June 27, 2012

Nancy Drew Readalikes

Posted by at 3:20 am in Reads | Permalink

Book_titleYou know when you find an amazing book, and you never want it to end? How do you find another book to read after that? Our answer: Readalikes to the rescue! We hope our Readalikes will rescue you from the what-to-read-next question, and help you find lots of new amazing books.

Today's Readalikes are for the classic mystery detective Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene. 18-year-old Nancy Drew is beautiful, bold, intelligent, wealthy, and can pretty much solve any mystery that gets thrown at her. Even though these books were first published in the 1930s, Nancy Drew is still the ultimate teen detective.

There are a bunch of books in that series, as well as the movie Nancy Drew. But once you've finished all those, what to read next? Try these other mysteries with super-smart detectives. Click on the book cover below to see a whole bunch of other Nancy Drew Readalike books you might also love.

Nancy-drew

Hope you enjoy our Readalikes!

—Amanda, Scholastic Booktalker

1. rachael

i didn’t know this was a nancy drew book, but it looks interesting. I’ll see if i can read it.

2. soccermvp

I absolutely love the Nancy Drew books!! although i prefer the newer ones to the older ones, but ill still read them. And i love the sleuth or dare series!!

3. Isla Silvercresent

another readalike to nancy drew would be “the Agnecy” series. the first 3 books are, “A Spy in the House”, “The Body at the Tower”, and “The Traitor in the Tunnel”. The author is Y. S. Lee. This is my ABSOLUTE favorite series!

4. moonlightdragon15

Hi everyone!
    I used to post as Labrador but now I created an account! Anyways this is really cool.. wanna read these for sure!

5. Horsecheery11

I love Nancy Drew mysteries. I love the secret of Shadow ranch. And the secret of the old clock! I have almost every book except for number 8, and 3. I’ve read them though. Yup! Nancy drew sure rings a bell for me!

6. Gillian

I really loved the Nancy Drew series!! I’ve read ALL of them, but the thing that I most Importly didn’t like about it was the more you got to the end of the series, it became SOO predictable!! And it always seemed that why I’m I reading these if I’m so bored with them? But I stuck to it and I’m glad to say I’ve them all.