June 18, 2012

Writing Prompt: Book Setting

Posted by at 1:36 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_generic

Writing Prompt: Book Setting

Today’s Write On Writing Prompt comes to us from Skyelark Moon who asks an interesting question . . . not which character would you be, but which place would you go?

If you were to go to any place in a book, where would you go? What characters would you like to meet? What would you like to do? Would you go on an adventure the character went on and change the whole plot of the book?

I couldn’t decide between Hogwarts (from Harry Potter) and Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory (from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). In the end, my sweet tooth won out. Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory just seems so fantastical that I wouldn’t be able to resist! I’d love to lick the lickable wallpaper, float along in the chocolate river, and sample sweets to my heart’s content.

What about you guys? Let Skyelark Moon know in the Comments below!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. athenaseeker1

I would go to Camp Half-Blood and just be an ordinary camper. I would like to meet Annabeth, Grover and Blackjack. It would be cool to be chosen to go on a Quest. I wouldn’t want to change the plot of the book, though. It is perfect the way it is.

2. Labrador

I would love to go to a lot of places… Hogwarts, Camp Half-Blood, and Alagaesia take the top places though!
    GO BOOKS!!

3. Rilee

I would love to go to the Shire or Rivendell from The Lord of the Rings, but I would not want to go on the quest to destroy the Ring!

4. ej

I would want to be in the book of Harry Potter. I would only like to in the first book because I wouldn’t want to be him if I went in that forest with those spiders.

5. Natalie

If you were to go to any place in a book, where would you go? I would go to Camp Halfblood. What characters would you like to meet? All of them XD What would you like to do? Learn self defense! Would you go on an adventure the character went on and change the whole plot of the book? I would go with them, but I wouldn’t change the plot at all because the Percy Jackson series ROCKS!

6. Skyelark Moon

Wow! Thank you for featuring my question!
    I would probably want to go to either Hogwarts from Harry Potter, or the Underland from the Underland Chronicles! I think it would be cool to meet some of my favourite characters… and not so favourite ones. Overall, if I had the chance to meet/go/interact with places and characters from some of my favourite book, I would be one of the happiest people alive. ^_^
    ~Skyelark Moon

7. birdbrain567

I would totally LOVE being in the Hunger Games,I would be friends with Catnip (Catniss) and TOTALLY meet Gale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. vampirewerewolf121

I would go to district 12 and meet Peeta Mellark. I would LOVE to go to district 11 and meet Rue because she is sooooooo sweet in the 1st book. {I chose the Hunger Games.} Obviously;). lol.

9. Robyn

10. Katniss

I would go to the Captiol in Hunger Games and try all of the food and try to meet Finnick, (living version) and Annie and their son…and Gale maybe! :P take that Madge

11. Magentadolphin21

I would go to Hogwarts, and meet Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Then, I would tell them everything that they will do wrong in all the books, and how to prevent it. Example: “Harry, do NOT go to the department of mysteries if you think Sirius is there. He won’t really be there, but he will come and try to protect you from Voldemort. Bellatrix Lestrange will end up killing him! So don’t do it!!!!!!!”

12. Chimeradragon

I would say the town in ‘Salem’s Lot, but they seem to have a vampire problem.
    I would be fine with Camelot, Narnia, or the land of Ratha’s Creature, but I would really want to go to Alagaesia.

13. Maya

Harry Potter definitely. I would just be a normal student in Hogwarts. It’d just be sooooo much fun getting a wand, getting sorted, being in all the classes, trying out for Quidditch! Everything!

14. chattyangel42

So hard to decide! The Hunger Games AFTER the arena was demolished. Wonka’s factory would be cool, too! Harry Potter would be AMAZING!!

15. Aaron

I would have the same problem because I love the Harry Poter series and I think it would be cool to meet and help Harry’s friends defeat the evil Lord Voldemort. But the other book I would choose would be The Hunger Games because how cool would it be to meet Katniss and Peeta, but yet how scary would it b to have to compete in the annual Hunger Games? But hey, who doesn’t like a little adventure.

16. Isla Silvercresent

i would probably go to either london (from a spy in the house) or Hogwarts (from Harry Potter) or Camp Half Blood/Jupiter (from Heroes of Olympus)

17. agentnectar3

I would got to the forest and meet Seth and Kendra then help them thought the journey they take {fablehaven}.

18. megan

If I was in Charlie and the chocolate factory , I would go STRAIGHT to the chocolate factory. I would love to meet the oompa loompas ( I don’t know if I spelled that right ) I would love to taste the chocolate and meet all of the weird characters and get to know their interesting characteristics !!! I would go on the adventure that charlie had to take and do everything like he does !!!!