September 24, 2012

Characters’ Fave Books Writing Prompt

Posted by at 4:55 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bookCharacters' Fave Books Writing Prompt

Imagine visiting your local library and finding Evan Ross from Goosebumps checking out the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Encyclopedia. On the other side of the room, Hugo Cabret from The Invention of Hugo Cabret is pouring over his father's notebook.
Ron Weasley wanted to learn about the ancient broomstick games, so he is reading Quidditch Through the Ages. Hermione thinks it’s probably the only book he’s ever read from back to front, but if he keeps spending time at the library, he may prove her wrong!

So, if you ran into your favorite character at the library, what book would s/he be checking out? What do you think is his/her favorite book of all time? Let us know what you think in the Comments!

—Elysse, STACKS Writer

1. DragonDreamer19

I would see Starflight checking out every book in the library, and his 4 friends snickering behind him.(though it would be very strange to see a dragon in the library…)

2. climbingforest8

if i saw my favorite charecter from a book at the library it would tottaly be hermione granger readin every single solitary book in the whole entire library

3. PeacefulPlum3

I can see Katniss and Peeta, and Bella and Edward walking into the library all getting the new book “Dust Lands” because the author claims it is better than the
    Hunger Games.

4. Ley56

I’m pretty sure if I saw my favorite charactor from my favorite book series. Who by the way is Elfangor for well Animorphs. He would probably we reading The Battle of the Lybrith. Because well. In my mind he’s married to Hera. :{D

5. bloodhoundbrain274

hi and thanks for everyone who showed me this sight i really love it because ever since i started writing too these prompts i started to get straight A,s in my writing class thanks for helping me out

6. PurpleArtemis25

I’d see Percy Jackson reading a book about Greek mythology and laughing at how unreal is was :P
    Or maybe I’d see Artemis Fowl reading about fairies…

7. werewolfcat5

If I ran into my favorite character at the library,it would be Jenny in How I Survived in Middle School,reading The Magic Treehouse.

8. Isla Silvercresent

I think Mary Quinn (from the Agency series) would probably be in disguise as a librarian reading “Heist Society”

9. mintchocolatechip100

I could totally imagine Greg Heffley checking out his own book and being like, “yeah, I’m pretty awesome” lol:)