July 6, 2012

Katy Perry Movie

Posted by at 2:01 am in Celebrities, Music | Permalink

KatyPerryMovieKaty Perry Movie

The first woman in music history to have five Number One singles from one album, Katy Perry has scaled the heights of pop music stardom few have reached before her. So when the artist invited two filmmakers to tag along on her “California Dreams Tour,” she thought it might produce something of interest to her fans.

Katy said, “I could instinctively feel that something important was about to happen that year. It felt like this big wave was coming, and it felt like it was going to be a long one. So I reached out to two filmmakers and said, ‘Hi, guys. I’d like to you come on the road and document the ride.’” That ride was a year-long world tour across the United States, Europe, South America and the Far East. Cameras caught her live concerts and also the reality of her day-to-day life away from the stage lights and candy-colored costumes.

KatyPerrylive

The result is Katy Perry: Part of Me (rated PG), a backstage pass, front row seat, and intimate look at the real Katy Perry. Katy: “This movie is a journey. Last year, I had a year I’ll never be able to recreate. . . amazing highs and some big lows, but that’s life. Everyone goes through the good and the bad, but it makes you stronger. But no matter what, as with my live concerts, my ultimate goal with this movie is to make people smile.”

Are you a fan of Katy Perry’s music? Leave a Comment to let us know what you think.

Images courtesy Paramount Pictures

1. lavenderfashion208

OMG I cant believe im commenting about u! i wonder if you actually read thesse things. o.k. all i have to say is i am one of your BIIIIIGGEST FANS IN WHOLE WIDE WORLD

2. Heaven

I saw the movie already but i went to sleep….. i’m not very happy with myself now for going to sleep because i wanted to see her in that dress

3. hunterbulldog2

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE katy perrys wide awake sing, it rocks. i havent gt a chance to go to a concert but i hope its soon!!! B-)
    p.s nice clothes katy

4. Gemma

I LOVE KATY PERRY! She is so bubbly and unique! she is my idol =) I wish one day i could meet Katy Perry! If she reads this,I LOVE HER!

5. Alex

i have seen the movie! its awsome i love your music, and the outfits are sweet.
    i love the new album. tottaly sweet

6. platinumjetsetter3

Hey i havent watched it yet so pretty pleez no spoiler alerts.i just cant wait to see the movie.i actually hope i get to see it before it comes out of theatres SOON !!!!!!!

7. Witchunicorn5

i like katy perry.she’s cute,sweet, pretty and has an amaing vocal gift.but sometimes her songs go to a twist that ends being bad…but i like her songs.
    and she wears better clothes than Lady GaGa!

8. Evelyn

i play this game and i saw the name Katy perry and later when i went to a movie with my friend i saw katy perry and i became one of her fans

9. beatriz

katy perry i am a huge fan i love your movie it is so cool.I may go see you one day on your concert well.
    I sometime wonder how many fans do you have well one day i well count them.
    bye

10. Alexa

hey im a huge fan of katy perrys music i was never a fan of her early gosple music but she rocked the world with her new single wide awake GO KATY

11. Cassie

okay, i tried to sign in to be a member. everything was fine until i got to that white page that said stuff wasn’t available or something. please help!
    @-’-,- :[ oh i love her music but i don't understand why they are making a movie about katy perry. i'm sorry but i don't understand. it looks like something that would be on disney channel right away.;]

12. cheesecake81

ohmigod she’s starring in a movie??!! she’ll be AWESOME.i can keep saying it!!i always wanted to see her acting along with russell:(she has a beautiful voice:)very talented….

13. k

i want to see the movie so bad i heard its really funny and it looks like a preety rockin’ fantastic movie! so i dont know when ill have time to go but hopefully soon

14. artisticcupcake10

After I saw the movie I finally understood Katy’s personality and why she does what she does.SHE IS AWESOME!!!!

15. MagentaMagenta52

I didn’t see the Movie but Katie I love you. Your such an amazing blessed singer I hope you never stop what your doing. You are such a role model even though your world is a “FAIRYTALE” so keep up the amazing work.
    Your Fan,
    MagentaMagenta52

16. browniecaramel30

I love Katy Perry I am like her biggest fan.I loved the preview and how she expressed herself even though people think she is weird and that is something really special keep up the good work Katy Perry!

17. redred454

im not really going to die but i leally love Katy Perry and her music so i want to go see the movie or ill die “it is a phrase”.

18. bandbee100

I think the movie will be cool. I was impressed when I heard Katy Perry started her music career at age 13 writing/singing songs about God!

19. basketballice6

KATY PERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. indigopowerful5

OMG! I love Katy Perry! My favorite songs are “Who am I living for?”, ” Pearl”, ” Wide Awake”, “Not like the Movies”. I saw her movie twice!

21. HappyLadybug21

Omg! Okay so i was never a really big fan of Katy Perry but since her song like Firework,E.T,Wide awake…etc. came out now i love her so much!! <3 I might be going to one of her concerts, I’m pumped!! I <3 u Katy!! I am in <3 with COOL CAT!!!!

22. HorseHorse246

Katy Perry is so awesome!!!! she has a wonderful voice. It is always so cool to see singer real lives and see what was going on when they where a child and how she started singing.
    KATY PERRY IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!

23. bastcat40

OMG, the first time I heard Katy Perry, was in my dad’s pickup,when I was in the second grade.
    It was the song “Hot ‘n Cold”, and me and dad liked to sing it because my sister changes her mind, like she changes clothes.
    I still love her. We <3 you Katy Perry

24. Chimeradragon

I saw her on her California Dreams Tour, and she was amazing! She can actually sing, unlike some other modern pop singers. Not to mention, she’s another cat person. :)

25. clubaqua51

OMG Katy Perry is my favorite singer i cant wait to see what her new movie is going to be like i know its going to be great

26. birdemerald57

I think Katy Perry has come a long way and she deserves it! She may not be my favorite singer (my fave singer is adam levine)but I still love her music!!!

27. banddog63

I CANT WAIT TO SEE HER MOVIE AND GO TO HER CONCERT AND I AM SO EXCITED ARE YOU GUYS TOOOOOOOOOOO ALSO I AM GOINNG TO TO OF HER CONCCERTS SEEING A MOVIE OF HER AND I AM GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!! :? )

28. kiwimodest4

My mom loves Katy Perry. Her music is really good. Sometimes I dont understand the music videos but my mom says when i grow up i will.

29. CJ luver

i would love to see that movie because i would like to know more about her and see who she really is instead of what the internet says

30. funny3

Katy Perry is awesome!!!!!
    I love the song e.t. and teenage dream and fireworks.
    I wish I could see the movie right now!!!!!!

31. Tamara

Lots of people say “Katy Perry is very innapropriet with her clothing choices” but, Katy Perry is a great role model! (Well, aside from SOME of her clothing) She really loves her fans and loves to laugh. For example- Fan: Omigosh! Katy Perry! I LOVE YOU! *Pause* Katy and everyone: *Laughs*!!!

32. Indescribeableauthor3

I can’t wait to see this movie! Katy Perry is amazing and this movie looks really good. :)

33. adorablepuppy86

She is amazing I really luv her songs <3 she is the best singer and I might see the movie katty perry part of mE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU KATTY PERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Cheerfulathena67

OMGALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! Her movie came out! Some friends and I are coming to watch it right when it comes out…Yay!

35. OPTIMISTICREADING3

Holy cannoli! I love Katy Perry! Favorite singer ever! :D I really wish I could watch the movie! :) She’s always being herself and making her fans happy! :) I’m so wide awake ever since it came out yesterday! Haha! Wide Awake is a song from Katy Perry by the way!

36. emily

I went to a Katy Perry concert back when her first album came out. I’m so glad she made it this far! (and I’m also really lucky to actually have seen her- she’s way too famous now for cheap and available tickets!)