Country Capital Trivia Quiz
Know your geography? Put your social studies skills to the test with this Trivia Quiz on some very interesting (and wacky) things country-capital related! Let's see how much you know about the world. . .
- Zagreb, the capital of Croatia, is the birthplace of the necktie. That wasn’t the only famous invention to come from this city, though. What other everyday item was also created in Zagreb?
a) the stapler b) the refrigerator magnet c) Chapstick d) the ballpoint pen
- Accra, the capital of Ghana, gets its name from the Akan word nkran which means
a) water b) fire c) ants d) trees
- Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic, is home to the Americas’ first
a) naval fleet b) hospital c) rock concert d) resort
- Bangkok, the capital of Thailand, holds the world record for the longest city name — Bangkok is the short version of the actual city name: Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit! Can you guess which of the following is NOT an actual law in the city of Bangkok?
a) It’s illegal to step on Thai money. b) It’s illegal to leave your house without any underwear on. c) It’s illegal to watch television. d) It’s illegal to drive a car without a shirt on.
- Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark, is home to the world’s oldest what?
a) bakery b) amusement park c) shoe factory d) castle
- The largest library in Europe is located in which capital city?
a) London, England b) Paris, France c) Moscow, Russia d) Berlin, Germany
- Which capital city has hosted the most Olympic Games in history?
a) Athens, Greece b) Paris, France c) Seoul, South Korea d) London, United Kingdom
- The world’s largest falafel was cooked (and eaten!) in which Middle-Eastern country capital?
a) Amman, Jordan b) Baghdad, Iraq c) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia d) Damascus, Syria
BONUS QUESTION (Read it carefully — it's a tricky one!): The capital city of Brazil will be one of the host cities for the 2014 World Cup but NOT the 2016 Olympics. Name that city.
Think you know the answers? Find out here.