October 3, 2012

Goosebumps 20th Anniversary

Posted by at 2:35 am in Goosebumps, Reads | Permalink

20logoGoosebumps 20th Anniversary

It’s the haunting season! And you know what that means. . . It’s time to GET GOOSEBUMPS!¬†Goosebumps turns 20 this year and we’re celebrating all month long on the STACKS! 20 years ago Scholastic released the very first Goosebumps book from R.L. Stine called Welcome to Dead House and launched a pop culture phenomenon that has spawned over 300 million books sold worldwide, a terrifyingly terrific TV show, video games, and more! In honor of Goosebumps’ 20th, check out these fun facts about the monstrously
addictive series:

Gb_banner

• Goosebumps books from Scholastic have been translated into more than 32 languages.
  • Goosebumps was first published in 1992 as a monthly paperback book series.
  • Goosebumps Wanted: The Haunted Mask, released for the 20th anniversary, is the first-ever Goosebumps hardcover book.
  • Goosebumps and R.L. Stine have been the answer to 5 different questions on the game show¬†Jeopardy.
  • Guinness World Records recently recognized R.L. Stine as the “Most Prolific Author of Children’s Horror Novels.”
  • R.L. Stine types so much he has to replace his keyboard every six months!

When did you first Get Goosebumps? Post in the Comments below how you discovered Goosebumps, the first book you read, or your favorite TV episode!

– Amabel, Scholastic Media

1. nene

i love these book the best time to read them is holween night right after you went trick-or-treating after you see the vampires,and all the outer creuters thats why i like gooosebumps (p.s) i also love to read it out loud to fright my little sister at night thats why i <3 with a rose and a kiss good bye :3

2. Nya

I never got goosebumps it is my fav. book especialy how i learned to fly it has a flyin recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(:

3. Erica

I first started reading goosebumps at 7, which would be 18 years ago… I am now looking for ones for my nieces to read!! Amazing how hey are still around favorite book of all time.

4. Jordan

i lve goosebumps.i have been reading them since i was 7. gr8ly writen.my fav is the haunted school,the cukcoo clock of doom, and the haunted mask series.

5. jim

goosebumps is so cool and the books are great but the episodes are REALLY GREAT R.L. Stine should make more plz make more

6. Omshi

I started reading goosebumps first told by a friend. He read goosebums everytime , in free time during the school hours, in the bus, etc.Then finally i asked him are these books so good ? He told read and then you will only know. I bought my first goosebumps book at a book fair which was “Egg monsters from Mars” I thought I would give it a try. Whenever I start reading a book I can’t rest until I finish it. Therefore I read that book in a hour or so and I became a complete fan of it. I was in the fourth grade at that time and I was 8 or 9 yrs old. I am 11 now and in the sixth grade and I still read Goosebumps.

7. winnie

i can’t belive that goosebump is so scary and cripy that it gives me night mares every time i read it at night!!!!
    Ah,that goosebump book was scary and it was just a dream!!!

8. B

When I first ever heard of Goosebumps, I didn’t even know they were a book series until my cousin, Zack, heared that I liked Goosebumps and gave me nearly the whole series because he had grown out of them. But I don’t think you can grow out of Goosebumps!

9. Nicholas

I am typing on the subject on the subject of when I first “Got Goosebumps”. When I first read the Goosebumps series, I was in PA visiting my cousins and I think I was about 10 or 11 years and my aunt brought up a box of stuff and she pulled out a boxed set of 4 Goosebumps books that contained “Welcome to Dead House”, “The Ghost Next Door”, “Stay Out of the Basement”, and “It Came From Beneath The Sink”. By then I had heard of the Goosebumps series I just never had the nerve to read it. But when she offered it to me I decided to take a chance at the series and take the boxed set of the books. When we got home, I started reading “Welcome to Dead House”(at night) and it was really scary and cool. So I decided to read the rest of the in the box and then started to get the other Goosebumps books at the library. Later I learned that “Welcome to Dead House” was the first Goosebumps book ever, and I was like, “WHOA! And after all this time I’ve read these books I never knew that!”. And I’m 13 now, and even though I still haven’t got a chance to finish reading the rest of the series (I haven’t even finished reading the rest of the classic series yet!!!), I want to thank R.L. Stine for giving me a lot of imagination in my childhood, even now. Good Luck!!!