October 3, 2012

Goosebumps 20th Anniversary

Posted by at 2:35 am in Goosebumps, Reads | Permalink

20logoGoosebumps 20th Anniversary

It’s the haunting season! And you know what that means. . . It’s time to GET GOOSEBUMPS!¬†Goosebumps turns 20 this year and we’re celebrating all month long on the STACKS! 20 years ago Scholastic released the very first Goosebumps book from R.L. Stine called Welcome to Dead House and launched a pop culture phenomenon that has spawned over 300 million books sold worldwide, a terrifyingly terrific TV show, video games, and more! In honor of Goosebumps’ 20th, check out these fun facts about the monstrously
addictive series:

Gb_banner

• Goosebumps books from Scholastic have been translated into more than 32 languages.
  • Goosebumps was first published in 1992 as a monthly paperback book series.
  • Goosebumps Wanted: The Haunted Mask, released for the 20th anniversary, is the first-ever Goosebumps hardcover book.
  • Goosebumps and R.L. Stine have been the answer to 5 different questions on the game show¬†Jeopardy.
  • Guinness World Records recently recognized R.L. Stine as the “Most Prolific Author of Children’s Horror Novels.”
  • R.L. Stine types so much he has to replace his keyboard every six months!

Check Ink Splot 26 each week in October for more Goosebumps, including previews from the new Goosebumps series, Most Wanted, by R.L. Stine! Be sure to explore the STACKS all month as we’re featuring Goosebumps in the Books, Games, and Video sections!

When did you first Get Goosebumps? Post in the Comments below how you discovered Goosebumps, the first book you read, or your favorite TV episode!

– Amabel, Scholastic Media

1. Megan

I love Goosebumps, in elementary school i read a lot of them. Its hard to believe how many Goosebumps books there are.

2. c

I love reading goosebumps.I started when I was 4 I am 7 now.dear R.L.STINE IF YOU ARE READING THIS I WANT YOU TO NOW THAT I AM A BIG FAN AND YOU SHOLD MAKE A BOOK THE HAUNTED HOTEL. I AM READING THE GIRL WHO CRIED MONSTER RIGHT NOW BYE.

3. Faith

I love Goosebumps more than any other book in the world. They are better when you read them at night, because it gives you a chill and that is the good part about Goosebumps. On Halloween when your done Trick-or-Treating is the best time to read. It gives you Goosebumps! Try it I bet it will do the same thing to you. R.L. Stine you rock!

4. Vishnu

The first time I read Goosebumps was when I was 8 yrs old. I first read Cry of the Cat and I really loved it. Since then I’ve loved Goosebumps. The cliffhanging endings really are AWESOME! Goosebumps rocks. R L Stine has done a commendable job. He has created a revolution in children’s literature

5. Rebecca

When I first got my first goosebumps book, i was in 3rd grade, and I wasn’t as fast a reader, (l can now read a goosebumps book in 45 min) i stayed up all night wanting to read more, but my mom had taken my flashlight, and I had gotten to the scary part, and I was scared of the pic on the cover of The revenge of the Living Dummy, (I still tremble a little at the cover of barking ghost) and I thought Slappy was real, and out to get me, because i didn’t finish the book, and, so yeah. -Rebecca
    PS. some people at my shcool don’t care for r.l. stine’s books, but i am in 6th grade, and i stand up 4 my favorite authour, and my favorite series.

6. cheerfulfairy100

like,i totally love goosebumps…i wasn’t in books so much before..but i borrowed a goosebumps ”welcome to dead house” ive read all the goosebumps now !! the rock…