September 10, 2012

You Know You’re Back to School When. . .

Posted by at 2:26 pm in Writing Prompt | Permalink

BackToSchoolBack-to-School Writing Prompt

*BRRRRIIIINNNNGGGG!!*
The school bell, a sound that inspires boredom at the beginning of the day or joy at the end of one. Still, the extremely loud sound that echoes through hallways and classrooms is one of many sure signs that you’re back in school. And then there’s the freezing cold wait at the bus stop to remind you of a long day of learning.

But you really know you’re back to school when. . .

• the alarm goes off before the sun is even up!
  • you spend days decorating binders and books with brand-new highlighters and Sharpie markers.
  • your mom says you’re not allowed to play video games on school nights.
  • you can’t identify the hot lunch on your plate. What *is* that?? Yuck.
  • epic recess basketball games carry over for days!
  • you are reading a book not for fun but for a book report. (If you’re lucky, it’ll be on a book you can choose by yourself!)
  • you start to break your day down by periods instead of hours.

What reminds you that you’re back in school? Jot your thoughts down in the Comments!

—Elysse, STACKS Writer

1. catcyclone19

I know it’s time to go back to school whenever I talk about “my kids,” I have to specify my own kids or my Scholastic kids!

2. Leigh

I know I’m back in school when
    Stinking alarm clock wakes me up
    Teachers yell down the hall
    Gross school lunches
    Mean kids, yuk

3. poseidonbrain5

In my opinion,you really know your back in school when you hear teachers talking about grades.You can also tell your back in school when your counting down hours in the rest of the school day.there is even getting up REALLY early,just to work,and coming back home with LOADS of home work.however,this isnt bad,its just part of a normal kid school day.whats even BETTER is when teachers put the cool back in school.so in conclusion,I say that school is a great environment for kids!

1. downpourcrown13

I dicagree my friends are sooo annyoing and crazy,it drives me krazy. HaHa it make me laugh, that’s my problem they make me laugh so fast,hard,and easily,it makes me mad.they play a little to rough and talk about everyone so we fight alot.it makes everything worse because I haven,t seen them in so long,I need a good long hard laugh,but their my friends i need them as much as they need me.

4. cyclopsangry5

i know how you feel, you are in the bed and all of a suden your alarm goes off and you have to get up from bed to go to school.what a bumer right

5. Soccerelectricity7

I know how you feel . Like your sleeping in your warm bed and your alarm goes off and your parents go into your room and say ” time to wake up “. I don’t like that . I wish we cvan get more time to sleep

6. dolphinbrain37

WHEN I REALLY KNOW THAT SCHOOL IS HERE WHEN MY ALARM GOES OFF AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING, WHEN I SEE ALL MY SCHOOL CLOTHES IN MY CLOSET AND WHEN MY BOOKBAG IS BY THE DOOR IN MY ROOM AND WHEN I SEE A BOWL OF CEREAL IN THE KITCHEN TABLE. THAT IS HOW I KNOW THAT SCHOOL IS HERE.

7. BlueKitten215

I know when it’s time to go back to school when I get up WAY to early in the morning, Way to much homework and all of the basic school day things… :( Summer Come Back!!!!

8. AthenaAuthor22

What really reminds me that school has started is when my mom wakes me up and I get ready and go outside to wait for the bus.

9. amber

you know what i have always wondered? why does school start so early and last sooooo long? i mean what is the point of waking up at 6:00 in the morning! i am so tired when i come to school.but then i see my friends and start talking to them.i start to wake up more and continue on with the day.

10. amber

i love to read but i can only read books that i am interested in and if i dont read books that i like it would probely take a month for me to read 15 pages but when i get assigned books for class thati dont like i just have to take because that just the way school works
    (: lol

11. tacosfriendenchilada!

what reminds me of going back to school is waking up to get ready as i dread walking. it is when my parents want me to got to bed early and it is when i am asking “why does school start so early?” but i love seeing all of my favorite bestest friends! That is when school starts!

12. blakeyyyyyy

shool reaminds me of going to the docter it makes feel like death.I have lots of other things to do but if i have to but i do enjoy being with my friends and my new taechers are really nice

13. super susi

I know I`M back in school when:
    -I have huge black circles under my eyes
    -it´s two o´clock and, instead of just having gotten up, I already have most of the day behind me
    -I am surrounded by complete chaos and loud screaming and laughing (my class during lessons <3)

14. Riku

I know school has started because the hour im in ELA goes on forever ic ant stay up late playing video games ihalso have homework and have to wake up at 6 oclock booooooo
    The only good things are math, science,and seeing my friends ervrey day monday through friday

15. BreakingBull122

K So you want to Know What Reminds me of school *Teachers Making You Do Work
    *HomeWork!
    *Bullies!
    *NO Staying Awake At Night
    <3 Be Able To See Your Best Friends
    *Mean Teachers
    *Book Reports!
    <3 Nice Teachers
    <3 Reading :3
    <3Epic Foods In Lunch
    <3 ePIC Snacks candybar,poptarts,and Donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *D; Bad Food In Lunch

16. cakeorange29

First of all I think everbody hates going back to school hears some examples
    1.kids crying
    2.teachers talk all day
    thats what it’s like on the first day

17. lightningthief3

Well I know that the school is coming a couple days before, getting school supplies 2 weeks before the week of school, having out the last weekend with lots of friends and being on the STACKS the afternoon before school starts.

18. cerberusmist1

I know when im back at school when the lunch room is louder than air horns :D .I also know it when im waiting for math class to end.

19. aquacat586

When you get dinner 7 hours after lunch so you’re really hungry. You can’t pick your lunch, so if it’s something gross, so be it!

20. elfheroine1

It reminds me thats its school when, I can’t pick up the book I was reading last night, and stay in bed for hours reading, cuz I have to go to school. :( Such a sad day. . .so sad Summers over!
    May the Force be with You,
    elfheroine1

21. Fairyemerald31

For some reason I think I am the only person on the planet who likes school, hates soda and video games{besides the computer}, and loves to read. Thankfully, it isn’t true. I know I’m back in school when:
    -It starts raining{it did}
    -I go to bed earlier
    -I get to see my friends again
    -I can play nonstop four-square for ten to twenty minutes
    -Homework!!!!! Boooo!!!!!!!!!

22. harrypotterisbeast

Weeeeellll…when do I know I’m back to school? When I’m already familiarized with the chaos. The pandemonium. The absolute havoc that accompanies high school hallways…just like it is in the movies.
    And the clumps of girls squealing around my locker because it happens to be right next to the locker of one of the popular girls. *grrrrr* D:< :D But that’s alright.