May 7, 2012

Holiday Writing Prompt

Posted by at 12:03 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_holidayWriting Prompt: Make Your Own Holiday

May 8 is No Socks Day! You celebrate by taking off your socks and letting your feet feel free (after school, of course). I don’t know when this random holiday was invented or why, but it got me thinking. . .

If you could create your own holiday, what would it be?

I would invent Chocolate Chip Cookie Day which you celebrate by baking chocolate chip cookies and giving them out to all your friends. Obviously, they do the same, so you get piles and piles of home-made chocolate chip cookies that day!

What would YOUR holiday be? Tell us in the Comments.

1. browniebeastly12

If i could create a holiday i would chose party day. The purpose of party day is to let go of the everyday stress and for everyone to just let go and have fun.

2. moonrise2

I think that my holiday would be pet day.pet day is a day when you do nothing exstep be with your pet and cander to thier every wim allday long that would be my holiday

3. natalie

If i could invnt a holiday
    it would be embrace ur inner
    self day reject the status
    quote. be true to urself!!!!

4. J

If i would have to make a holiday it would be Titanic Day. It would be Titanic Day to remember all the people who died. We would have first, second, and third class food that they would eat on the Titanic. Then we would make a mini Titanic model and make it sink. While it sinks we will have the song from the movie.

5. A :)))) 8)

i would invent a day were you wouldn’t have to go to school for a month if you didn’t want to.

6. ripebanana500

well as I like Miley Cyrus very much so…obviously I’ll celebrate Miley Cyrus day right on the day when she was born i.e.November.23rd!I’d real be very happy if such happens!….

7. mintchocolatechip100

Be a Couch Potato Day! Stay in PJs, watch lots of movies and eat lots of junk food!

8. lightningsprinkles1

I would do qwerty day, I would make it on the friday before the last week of school. We would get to go on the computer all day and we would get ice cream for lunch. The reason for qwerty day would be to give kids a break from school and have something to look forward too.

9. Optimisticblue3

My awesome holiday would be the “be in a book day”. You would get the whole day just to design a book with you as the main charters. No one would ever tell you what to do when in the book you get laser vision. And who know who your side kick would be.. if you even chose to have one.

10. AmazingAthena69

Well, I would make a national sleep day. You could either sleep all day or relax in your home.

11. J&A

My holiday would be National NO HOMEWORK YEAR, on every leap year (ex: 2008, 2012, 2016) you get absolutly no homework. You do it all in school hours. The world would like this because a kid can get enough homework a day and rest their brains after. That is why I would like National NO HOMEWORK YEAR.

12. Sarah

I would invent a holiday called :Friendship day… where you have to call/email or talk to your friends in person and tell them how much they mean to u and stuff hehe

13. Kayla

Ok My Own Holiday Would Be Teacher P.E Day Every Year So The Teachers Get To See How Painful And Sweating P.E Really Is And They Will Fell Sorry For Us And Give Us No Home work Yay!!! Lol

14. drea

this is okey to me i think just dont this be facted becuse this is not passing to 3rd grade just to say just be you and
    THIS IS NOT VERY GOOD

15. purplevolleyball61

I would make Peace Day. Where all the criminals, thieves, robbers and bad people would instead of trying to hurt the world and help it. This is impossible because we do live on Earth, RIGHT?

16. BLACKPURPLE193

I would have a ( My Name ) Day , and on that holiday you need to thank me for something good I have done for you

17. cherylann

i would make horse day for horses. horses are awesome and they helped people since the beginning. some people dont apreciate how horses help us. p.s every animal day and goosebumps day would be good too