May 14, 2012

Writing Prompt: Superpower

Posted by at 1:10 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_superpowerWriting Prompt: Superpower

It’s a bird; it’s a plane; it’s YOU! Because you are a superhero, and your superpower is . . .? Today’s Write On Writing Prompt comes to us from Arianna who asks:

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

I would want to fly. It would be awesome to just take off whenever I wanted, be one with the birds, and of course, I could avoid a lot of traffic.

What about you guys? What would your superpower be? Inquiring minds like Arianna want to know! Leave your answer in the Comments below.

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. DragonDreamer19

I would love to be able to shapeshift into a dragon! and when im not a dragon(human form) I could control the four elements, fire, earth, air, and water!(like the avatar!)

2. AthenaAuthor22

Invisibility. Why?
    1. I’d get to hide from my parents when I was in trouble.
    2. I could get really sneaky when no one can see me.
    3. If I was invisible, my parents wouldn’t be able to wake me up for school.

3. SarahR

My power would not be flying. It would be, like, um, how about shape shifting? That would be cool! But flying too much can make you airsick. True?

4. greenathena22

This is kinda weird but today in school we were discussing the book Savvy (I know its so unfair in the last week of school) and we started talking about what we would want our savvies to be if we were in their family- the exact same subject! I would want telekinisis. Some of the others wanted:
    Dragonfly powers!-venom, durability, flying, etc.
    Tele-powers!-telekinisis, teleporting, and being able to summon a telephone whenever you want :-)

5. coinheart3

i would want to have the power to get all the things that i want. then i would be rich, super cool and invincible.

6. werewolfcat5

I would want my superpower to be able to see in the dark.You never know when something is watching you in the dark…..

7. chattyshell6

can I only pick ONE?! I wouldn’t pick flying… I would want super strength or the ability to shape shift.. but I would definitely want the ability to read minds (I’m a very curious person!)

8. dragonphoenix59

If I had a superpower, it would be to control water! (I’d also be able to breathe underwater, etc.)

9. Chelsey

It would be cool to have a power of being invisible
    so if I was embarassed I could go invisible or if I got in trouble.

10. bookishsurfing1

if I could pick 3 super powers to have I would pick flying, the ability to read minds, or telacanesis- the ability to move objects with my mind because that would be so cool!

11. mrl1029

I would be invisible because I could walk around saying peoples names and they would look and no one would be there!

12. dragonblack249

If I could have a super power it would be Mind Reading because then I could tell people What i want without my voice….

13. monkeystrawberry2

I would be the center of the universe. literally, i can control time and space. and i would absorb energy

14. featherstopaz3

if i was a super hero i would be supergirl. the only reason y because she has a lot of awsome powers and she iz the most powerful supergirl in the comic wrold. SHE IZ THE BEST IN THE INTIRE WORLD.

15. writergrapes3

My super power would have to be shape shifting. I love animals and it would be nice to go and be that animal for a day. I could run wild with mustangs or catch prey with cheetahs. I could also use my powers to shape shift into an ant when I get bored in school ( which I never do) or if I have to clean my room or something like that.

16. Isla Silvercresent

I would probably want like the power over darkness (ex: invisibility, telekinesis, flight, mind reading, seeing in the dark [of course], and all those mysterious powers like that) I would be a FAIRY!

17. Dakota

Shape shift! That would be awesome.
    P.S. Yes, I was formerly Luna. But I’m sticking with this name now.

18. J

If I had super powers I would want to control gravity. to control gravity maybe the awesomess thing in the world. to use my awesome gravity power I would have to have a curse mark and then when i get really good i will get the second state that makes me even more awesome. i would only use my powers to fight crime. i would become a cop so i can do this.

19. basketballwhirlwind6

I would like a mind reading power because my teacher calls on people with their hand down, especially me. I obviously don’t know the answer! He will probably be thinking of the answer, so I could read his mind and show him I am listening.

20. brainyartemis

I would be able to control time. This way, I could have more time to, say, study, or I could go back in time to correct an answer I got wrong on a quiz

21. Shiloh

I would have the power to somehow live underwater because I can see things that people can’t like Atlantis or the Titanic. I would also like the ability to communicate and act like a wolf because wolves are very strong and brave.

22. Megan

I think that my superpower would be to fly. I have always wondered what it would be like to just let yourself soar through the air like a bird…… I guess being in an airplane wouldn’t count. But flying would be awesome !!!!!!!!

23. Priscilla

Personally, I would love to have the power to control fire, amazing really. Just to cook some ramen!~

24. blacktide7

I want to be able to shape shift, that way I can have all the superpowers of the natural world :)

25. eyescat18

invisible because i wouldn’t be notice by anyone and i could sneak in my classroom and said i was here the whole time.
    that would be awesome