May 7, 2012

Holiday Writing Prompt

Posted by at 12:03 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_holidayWriting Prompt: Make Your Own Holiday

May 8 is No Socks Day! You celebrate by taking off your socks and letting your feet feel free (after school, of course). I don’t know when this random holiday was invented or why, but it got me thinking. . .

If you could create your own holiday, what would it be?

I would invent Chocolate Chip Cookie Day which you celebrate by baking chocolate chip cookies and giving them out to all your friends. Obviously, they do the same, so you get piles and piles of home-made chocolate chip cookies that day!

What would YOUR holiday be? Tell us in the Comments.

1. writergrapes3

I would make a day called Writing Day. What you would do on Writing Day is write a play, skit, small story, poem, etc. The purpose of Writing Day is to cherish the mind that we have by writing something that you put your ALL into. Not something that you slop down on a piece of paper that has a lot of errors on it.

2. Priscila

I would invent Be Yourself Day. You could dress with things that make you stand up and express who you really are.

3. whiskersrabbit2

I would invent shape shifter day where you could become your favorite animal anytime or place during that day. You can change back to a human whenever you want. I wouldchang in to a white bengal tiger

4. midsummerfantastic2

I would invent the movie day. Movie day would be where you would go to the movie theatre and see the coolest and latest movie. You would be a day where you you’d take a blanket and some money to buy stuff like candy and popcorn. Your class would take a vote on what movie you would see. DON’T forget the coupons!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

5. Stacey

I would invent a holiday called…
    Baseball cap day
    where everyone would wear baseball caps and play sports all day Lol ;)

6. chattyangel42

Writing Day on March 20th! Everyone would have to write something that day, a story, poem, or, an essay!
    ~ca42

7. Magentadolphin21

National Beatles Day! Everyone wears their Beatles t-shirts, and listens to Beatles music! It could be on October 10, or some other Beatles-significant day. By the way, October 10 is John Lennon’s (one of the Beatles), birthday. (I’m allowed to post that, right? I know birthdays are considered personal information, but you can find that on the Internet fairly easily. Besides, it’s his personal information, not mine.)

8. catspinx10

well i would make a holiday where in each town there will be a book festival where you can get up to 5 books for free each person and when you’ve picked you can go to the next festival straight and get all sorts of stuff for freee also you can get a ticket to go on board half price!

9. bluewitch30

I know this is kind of ridiculous since I’m not even 13 but I would like No Government week! that would be utterly incredible. I’d also like Warp Back Week. Every week it’s a different time period from the pass and everyone has to dress, eat, act, and talk like you were from that period.

10. Iyla

I think that this is a great day, not only for us but for our students. I would make national sweatpants day, where everyone would eb allowed to wear sweats to work. I think that by giving this sort of prompt to our students it will show us what they would like and also would be able to show their reasoning for it. If we made this a question of the day for our students it would allow them to show their opinion and then maybe we can have each child celebrate their “national” holiday on a certain day in the classroom.

11. dragonphoenix59

I would love to have a Junk Food Day, where (obviously) everyone would have to eat only junk food!! (Even though, I’d probably be totally sick later! :S )

12. Megan

i would make a holiday that on that day the guy i have a crush on would have to take me out on a date!

13. ~Fairyemerald31~

Hmmm……..I would do Student Day. You would celebrate by having a day off from school OR spend the day at school but you can do whatever you want

14. j

If I made a holiday it would be no school and money
    holiday. Of course there would be no school and we got 300 million dollars. I would be rich and is celebrated every 1st friday of every month.I would be rich!

15. EpicInk2

I’d invent Pyjama Day. It’d be in September. You’d get a day off school, and wear PJs all day! xD
    It would be tradition to buy a movie you haven’t seen before, snuggle down on the sofa and watch it at 8 o clock.

16. runningdrama1

i think that this is a great idea but lets invent a holiday that can be celebrated at school

17. flippersdecoding6

my holiday writing promt would be to make it reading day and have everyone read for as long as they can.

18. Megan

The Holiday I would create would be , the National No Homework Month . The teachers from school would be told not to give the students homework for a month. I can only dream that something like that would happen……