October 10, 2012

R.L. Stine Halloween Web Chat!

Rlstine

R.L. Stine Halloween Web Chat!

UPDATE 10/31: Boo! Due to the severity of hurricane Sandy and the power outages affecting millions of people along the East Coast, we’ve decided to cancel the chat with R.L. Stine. Our STACKS team and R.L. Stine are disappointed. We were truly looking forward to this event! Our thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by this storm. You can still go to the Goosebumps website and play spooky games, read about the newest Goosebumps books, and watch Goosebumps videos. Stay safe and have a happy Halloween!

Goosebumps fans, I have good news, bad news, and more good news.

First the good news. It’s almost Halloween! To celebrate, Goosebumps author R.L. Stine will be hosting a Scholastic web chat on October 31, 2012 from 1-3 PM EST.

Now the bad news. You will probably be in school at that time, and it’s on Facebook and Twitter which do not allow kids under 13.

But there’s more good news! You can still participate! If you leave a Comment with your questions for R.L. Stine, I will send him your questions. He won’t be able to answer them all, but you never know – he may pick YOUR question to answer during the chat.

ALSO, if you happen to be free at that time on Halloween from 1-3 PM Eastern Time, I will be posting live updates from the chat on the Reading Buzz Board so you can join us there for our live Goosebumps Halloween R.L. Stine celebration!

Leave your questions for R.L. Stine in the Comments, and I’ll see you on Halloween! (Virtually, of course. I can’t actually “see” you from my computer. That would be really freaky!)

1. Happypuppy116

I heared on a artilce about him that his fear is about the deep water but thats okay my fear is about clowns i ahte them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Joseph

by the way if you had one of your books become real wich would it be? mine is monsterblood because i could just never open the can!!!

3. Joseph

Dear MR.R i luv ur books. in goosebumps horrorland series i figured out that the Enter Horroland part and the game on the Horrorland site WERE CONNECTED ive completed map 1 thx 2 ur books so once again THX ;)

4. Graversong

NOW HALLOWEEN IS COMING.GOOSEBUMPS-DAY IS COMING.
    YOUR BOOKS INFLUENCE RILLIONS OF KIDS.I’M CRAZY ABOUT THEM.
    AND I FEEL KIND OF, WELL I DON’T KONW THE ENGLISH WORD….SO LONG THE TIME.
    YOUR FIRST READERS ARE ADULTS NOW…
    WELL,I WANT TO ASK THESE QUESTIONS.PLEASE ANSWER THEM-at least some of them:
    GOOSEBUMPS HAS EIGHT SERIS RIGHT?IS THE FOLLOWING RIGHT?
    GB:62
    GYG:50
    TTGYG:6
    GTH:2
    GLOS:1
    GS2:25
    GHL:25+1(guide)
    GMW:2(INCLUDING WANTED)
    iS that right?
    WHAT’S THE 4TH BOOK IN GOOSEBUMPS MOST WANTED?I only KNOW how i met my monster
    WHERE YOUR IDEAS COME FROM?I WANT TO BE A WRITER YEARS LATER.
    my friends all hope you can bE writing for us forever!youe ideas are great!
    what are you going to do on halloween eve?will you put on a haunted mask or drass up like BELLA?
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
    PLEASE REMENBER–IN CHINA,THEER’S A FOREVER FAN OF YOURS!THAT’S ME!
    I LOVE YOU AND GOOSEBUMPS!

5. Graversong

PLESE TAKE THIS MESSAGE TO R.L.STINE.I’M HIS 15-YEAR-OLD DIEHARD FAN FROM CHINA.
    hi r.l.stine
    it’s exciting when i think of the 20th birthday of GOOSEBUMPS.SO AMAZING THAT IT HAS BEEN 20*365 DAYS SINCE GB#1 CAME OUT.
    I LOVE YOU AND GOOSEBUMPS
    THE WORLD CHANGED BUT GOOSEBUMPS STILL SHINING

6. Matthew

for R.L. Stine i am a big fan horrorland and herd in 2008 that Sally corp was creating a goosebumps ride now will they crate horrorland in the real word

7. Carly

I’m having a dilemna whether or not to write my book, and I need advice and I have some questions. Did you question whether or not your books will ne popular? Did your friends help you? What about your family? How were you inspired to write Goosebumps?

8. nightpuppy1

i love the goosebumps shows.my favorite is ghost next door.i did not get to see all of it i just got to the part when she finds out see is a ghost.i am talking about how did she not know.the same note is left on the dresser.how could she have not relized that i would have.

9. devioushydra2

Aww I’m stuck in priso–err…school on Halloween! Hmmm…I guess this is why they invented iPhones. :) Ok, heres a random question: who would win in a book-off: Harry Potter or The Hunger Games? Anddd…who’s your favorite author? (Besides yourself)

10. GLOOMYSONG1

To Mr. Stine,
    I have been a HUGE fan of your work since 2nd grade!! I love all of your stories and creepy characters. I must say, though, how did you start writing all of the chilling stories? oh, and one other question! Can you take a small book request. Can you put someone like me in there?
    Small decrisption:
    Male
    Gothic, slightly humorous, good friend, loves scary stories.
    Thank so much for reading this! I hope you can!
    Your best fan,