It’s the haunting season! And you know what that means. . . It’s time to GET GOOSEBUMPS! Goosebumps turns 20 this year and we’re celebrating all month long on the STACKS! 20 years ago Scholastic released the very first Goosebumps book from R.L. Stine called Welcome to Dead House and launched a pop culture phenomenon that has spawned over 300 million books sold worldwide, a terrifyingly terrific TV show, video games, and more! In honor of Goosebumps’ 20th, check out these fun facts about the monstrously
- Goosebumps books from Scholastic have been translated into more than 32 languages.
- Goosebumps was first published in 1992 as a monthly paperback book series.
- Goosebumps Wanted: The Haunted Mask, released for the 20th anniversary, is the first-ever Goosebumps hardcover book.
- Goosebumps and R.L. Stine have been the answer to 5 different questions on the game show Jeopardy.
- Guinness World Records recently recognized R.L. Stine as the “Most Prolific Author of Children’s Horror Novels.”
- R.L. Stine types so much he has to replace his keyboard every six months!
Check Ink Splot 26 each week in October for more Goosebumps, including previews from the new Goosebumps series, Most Wanted, by R.L. Stine! Be sure to explore the STACKS all month as we’re featuring Goosebumps in the Books, Games, and Video sections!
When did you first Get Goosebumps? Post in the Comments below how you discovered Goosebumps, the first book you read, or your favorite TV episode!
– Amabel, Scholastic Media