September 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Clifford!

Posted by at 9:59 am in Authors | Permalink

Clifford50Snipe_130x130Happy Birthday, Clifford!

He’s big, he’s red, and he’s oh, so loveable! It’s Clifford, of course. Clifford the Big Red Dog is just as much a part of our childhoods as balloons and ice cream sundaes. Whether you grew up reading the books or watching the TV show, it’s hard not to smile when you think about Clifford. This year, Clifford’s celebrating a very BIG milestone, his 50th birthday! 50 years ago Norman Bridwell painted a picture of a little girl and her big red dog. Little did he know at the time that it would spawn one of the most beloved children’s literary characters of all time!

While Clifford’s birthday is in February, he’s kicking off a birthday party this week that lasts all school-year long! And you know what Clifford wants more than anything for his birthday? A birthday card from YOU! Send Clifford a birthday card and share your personal birthday greetings!

Kids Card

We want to hear from you! Tell us your fondest memories of Clifford in the Comments below!

—Amabel, Scholastic Media

1. cutecoin7

i remember the time i watched 8 years ago when i was 2. good times good times any ways happy birthday you turned 50 . so bye remember i will miss you forever

2. greendog

happy birthday clifford! i used to love u when i was younger. I will try to find a book or show and watch it or read it.

3. greendog

happy 50th birthday clifford. i use to love your show. now that im 10 in a half i dont watch it alot but i will watch it for u.it was one of my favorite shows.stay big and red.I remember a couple of the shows when i get alot older my children will ploly love u clifford. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

4. daroly

i luv clifford my brother who is now4 luvs it my sister loves it my older brother luvs it everybody luvs it becuase of clifferd everybodys happy overjoyed big red dog :)

5. Nikole

I love you Clifford ur the best.. when i was a child i watch ur movie sometimes again and again and i was crying that the part u caught by the police? am i right? HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLIFFORD! WE LOVE YOU.. AND MORE BIRTHDAYS TO COME!

6. katnisseverdeen74ANNUAL

Clifford used to be my favorite show in the mornings.Shhh…I still like it and I’m 12! HAPPY BIRTHDAY

7. <3

hehehehehehehehehehehhahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

8. SunnyGirl

Awwwwwww… I used to watch this when I was smaller also. I haven’t seen it in forever! Happy Birthday Clifford.

9. sophie the dog

i love clifford we were old pals and i remember him like yesterday and i remember watch him on tv he is so popular.Happy B-day cliffy

10. Fiona

OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLIFFORD!
    thanks for making the best childhood memories EVER!
    All my friends and I watched your show when we were younger:)<3
    love you!

11. JELLY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLIFFORD YOU DON’T LOOK OVER 10 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU CLIFFORD!!!!!!!!!

12. Rach H.

When I was little, I remember snuggling up with my brother, and watching Clifford, show after show. He’s 50 now, but he doesn’t seemed to have gotten older! ;)

13. :)

I can’t believe it is clifford’s 50th B-day
    I remember when I use to watch that show it was one of my favorites when I was younger

14. vampirebutterfly9

HAPPY 50 B’DAY CLIFFORD , STAY BIG & RED AND I LOVED YOU VERRY MUCH SINCE I WAS 2 YEARS OLD & I AM 11 NOW ! ( LOL ) :D

15. emeraldcandy41

Happy 50th Birthday,Clifford!
    When I was younger I was a Barney fan and a Clifford fan. Over these fifty years you’re still big,red,and my favorite dog!!!

16. phenomenalbeetle4

Happy Birthday Clifford! My family and I still watch your show when it is on. My little sister loves reading your books!

17. Isla Silvercresent

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE Clifford! This was my favorite show of all time! I liked how he wasn’t perfect but didn’t also make glaringly obvious mistakes either and then changed them while kindly teaching us the reasons why. Wow they don’t make nice shows like this anymore.
    My favorite memory of Clifford would probably be the episode where Clifford and the gang found a garden which made them stink really bad! So funny!