April 23, 2012

Writing Prompt: Swallowed into a Book!

Posted by at 1:09 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_rainbow_penWriting Prompt: Swallowed into a Book!

This week’s Write On Writing Prompt takes a spin into the supernatural.

AthleteGirl4 writes:
You are sucked into one of your favorite books and you can’t get back to reality. What will you do?

Ooh, it’s just like Inkheart! Maybe you would become part of the story. Or change it all together! Inquiring minds, like AthleteGirl4 want to know. Tell us your answers in the Comments below.

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. alexandra

ok it is really good but the part about is that it has alot of detail going over the same things and details and the topic is just not something we have in common but to many othere people they most likely love hate like it or what they fell about it.

2. Isla Silvercresent

I would get sucked into Harry Potter or Hunger Games, and well, I’d probably stay there and
    -Harry Potter: be on the order of phoenix as Snape’s niece and then act like a double agent to the dark lord and in the end be with George after deserting Voldemort.
    -Hunger Games: I would be a tribute form District 1 but (being a career in the 73rd hunger games) not want to go and in the end I live and then team up with the resistors and District 13 and I become the army general with Gale!!!!!

3. Awsome Person

i’d finish the book and not read another one of there book so i don’t get sucked into another one :)

4. Ley56

The book series is ANIMORPHS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would find the blue box before David, and touch it. Blah blah blah. I’ll be an animorph, and attack the Yeerks, and save Rachel from her terrible fate. :{D

5. Hiphoph

SUCKED INTO FAIRY TALES
    ****************************
    I was reading my book of fairy tales. I flipped to my favorite one.
    “The Seven Swans.” I said and started to read. Out of nowhere, I fell over. Brushing myself off, I stood up. I was outside a little cabin. “What happaned?!” I looked around. Hearing a rustling noise, I hid.
    “Brothers? Brothers? Dinner’s ready!” The star queen? Did I just…? I looked around untill I found my book. I skipped to the part when she’s at the castle…and there I was! I was in the crowd of people surrounding her.
    “Wait! She didn’t do it! Your mother set her up!” I yelled. Was it right to mess with a story? Oh, well. I explained it all to the prince and the star queen was released. I wrote in the sand my own story:
    “There was a girl sitting in her house, reading a book…” I read outloud. POOF! I was back home. I threw the book across the rome and ran downstairs. Maybe I’d go on Scholastic instead…
    THE END

6. Dom

Well my favorite book is about a rich person. So if I went into the book, why would I want to get out. I would buy a butler and a porsh. And by a pool to swim in. That’s why I would be happy.

7. A

I would probably stay into the book! If it’s a great book, why would I ever wanna go back in reality? But in a odd scenario. I would go through the adventures of the book… Then, hopefully get out of the twist of being trapped in the book!

8. EpicInk2

Ooh, this is a toughie. I’d go into the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! Yeah, I’d be a District 3 tribute. I’d go and team up with Cato ;] And actually, I’ll have it exciting – I’ll be killed by a poisoned kiss ;)

9. pegausathena1

I would fight to protect myself (considering that happens a lot in all my favorite books it does not matter wich one I say.)

10. Emily

HI! My favorite book is The Sisters Grimm. *SPOILER ALERT FOR ALL BOOKS IN SERIES* I feel that I would be scared, but then, like Sabrina, I’d fight back. In the last published book, Granny is possesed. I would help get her back to her, and get someoneelse that burden, such as a weak hungry man on his deathbed.

11. j

ive been reading the Percy Jackson books.I love the book and i wish that they were real and I could be a demi god. It would be an amazing adventure with live or death. If i was a kid of the big three, that would be a even better adventure then anything i would ever do in a normal life.