in the Comments below!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. DragonDreamer19

I would jump into Wings of Fire by Tui T.Sutherland and become a sixth dragonet of the great dragonet prophecy! I would be the long lost Skywing named, Feather(don’t laugh at the name… I like it.)

2. greenelf73

I would jump into Claudia and the phantom phone calls by Ann M.Martin because I love mysterys and its from my favorite book series baby sitters club.

3. Ley56

Yeah I don’t think Ax would listen. He gets sort of jerky at the end. I would go into Animorphs 33 The Illusion. So I could tell Taylor off. Or in Animorphs 20, 21, or 22 and do the same to David.

4. ghostblue21

If I could jump into a book, I would have to pick The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan and stop Percy and Annabeth from falling into Tartaraus in the end. :)

5. beastlymerman6

It all sounds good but I HATE math it is my worst subject in school all but one of my math papers are bad! I just hate math.

6. witchunicorn5

I wud go to the mortal instruments by Cassandra clare n convince Jaca n clary to be togather…den i wud go n tell them where the mortal cup is. then i wud go to the infernal devices n tell them that Nate is evil n that he isnt Tessa’s brother n to throw Jessamine cuz she is total traitor.

7. werewolfcat5

If I had a chance to jump into my favorite story,it would be The Hunger Games.I would help Katniss win,without pain.

8. sarah

I would dive into all the Pecy Jackson books, espically book 2 and 3. the books are by Rick Riordan. I L-O-V-E the books and movies!!!!!!! they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. VexedAthena5

I would go into The Heroes of Olmypus: The Mark of Athena and I would go to the last chapter and cut the string of spider web from Annabeth’s leg so that she and Percy don’t fall to Tartarus.

10. taco b

Anyone who has read Gary Paulsen’s Hatchet 1999 revised cover adition. Does anyone know on page 152 why there is a hammer at the bottom of the page and if they do could you please tell me

11. taco b

Hatchet: Gary Paulsen. If I were to jump in a part of the book I would jump into the part when he retrieves the survival kit, because after that he dosnt have to fight for his life and shortly after that he gets saved.

12. Chatterbox

Hatchet Gary paulsen
    If i were to jump nto the book i would of jumped in when he dived in the water for the last time to retreving the survivle kit then being so happy and proud of yourself to have done something so great to help is chance of survivle

13. cobz247

If I was in Hatchet, by Gary Paulsen, I would be the fish in the box thats going to get eaten BECAUSE I LIKE FISH…And also it gets eaten by the main character, Brian Robeson.

14. Bones725

If I was Brian Robeson in the book Hatchet by gary paulsen, I would have grabbed the survival pack as I swim out of the crashing plane and would have tryed to save the the dead pilot and ressucitate him.

15. i don't know

If i could jump into Hatchet, by Gary Paulsen, i would jump into the part where Brian finds the survival pack because Brian is so rapped up in his glory that everything is so important and the survival pack is a huge part of that.

16. Mrs C

I would dive into Hatchet, It would be cool to encounter a bear in the wild, but I would only want to be there after Brain has recovered the survival pack!

17. Dancecat153

I WOULD GO IN MY FAVORITE ZANE BOOK AND SEWE HOW IT IS ON THAT PLANET BECUZ I SEE THAT IS SEEM REALLY COOL.
    DANCECAT LOVE