April 16, 2012

Writing Prompt: BFF Book Characters

Posted by at 10:15 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bookWriting Prompt: BFF Book Characters

What if you could make your favorite book character come to life and become your BFF? Or which book character would be your sworn enemy? Well, this week’s Write On Writing Prompt gives you the chance to answer those very questions. It comes to us from 44maplesyrup, who asks:

Which book character would you like to be friends with?
Which would be your enemy?
Which would you want to date?
Which would you want to switch places with?

Here’s my go at it:

Friend: Nikki Maxwell from The Dork Diaries series
Enemy: Voldemort. Of course!!!
Date: Edward from Twilight (for ages 12 and up)
Switch Places: Meg from A Wrinkle in Time (I’ve always wanted to time travel.)

What are YOUR answers? Let 44maplesyrup know in the Comments below!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. hamstertwirling2

My BFF is really cool. She’s like a sister to me. We also do everything together. With out her, i her…. i don’t really know what i’ll do. Know matter what i will always have her back ♥

2. Virginia

BFF: Jo from Little Women
    Enemy: Nellie Olsen from the Little House Books
    Date: Iron Man from Marvel Comics
    Switch Places With: Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

3. dramabookworm14

I think I would want to be best friends with Annabeth or Percy from the Percy Jackson series because I think it would be so insanely cool to be a demigod! Plus I think they are the cutest couple! xD
    Though Voldemort would be a big enemy of mind I’ve also grown a hatred towards some characters in books I read who do stupid things like Drew and Octavian also from the Percy Jackson (well really Heroes of Olympus) series.
    (As you can tell I’m kinda obsessed!)
    Hm, what character to date…let’s see…well like I said, Percy Jackson seems awesome but he’s taken and totally adorable with Annabeth so I think i would want to date Peeta from the Hunger Games because Josh Hutcherson is SO cute! Or maybe even Carter Kane from the Kane Chronicles, because he seems really cool too, and nerd/bookworm-y like me!
    Sorry again for basing this all around Rick Riordan (like I said, I’m just obsessed!) but I would want to trade places with Annabeth because she is really smart and can keep her head and her romance in a fight! If I couldn’t be Annabeth I might want to be (yes another Riordan character!) Sadie Kane because she’s dramatic and romantic-y like me.
    ((Sorry if this is too long or I did something wrong on here! This is my first post on this site and I think it is really cool!))

4. Darkgriffin8

OK y’all here’s my answers
    BFF: Clove from the Hunger Games
    Date: The Gasman in Maximum Ride
    Enemy: Dewlap (Guardians of Ga’Hoole)
    Switch: Max in Maximum Ride

5. writergrapes3

Friend: Roaslie (Twilight)
    Enemy: Vildemort
    Date: Edward Cullen (Twilight)
    Switch: Bella (Twilight)

6. dragonphoenix59

Friend: Harry Potter (who else?)
    Enemy: Voldemort!
    Date: Artemis Fowl/Percy Jackson/ Edward Cullen
    Switch: Hmm…maybe, Bella Swan

7. angryfangs11

F:Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Chiron, Grover
    E:Dracula, Voldamort, any1 evil :D
    D:Classified information
    S:Apollo, Jim Hawkins, Arthur (As a boy)

8. Lucinda

1:Finnick Odair or Gale Hawthorneor Peeta Mellark
    2:President Snow
    3:Duh…..Peeta Mellark
    4:Okay really…..KATNISS EVERDEEN!!!!!!!!!

9. alywrites

Which book character would you like to be friends with?
    ~SO many different characters, like Sylvie from The Splendor Falls to Chloe from the Darkest Powers series to Macey from The Truth About Forever…
    Which would be your enemy?
    ~Voldemort, naturally…and Shawn from TSF and the School from the Maximum Ride series…XD
    Which would you want to date?
    ~Rhys Griffith, Derek Bae, and Will Herondale
    Which would you want to switch places with?
    ~NO ONE…because of the fact that they’re book characters, so great moments of utter angst are always happening to them! XD

10. DOGIPOD56

Friend: Ginny Weasley – she would be a great friend
    Enemy: Voldemort, Draco Malfoy – Malfoy’s nothing but a mean little coward
    Date: Harry Potter – he’s cute
    Swap with: Hermione Granger, i have always wanted to go to hogwarts
    I am additced to harry potter
    DOGIPOD56
    There you have it

11. orangecat111

Friend:Allie Finkle from Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls
    Enemy:Darth Vader
    Date:Grayson Chamberlain from The Snow Queen
    Switch:Christina Agularia (if that is how you spell her last name)

12. Ley56

Friend-Cassie (Animorphs)
    Enemy-Taylor. (that’s a duh one. She almost killed Tobias.)
    Date-Elfangor (I don’t care about you Loren! Unless you really are Hera…)
    Switch-Rachel (she is awesome. Plus who wouldn’t want to date birdboy?

13. Caitlin

1-Amanda Ellerby (11 Birthdays) BFF!
    2-MacKenzie Hollister (Dork Diaries) Enemy!
    3-Brandon Roberts (Dork Diaries) Boyfriend!
    4-Jenny McAfee (How I Survived Middle School) Life Switcher!

14. EpicInk2

Book: THE BLOOMING HUNGER GAMES!
    BFF? Man, isn’t it obvious? Cato from The Hunger Games.
    Enemy? Uh, Katniss?
    Date? Ah huh huh huh, Cato.
    Switch? Foxface.

15. Megan

Friend: Katniss Everdeen ( I would love to be friends with such a strong and caring person )
    Enemy: Voldemort
    Date: Peeta Mellark
    Switch : None ( I can’t think of any people, they’re all so awesome )

16. hungrygame12

FRIEND-Peeta[he is so cute]
    ENEMY-Katniss[she took Peeta away]
    DATE-Peeta[cute,cute,cute!]
    SWITCH-Katniss[Peeta will like me]

17. elfheroine1

BFF, Legolas Greenleaf, Elves are so cool, and Legolas is the coolest, although I might try to be friends with Gollum.
    Enemy, Oh, Jacen Solo, AKA Darth Caedus.
    Date, probably Ben Skywalker.
    Switch, Some Jedi, person.