September 5, 2012

Confectionately Yours Series

Posted by at 1:02 am in Reads | Permalink

Confectionately yours_130Back-to-School Confessions from
Confectionately Yours

Are you ready for the new school year, or does it fill you with dread? Find out how Hayley Hicks, the star of the Confectionately Yours series, is preparing for the big day!

Confession: I’m Soooo Not Ready For This

Confectionatelyyours2

Here are my top five fears about going back to school:

1. I will accidentally tuck my skirt into my underwear and will walk around like that all day.
  2. We’ll have a pop quiz on summer reading that counts for 80% of our final grade.
  3. I will sit in something disgusting on the school bus seat.
  4. Exploding pen.
  5. My ex-BFF Artie will find a way to humiliate me . . . again.

It can be hard to walk through the double doors on the first day. But it can be exciting, too. New friends, new classes, new books—and I always love that crinkly sound my notebooks make when I open them for the first time. It sounds like a fresh start . . . which I could definitely use, by the way. Last year, my parents got divorced, my mom lost her job, and my best friend turned on me. It’s time for a reboot. So I’ve brought a couple of freshly baked cupcakes to share with my new friend Meghan at lunch. That way I can be sure that things will start off on a sweet note.

What’s your favorite thing about the new school year? Read the first chapter of Hayley’s true confessions in Confectionately Yours: Taking the Cake!, new from author Lisa Papademetriou!

Also read Hayley’s Valentine’s Day Confessions and her Friendship Confessions.

1. lavenderjade

love it thats so true i felt the same way when it was time for me to go back to school but it went so different my ex best friend is now my BFF again #LOL

2. ConfectionatelyYoursLover

Hiiii! I’ve read all 4! But please make a 5th! I love your books soo much! Thier so inspiring and amazing!

3. Hannah

I have all the books except for Something New. I really can’t wait to buy that book!!! I really love all your books!!

4. morgan

i love love love your books please make tons more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

5. Lisa

Is there even a 5th book? Oh wiat I don’t know you know why becuase this thing doesn’t tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. ashleigh

i am trying to get all the series but im reading save the cupcakes. it is so interesting to me.i want every single book.;)

7. mysterybook7

OMGOODNESSS I compleatly understood how hayly felt i went through most of the same things she did just over 2 years ago

8. fashionbear1

My favorite thing about a new school year is meeting my old and new friends . Also , it remindes me that I am growing up and need to become more mature . My favorite thing about a new school year is learning and dicovering new and exciting things this trip around. I enjoy learning new things because it updates my brain a lil more each year . A new school year should be fun and exciting ! WIth a new school year , you should be prepared to learn new things , and not get in any trouble . With a new school year , you should improve on your behavir and learning skills . I know my school year is going to be exciting ! I;m going to be new people and maybe some new teachers .

9. Marisa

I never actually tuck my shirt in my underwear, or tuck it in, in general. And, FYI, i rock at reading. I can finish a long test in ten minutes at the most. 80 percent of your grade? If I had that, I most certainly will pass to the next grade level!!!! I don’t take the bus, but I used to. It stunk, because I didn’t have any friends in that time. Exploding pen? That’s not very realisitc.