May 4, 2012

First Position Ballet Movie

Posted by at 12:20 am in Celebrities | Permalink

FirstPositionshoesFirst Position Ballet Movie

First Position is a new documentary film about 6 actual dancers (ages 9-19) at one of the world’s most prestigious ballet competitions, where hundreds of young dancers compete for a handful of elite scholarships and contracts. The film paints a thrilling and moving portrait of some of these gifted young ballet stars of tomorrow as they push themselves to the limit to realize their dreams.

Take a look at this video clip from the movie where Michaela DePrince talks about her dreams and her struggles as an African-American ballerina.

Follow Michaela and other amazing ballet dancers on a yearlong journey around the world as they face injury and personal sacrifice on their way to the Youth America Grand Prix competition. It looks like a really inspiring film.

1. pinkdance252

That ballerina is a beautiful dancer. She, graceful, flexable, and she has beautiful feet. Those are all qulities that a good dancer should have.

2. onyxkoalabear5

I think that movie looks really good. It’s a inspiration to me(and should be to others) that saying I can do anything.

3. sharklavender3

im a black ballerina and i cant get as poise and as gracefull as her and look at how she jetes bballerina term 4 jump oh and add me if u like ballet :)

4. amberaqua131

ballet is very beautiful but point is even more. i am to start point in 3 weeks and i am very excited a wonderful experience!!!

5. dolphinscarlet11

I would like to watch that movie and it will be a cool thing to show other kids that want to be a ballerina.

6. stormseal6

you go gal just keep beliven and did ballea to but, to be onest I’m not as good as you keep beliven

7. sciencearcade6

this girl has a dream she needs to hang on to so she should’nt let go like my dream. I what to be an actores so she needs to hang on & never let go:)

8. risingsword6

I am a dancer and I think I would love this movie I’ve been taking ballet for about two years and I have been on point for one and a half which is very unusual but I have strong ankles ~risingsword6

9. bulldog662

i also tryed out for ballet too but i didn’t pass the 2nd level beacuse i was too little and i really hated it. :)

10. oceanbrainy2

nice dancing. I want to do that.how do you get so flexable? I wonder how you do those moves? Is the floor slippery?
    P.S lol u better not fall on your bottom

11. chattyangel42

@Type name here, I think they r putting the HTML toolbar back, since it got deleted on accident.

12. dolphin6

dancing is very fun and i think everyone should try out for the dance team or just pleain dance in front of the mirror. i actually started at a small dance studio and then i went to a bigger production all dance is is practice, practice, and more practice.

13. dolphin6

hi i am also a ballerina and you video really inspired me i am actually starting point in 4 weeks i have been doing dance for 8 yrs and it is very fun and is a great exercise Thanks you for the inspiration!!!

14. catsphinx10

ballet is just boring cause theres no funky moves but to be honest i like ballet just the way it is and i wanna become a ballerina myself. its elagency embaces me and makes me so free-a-like

15. p

I don’t think ballet is boss, go rap or dance to party rock anthem because this isn’t making me proud or happy. I’d rather watch a turtle walk a mile.

16. Type Name Here

Um… hi…
    I wasn’t on for a while, now all of the sudden the boards are closed! Would anyone mind explaining what’s happening?

17. Megan

WOW she is an amazing dancer……I do hip-hop dancing which is nothing like ballet , but man is she great at that or what !!!!

18. dancingvenus7

keep that determanation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

19. Grace

I think I would get this movie! I am a ballerina (true) and that looks like something I would want to see! I am actually going to be in a performance this month, too! I don’t have my point shoes yet, though! I still have my toe shoes! I will get my point shoes soon, YAY!