Pizza Trivia Quiz
It seems like you can get everything from a vending machine nowadays: swim trunks, cupcakes, DVDs, iPods, bars of gold, live crabs, bicycles, sneakers, umbrellas, cell phones . . . and now, customized pizza. That's right, folks. The Let's Pizza machine kneads dough, spreads sauce, adds toppings, and cooks the pizza of your choice, all under 3 minutes! That's totally crazy.
In other pizza news, Brooklyn-based artist Steph Mantis has developed the "Ninja Throwing Slices," Ninja stars made from actual slices of pepperoni pizza preserved in clear Lucite. (I wonder if there's a vegetarian option?) Seems like pizza's a hot trend nowadays, so why not have a little Pizza Trivia Quiz?
- In November 2011, Congress officially declared pizza:
a) delicious! b) a vegetable c) the national food of the United States of America d) illegal for children under the age of 4
- The world’s most expensive pizza costs, per pie:
a) $1,000 b) $500 c) $2,400 d) $3,100
- What football team had 15 pies from their favorite pizzeria delivered for good luck to their Super Bowl game over 700 miles away?
a) New England Patriots b) New York Giants c) Pittsburgh Steelers d) Seattle Seahawks
- Pizza Hut’s Big Dinner Box, which has 2 medium, 1-topping pizzas, 8 wings, and 5 bread sticks with marinara sauce, contains how many calories?
a) 1,000 b) 2,000 c) 10,000,000 d) 5,000
- Domino’s Pizza has planned a future restaurant on which planet or satellite?
a) Jupiter b) the sun c) Mars d) the moon
- How many pizzas are delivered each year?
a) 1 million b) 1.7 million c) 1 trillion d) 1 billion
- Before the cardboard box was invented, what were pizzas transported in?
a) wooden boxes b) copper containers c) stone bowls d) the bare hands of delivery people
- The standard style of pizza box is named after which state?
a) Georgia b) New York c) Nebraska d) Michigan
- Which world record do you think is weirder?
a) The world record for slapping someone with pizza (174 slaps in 15 seconds), or b) most Domino’s pizza boxes jumped over in a single leap (20)?
All this pizza talk is making me hungry. Time to go grab a slice! Leave your answers in the Comments, and come back later today for the answers.