June 18, 2012

Writing Prompt: Book Setting

Posted by at 1:36 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_generic

Writing Prompt: Book Setting

Today’s Write On Writing Prompt comes to us from Skyelark Moon who asks an interesting question . . . not which character would you be, but which place would you go?

If you were to go to any place in a book, where would you go? What characters would you like to meet? What would you like to do? Would you go on an adventure the character went on and change the whole plot of the book?

I couldn’t decide between Hogwarts (from Harry Potter) and Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory (from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). In the end, my sweet tooth won out. Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory just seems so fantastical that I wouldn’t be able to resist! I’d love to lick the lickable wallpaper, float along in the chocolate river, and sample sweets to my heart’s content.

What about you guys? Let Skyelark Moon know in the Comments below!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. amazonchick900

I love Harry Potter he is full of surprises! Does anyone think a good report would be on Harry Potter?

2. EpicInk2

I would go in Harry Potter and destroy Voldie before he turned evil so everything could be all peace and rainbows and prancing lambs and hippies ;o

3. witchunicorn5

i dnt like the Hungr Games but ill meet Rue if i can.as for Catnip,she was kinda dumb wen Peeta declared that in TV dat he luved her!!!
    i luv Prim rose!

4. witchunicorn5

Dear Skye,
    i really hppe you read this.let me tell u something:you ROCK!
    but i wud like to ask you a question:If you were bullyed and trapped and not ‘accepeted’ as the character you wanted to be,wat wud u do?????
    PLESE
    REPLY,
    P.S.i’ll check wenevr i cud 2 see if u reply.
    P.P.S.just bcuz i m a 10-year-old dosent mean i dnt kno nything.i kno things.in fact i kno things only 17 or 16year-old knos!
    U
    ROCK!

5. witchunicorn5

i would go to probbaly go to Camp Half-blood and on a quest to rescue the gods,kiss Percy,shake hands with Annabeth(that will make me faint) and go horseriding on Chiron’s back…
    OR
    go to the Night world(a series of book by L.J.Smith)
    shake hands with Thea and Eric and fall in love with Ash on first sight(so CUTE!) too bad he’s taken.
    THE END!

6. Ley56

I would defently go into The Andalite Chronicals. Mostly because I haven’t read it, and it seems awesome.
    The characters? That’s easy. Loren, Elfanogr, and Arbron!
    I would love to see Elfangor drive a yellow mustang.
    I would save Elfangor from dying!

7. rubyphoenix35

Sooooo The Council of Mirror’s, ninth and final book in the Sisters Grimm series. How awesome would it be to command an army (what Sabrina did) or wave a magic wand (what Daphne does)? Also, I’d love to fight Atticius (am I spelling that right?), meet Sabrina and Daphne in person, and pull pranks with the trickster king, Puck. (he’s HILARIOUS!)

8. FAIRYBOOK10

i would go to The Hunger Games…AFTER mockingjay time. Willy wonka and the choclate factory, narnia, wherever the secret series takes place….this is all that i can think of at the moment.

9. werewolfcat5

If I could go to any place in any book,I would go to Regalia from Gregor the Overlander.I would like to meet Gregor,Boots,Vicus,and Lexus.I would like to stay in Regalia for a while and go on quests with Gregor.But I do not want to change the plot.

10. Citlali

I would either go to Hogwarts or go to District 12 (The Hunger Games)! I would love to be a wizard! I would become friends with Ginny and Hermione! I would love to meet Katniss, Prime, and Rue but I hate the idea of a friend going to fight for there life or die

11. laptopsand4

Nancy Clancy: Super Slueth Book. I will go to the evidence tent and try to solve the mysteries my way. I will like to meet Bree, her sister and of course, Nancy. As we come together I would like to go solve a criminal mystery. We will search for more and more mysteries to solve the crimes in the our town. We will create traps to set them up for them to get caught. We can go on this adventure and give ourselves a group name such as “detective squad”

12. flyinggreen6

if i was in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory i would go strate to the chocolate factory cause i love chocolate

13. camelotgirl

I’d go to Alagaesia and become a Dragon Rider and defeat bad guys and luxuriate in the awesomeness that is Saphira!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. julia

I would go to the secret watch base of the Amish-17 century
    village, and watch everyone.
    (running out time)
    oh, i would also wait for the girl to come out of the village for her mother’s medicine.

15. blueart637

If i could be Ben or Sarah from Wonderstruck it would be amazing!To escape to go find your father you have never seen and find he is dead would be sad and yet amazing that you survied the whole trip and met an awesome friend and your long lost fathers mother!!!!!

16. Dinosaurrabbit3

I would probably want to go to Diagon Alley, and buy a wand. Maybe even get to go to Hogwarts.
    Also I would want to go to Skeleton Creek, it would be cool to see the Dredge, and the library.

17. dragonphoenix59

I would either go to London (in the Bartimaeus Trilogy) and meet Bartimaeus, Nathaniel and Kitty.I would also *spoiler alert!* prevent Nathaniel from dying. Or I would go to Narnia and be best friends with Lucy and Edmund. Plus, I’d help them in all their quests!

18. Zeina

If I could choose any book to go into I would go to any of the 39 Clues!! Because in the series they go to so many exotic and cool places!!! And most of all because I LOVE the series!!!! <3 <3

19. athenaseeker1

I would go to Camp Half-Blood and just be an ordinary camper. I would like to meet Annabeth, Grover and Blackjack. It would be cool to be chosen to go on a Quest. I wouldn’t want to change the plot of the book, though. It is perfect the way it is.

20. Labrador

I would love to go to a lot of places… Hogwarts, Camp Half-Blood, and Alagaesia take the top places though!
    GO BOOKS!!

21. Rilee

I would love to go to the Shire or Rivendell from The Lord of the Rings, but I would not want to go on the quest to destroy the Ring!

22. ej

I would want to be in the book of Harry Potter. I would only like to in the first book because I wouldn’t want to be him if I went in that forest with those spiders.

23. Natalie

If you were to go to any place in a book, where would you go? I would go to Camp Halfblood. What characters would you like to meet? All of them XD What would you like to do? Learn self defense! Would you go on an adventure the character went on and change the whole plot of the book? I would go with them, but I wouldn’t change the plot at all because the Percy Jackson series ROCKS!

24. Skyelark Moon

Wow! Thank you for featuring my question!
    I would probably want to go to either Hogwarts from Harry Potter, or the Underland from the Underland Chronicles! I think it would be cool to meet some of my favourite characters… and not so favourite ones. Overall, if I had the chance to meet/go/interact with places and characters from some of my favourite book, I would be one of the happiest people alive. ^_^
    ~Skyelark Moon

25. birdbrain567

I would totally LOVE being in the Hunger Games,I would be friends with Catnip (Catniss) and TOTALLY meet Gale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. vampirewerewolf121

I would go to district 12 and meet Peeta Mellark. I would LOVE to go to district 11 and meet Rue because she is sooooooo sweet in the 1st book. {I chose the Hunger Games.} Obviously;). lol.

27. Robyn

28. Katniss

I would go to the Captiol in Hunger Games and try all of the food and try to meet Finnick, (living version) and Annie and their son…and Gale maybe! :P take that Madge

29. Magentadolphin21

I would go to Hogwarts, and meet Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Then, I would tell them everything that they will do wrong in all the books, and how to prevent it. Example: “Harry, do NOT go to the department of mysteries if you think Sirius is there. He won’t really be there, but he will come and try to protect you from Voldemort. Bellatrix Lestrange will end up killing him! So don’t do it!!!!!!!”

30. Chimeradragon

I would say the town in ‘Salem’s Lot, but they seem to have a vampire problem.
    I would be fine with Camelot, Narnia, or the land of Ratha’s Creature, but I would really want to go to Alagaesia.

31. Maya

Harry Potter definitely. I would just be a normal student in Hogwarts. It’d just be sooooo much fun getting a wand, getting sorted, being in all the classes, trying out for Quidditch! Everything!

32. chattyangel42

So hard to decide! The Hunger Games AFTER the arena was demolished. Wonka’s factory would be cool, too! Harry Potter would be AMAZING!!

33. Aaron

I would have the same problem because I love the Harry Poter series and I think it would be cool to meet and help Harry’s friends defeat the evil Lord Voldemort. But the other book I would choose would be The Hunger Games because how cool would it be to meet Katniss and Peeta, but yet how scary would it b to have to compete in the annual Hunger Games? But hey, who doesn’t like a little adventure.

34. Isla Silvercresent

i would probably go to either london (from a spy in the house) or Hogwarts (from Harry Potter) or Camp Half Blood/Jupiter (from Heroes of Olympus)

35. agentnectar3

I would got to the forest and meet Seth and Kendra then help them thought the journey they take {fablehaven}.

36. megan

If I was in Charlie and the chocolate factory , I would go STRAIGHT to the chocolate factory. I would love to meet the oompa loompas ( I don’t know if I spelled that right ) I would love to taste the chocolate and meet all of the weird characters and get to know their interesting characteristics !!! I would go on the adventure that charlie had to take and do everything like he does !!!!