July 12, 2012

Dumbledore’s Army

Posted by at 1:56 am in Harry Potter, Kid Power | Permalink

Make_a_differenceDumbledore's Army

In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry, Ron, and Hermione form a secret organization called Dumbledore’s Army (D.A. for short). Its purpose is to stand up against High Inquisitor Dolores Umbridge, and practice Defense Against the Dark Arts (which she has forbidden). Harry, Ron, and Hermione recruit members from all the Hogwarts houses, bringing everyone together for this common purpose. Together they prepare to battle against and defeat Voldemort.

This got us thinking . . . what if YOU could form your own Dumbledore's Army? If you could start a real live group to deal with the problems of the world, what would you fight against? Would you want your army to bring food to hungry countries? Work on cures for certain diseases? Find homes for all abandoned animals? Clean up the earth, and punish corporations who do damage? The sky is the limit.

What kind of change would you want to see in the world? We want to know what's most important to you. Let us know what your Dumbledore's Army would do in the Comments below.

— Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. bookwormgirl45

my army would fight for a CLEANER and GREENER earth where everything and everyplace is safe and peaceful!!!

2. Amanda

I would make an army to fight any evil in the world, and fight for world peace, find cures for any kind of disease, and, well, make the world a better place.

3. bandbee100

I LOVE your idea! So smart! I would get an army to prevent ocean soup(if you don’t know what ocean soup is Look It Up!)

4. chattyaqua135

I am a HUGE fan of Harry Potter.I am pretty much obsessed with it and in my Army I would find a cure to epilepsy,which my friend has,and to discuss Harry Potter!

5. gigglyfairy29

I loooooove harry potter books!!!!!!!! my faviort book is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban were he find out what his godfather is really like.

6. gigglyfairy29

I would create an army to make world peace. we loose millions of people every day because of the war.

7. mintchocolatechip100

At bible school they showed us pictures of starving kids in Africa. I would want to fight against that.

8. yellowcode11

i have never read harry potter, it sounds good! i think if you like harry potter you will like percy jackson and the olympians

9. Narnian Dragon Rider Jedi

Sorry, but I as a Potterhead I need to point out a mistake in this Ink Splot. “…Harry, Ron, and Hermione recruit members from all the houses…” is wrong information. There weren’t any Slytherins, as they actually worked for Umbridge. I think that this is a really good idea though, and shouldn’t be limited to only a few “houses.” :D

10. Megan

I would make an army to work for a cure for a disease my mom has, not many people know about it and it’s untreatable ’cause docters don’t understand what she has so she’s not fixed. It upsets her a lot and I would do anything to see her happy again. That’s what MY army would do