August 20, 2012

First Car Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:52 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_rainbow_penWriting Prompt: Ride On!

I bought my first car at an auto auction. I proudly saved up my summer work money and bought a used car to drive away to college in. Little did I know it was only a matter of time before my golden chariot turned into a certified clunker. This happened driving home from college that Thanksgiving. Let's just say my trip ended with calling a tow truck, my mom picking me up outside Syracuse, New York . . . and Pizza Hut delivering a hot and tasty pizza to a roadside motel for Thanksgiving dinner.

But why dwell on the past? Today's Write On! Writing Prompt comes to us from Ipe123 who asks:

If you had a car, where would you go in your first car? I hope you like this one!

I think your answers will have a much happier twist than my story. The sky’s the limit! Let us know your first car hopes and dreams in the Comments below.

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. scarlett :)

I’m only 10 but if I got a car I would get it from my mom. That would be a weird moment. :( But I would tack what i get. :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. werewolfcat5

If I had a car,I would go on the grand canyon.My future car would be a Jeep.I love those cars with no windows and doors.

3. BLACKTIGER156

i will get a camaro or range rover because those car are so cute and after i get i’m going to the beach

4. chloe4prof.g

js cruise around wit my new carshowin it off it the neighbourhood lik yea it’s mine den i would go 2 hollywood an js stalk the ppl i luv lol jk

5. Shadow Princess

hmmmm I want a sleek shiny car, maybe a plum black Lamborghini or if not that then a black motorcycle with glittery purple accents. I guess I would go to the library (I wont have to beg my mom to take me anymore)

6. baseballbaseball453

In my first car, I would go to home call all of my friends over. We would celebrate the new car and hang out all night.

7. purpleocean31

If I had my first car right now the first place I would go is the mall and buy me some clothes… I will go with my friends

8. pinkpurple410

If I had a car I would go to my friends house. Then we would get ice cream. We would go to my house and just eat ice cream to celabrate the new car. Though it will be at least another five years until I actually get a car. :(

9. arrogantdragonfly13

I want my first car to be a jeep. For the first trip? I’d want me and my friends to be able to go fourwheeling in it. Driving through the mud with the doors off is always the life for me!

10. MEGAN

If I had a car, I would go to a tropical place with my family, even though I might have to take a plane to some places!!!! Hopefully my car doesn’t break down like yours did…..because that experience did NOT sound fun !!!!!!

11. cupcakeluv

I would go to Chicago (after a lot of practice driving) but maybe after spending all the money on gas (because in 5 years the prices will skyrocket) and on the car I might not get to go shopping….