September 10, 2012

You Know You’re Back to School When. . .

Posted by at 2:26 pm in Writing Prompt | Permalink

BackToSchoolBack-to-School Writing Prompt

*BRRRRIIIINNNNGGGG!!*
The school bell, a sound that inspires boredom at the beginning of the day or joy at the end of one. Still, the extremely loud sound that echoes through hallways and classrooms is one of many sure signs that you’re back in school. And then there’s the freezing cold wait at the bus stop to remind you of a long day of learning.

But you really know you’re back to school when. . .

• the alarm goes off before the sun is even up!
  • you spend days decorating binders and books with brand-new highlighters and Sharpie markers.
  • your mom says you’re not allowed to play video games on school nights.
  • you can’t identify the hot lunch on your plate. What *is* that?? Yuck.
  • epic recess basketball games carry over for days!
  • you are reading a book not for fun but for a book report. (If you’re lucky, it’ll be on a book you can choose by yourself!)
  • you start to break your day down by periods instead of hours.

What reminds you that you’re back in school? Jot your thoughts down in the Comments!

—Elysse, STACKS Writer

1. catcyclone19

I know it’s time to go back to school whenever I talk about “my kids,” I have to specify my own kids or my Scholastic kids!

2. Leigh

I know I’m back in school when
    Stinking alarm clock wakes me up
    Teachers yell down the hall
    Gross school lunches
    Mean kids, yuk

3. poseidonbrain5

In my opinion,you really know your back in school when you hear teachers talking about grades.You can also tell your back in school when your counting down hours in the rest of the school day.there is even getting up REALLY early,just to work,and coming back home with LOADS of home work.however,this isnt bad,its just part of a normal kid school day.whats even BETTER is when teachers put the cool back in school.so in conclusion,I say that school is a great environment for kids!

1. downpourcrown13

I dicagree my friends are sooo annyoing and crazy,it drives me krazy. HaHa it make me laugh, that’s my problem they make me laugh so fast,hard,and easily,it makes me mad.they play a little to rough and talk about everyone so we fight alot.it makes everything worse because I haven,t seen them in so long,I need a good long hard laugh,but their my friends i need them as much as they need me.

4. cyclopsangry5

i know how you feel, you are in the bed and all of a suden your alarm goes off and you have to get up from bed to go to school.what a bumer right

5. Soccerelectricity7

I know how you feel . Like your sleeping in your warm bed and your alarm goes off and your parents go into your room and say ” time to wake up “. I don’t like that . I wish we cvan get more time to sleep

6. dolphinbrain37

WHEN I REALLY KNOW THAT SCHOOL IS HERE WHEN MY ALARM GOES OFF AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING, WHEN I SEE ALL MY SCHOOL CLOTHES IN MY CLOSET AND WHEN MY BOOKBAG IS BY THE DOOR IN MY ROOM AND WHEN I SEE A BOWL OF CEREAL IN THE KITCHEN TABLE. THAT IS HOW I KNOW THAT SCHOOL IS HERE.

7. BlueKitten215

I know when it’s time to go back to school when I get up WAY to early in the morning, Way to much homework and all of the basic school day things… :( Summer Come Back!!!!

8. AthenaAuthor22

What really reminds me that school has started is when my mom wakes me up and I get ready and go outside to wait for the bus.

9. amber

you know what i have always wondered? why does school start so early and last sooooo long? i mean what is the point of waking up at 6:00 in the morning! i am so tired when i come to school.but then i see my friends and start talking to them.i start to wake up more and continue on with the day.