Country Capital Trivia Quiz Answers
Last week in our Country Capital Trivia Quiz, we tested your knowledge of zany, wild, and wacky facts about capital cities around the world. Think you got the right answers? Find out. . .
- Zagreb, the capital of Croatia, is the birthplace of the necktie. That wasn’t the only famous invention to come from this city, though. What other everyday item was also created in Zagreb?
d) the ballpoint pen
- Accra, the capital of Ghana, gets its name from the Akan word nkran which means
- Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic, is home to the Americas’ first
- Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, holds the world record for the longest city name — Bangkok is the short version of the actual city name: Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit! Can you guess which of the following is NOT an actual law in the city of Bangkok?
c) It’s illegal to watch television.
- Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark, is home to the world’s oldest what?
b) amusement park
- The largest library in Europe is located in which capital city?
c) Moscow, Russia
- Which capital city has hosted the most Olympic Games in history?
d) London, United Kingdom
- The world’s largest falafel was cooked (and eaten!) in which Middle-Eastern country capital?
a) Amman, Jordan
BONUS QUESTION (Read it carefully — it's a tricky one!): The capital city of Brazil will be one of the host cities for the 2014 World Cup but NOT the 2016 Olympics. Name that city.
Brasilia. The Olympics will be in Rio de Janeiro, but that's not the capital.
Did you like our quiz of geographical randomness? What other Trivia Quizzes would you like to see here? Leave your ideas in the Comments!