June 18, 2012

Writing Prompt: Book Setting

Posted by at 1:36 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_generic

Writing Prompt: Book Setting

Today’s Write On Writing Prompt comes to us from Skyelark Moon who asks an interesting question . . . not which character would you be, but which place would you go?

If you were to go to any place in a book, where would you go? What characters would you like to meet? What would you like to do? Would you go on an adventure the character went on and change the whole plot of the book?

I couldn’t decide between Hogwarts (from Harry Potter) and Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory (from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). In the end, my sweet tooth won out. Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory just seems so fantastical that I wouldn’t be able to resist! I’d love to lick the lickable wallpaper, float along in the chocolate river, and sample sweets to my heart’s content.

What about you guys? Let Skyelark Moon know in the Comments below!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. amazonchick900

I love Harry Potter he is full of surprises! Does anyone think a good report would be on Harry Potter?

2. EpicInk2

I would go in Harry Potter and destroy Voldie before he turned evil so everything could be all peace and rainbows and prancing lambs and hippies ;o

3. witchunicorn5

i dnt like the Hungr Games but ill meet Rue if i can.as for Catnip,she was kinda dumb wen Peeta declared that in TV dat he luved her!!!
    i luv Prim rose!

4. witchunicorn5

Dear Skye,
    i really hppe you read this.let me tell u something:you ROCK!
    but i wud like to ask you a question:If you were bullyed and trapped and not ‘accepeted’ as the character you wanted to be,wat wud u do?????
    PLESE
    REPLY,
    P.S.i’ll check wenevr i cud 2 see if u reply.
    P.P.S.just bcuz i m a 10-year-old dosent mean i dnt kno nything.i kno things.in fact i kno things only 17 or 16year-old knos!
    U
    ROCK!

5. witchunicorn5

i would go to probbaly go to Camp Half-blood and on a quest to rescue the gods,kiss Percy,shake hands with Annabeth(that will make me faint) and go horseriding on Chiron’s back…
    OR
    go to the Night world(a series of book by L.J.Smith)
    shake hands with Thea and Eric and fall in love with Ash on first sight(so CUTE!) too bad he’s taken.
    THE END!

6. Ley56

I would defently go into The Andalite Chronicals. Mostly because I haven’t read it, and it seems awesome.
    The characters? That’s easy. Loren, Elfanogr, and Arbron!
    I would love to see Elfangor drive a yellow mustang.
    I would save Elfangor from dying!

7. rubyphoenix35

Sooooo The Council of Mirror’s, ninth and final book in the Sisters Grimm series. How awesome would it be to command an army (what Sabrina did) or wave a magic wand (what Daphne does)? Also, I’d love to fight Atticius (am I spelling that right?), meet Sabrina and Daphne in person, and pull pranks with the trickster king, Puck. (he’s HILARIOUS!)

8. FAIRYBOOK10

i would go to The Hunger Games…AFTER mockingjay time. Willy wonka and the choclate factory, narnia, wherever the secret series takes place….this is all that i can think of at the moment.

9. werewolfcat5

If I could go to any place in any book,I would go to Regalia from Gregor the Overlander.I would like to meet Gregor,Boots,Vicus,and Lexus.I would like to stay in Regalia for a while and go on quests with Gregor.But I do not want to change the plot.

10. Citlali

I would either go to Hogwarts or go to District 12 (The Hunger Games)! I would love to be a wizard! I would become friends with Ginny and Hermione! I would love to meet Katniss, Prime, and Rue but I hate the idea of a friend going to fight for there life or die

11. laptopsand4

Nancy Clancy: Super Slueth Book. I will go to the evidence tent and try to solve the mysteries my way. I will like to meet Bree, her sister and of course, Nancy. As we come together I would like to go solve a criminal mystery. We will search for more and more mysteries to solve the crimes in the our town. We will create traps to set them up for them to get caught. We can go on this adventure and give ourselves a group name such as “detective squad”

12. flyinggreen6

if i was in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory i would go strate to the chocolate factory cause i love chocolate

13. camelotgirl

I’d go to Alagaesia and become a Dragon Rider and defeat bad guys and luxuriate in the awesomeness that is Saphira!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. julia

I would go to the secret watch base of the Amish-17 century
    village, and watch everyone.
    (running out time)
    oh, i would also wait for the girl to come out of the village for her mother’s medicine.

15. blueart637

If i could be Ben or Sarah from Wonderstruck it would be amazing!To escape to go find your father you have never seen and find he is dead would be sad and yet amazing that you survied the whole trip and met an awesome friend and your long lost fathers mother!!!!!

16. Dinosaurrabbit3

I would probably want to go to Diagon Alley, and buy a wand. Maybe even get to go to Hogwarts.
    Also I would want to go to Skeleton Creek, it would be cool to see the Dredge, and the library.

17. dragonphoenix59

I would either go to London (in the Bartimaeus Trilogy) and meet Bartimaeus, Nathaniel and Kitty.I would also *spoiler alert!* prevent Nathaniel from dying. Or I would go to Narnia and be best friends with Lucy and Edmund. Plus, I’d help them in all their quests!

18. Zeina

If I could choose any book to go into I would go to any of the 39 Clues!! Because in the series they go to so many exotic and cool places!!! And most of all because I LOVE the series!!!! <3 <3