April 16, 2012

Writing Prompt: BFF Book Characters

Posted by at 10:15 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bookWriting Prompt: BFF Book Characters

What if you could make your favorite book character come to life and become your BFF? Or which book character would be your sworn enemy? Well, this week’s Write On Writing Prompt gives you the chance to answer those very questions. It comes to us from 44maplesyrup, who asks:

Which book character would you like to be friends with?
Which would be your enemy?
Which would you want to date?
Which would you want to switch places with?

Here’s my go at it:

Friend: Nikki Maxwell from The Dork Diaries series
Enemy: Voldemort. Of course!!!
Date: Edward from Twilight (for ages 12 and up)
Switch Places: Meg from A Wrinkle in Time (I’ve always wanted to time travel.)

What are YOUR answers? Let 44maplesyrup know in the Comments below!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. DragonDreamer19

friends: Clay, Sunny, Glory, Starflight, Tsunami, Peril.(Wings of Fire)
    Enemy: Voldemort(HP!)
    Date: Vladimir Tod(chronicles of Vladimir tod
    Switch: Simle(bronze dragon codex)

2. AthenaAuthor22

I would be friends with Aliena or Elizabeth from Pillars of the Earth (by Ken Follett). I would be enemies with William. I would want to date Jack. I would want to switch places with Aliena. (All characters are from Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett)

3. bookwormgirl45

friend: Annabeth Chase from percy jackson series,Hermione,Athena,Zia(kane chronicles),nancy drew
    enemy: Voldemort(again)Count Olaf,Vlad the inhaler(kane chronicles)
    Date: no one
    Switch: hermione granger/meggie from inkheart or any of the other girls whom i want to be friends with

4. Natalie

Friend: Sadie Kane (The Kane
    Chronicles, Rick Riordan)
    Enemy: Set (The Kane Chronicles, Rick Riordan)
    Date: Anubis (The Kane Chronicles, Rick Riordan)
    Switch places: Carter Kane (The Kane Chronicles, Rick Riordan)

5. eglantine57

BFF: Rue, Prim, Katniss
    Enemy: Voldemort, Marvel
    Date: Nico DiAngelo, Cato, Percy Jackson, Fang or Murtagh
    Switch: Maximum Ride, but i love my life.

6. werewolfcat5

I would like to be friends with Jenny in How I Survived Middle School.My enemy would be Ivy in Madison Finn.I would want to date Rooke in Winterling.I would want to switch places with Septimus in Magyk.

7. hamstertwirling2

My BFF is really cool. She’s like a sister to me. We also do everything together. With out her, i her…. i don’t really know what i’ll do. Know matter what i will always have her back ♥

8. Virginia

BFF: Jo from Little Women
    Enemy: Nellie Olsen from the Little House Books
    Date: Iron Man from Marvel Comics
    Switch Places With: Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

9. dramabookworm14

I think I would want to be best friends with Annabeth or Percy from the Percy Jackson series because I think it would be so insanely cool to be a demigod! Plus I think they are the cutest couple! xD
    Though Voldemort would be a big enemy of mind I’ve also grown a hatred towards some characters in books I read who do stupid things like Drew and Octavian also from the Percy Jackson (well really Heroes of Olympus) series.
    (As you can tell I’m kinda obsessed!)
    Hm, what character to date…let’s see…well like I said, Percy Jackson seems awesome but he’s taken and totally adorable with Annabeth so I think i would want to date Peeta from the Hunger Games because Josh Hutcherson is SO cute! Or maybe even Carter Kane from the Kane Chronicles, because he seems really cool too, and nerd/bookworm-y like me!
    Sorry again for basing this all around Rick Riordan (like I said, I’m just obsessed!) but I would want to trade places with Annabeth because she is really smart and can keep her head and her romance in a fight! If I couldn’t be Annabeth I might want to be (yes another Riordan character!) Sadie Kane because she’s dramatic and romantic-y like me.
    ((Sorry if this is too long or I did something wrong on here! This is my first post on this site and I think it is really cool!))

10. Darkgriffin8

OK y’all here’s my answers
    BFF: Clove from the Hunger Games
    Date: The Gasman in Maximum Ride
    Enemy: Dewlap (Guardians of Ga’Hoole)
    Switch: Max in Maximum Ride

11. writergrapes3

Friend: Roaslie (Twilight)
    Enemy: Vildemort
    Date: Edward Cullen (Twilight)
    Switch: Bella (Twilight)

12. dragonphoenix59

Friend: Harry Potter (who else?)
    Enemy: Voldemort!
    Date: Artemis Fowl/Percy Jackson/ Edward Cullen
    Switch: Hmm…maybe, Bella Swan

13. angryfangs11

F:Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Chiron, Grover
    E:Dracula, Voldamort, any1 evil :D
    D:Classified information
    S:Apollo, Jim Hawkins, Arthur (As a boy)

14. Lucinda

1:Finnick Odair or Gale Hawthorneor Peeta Mellark
    2:President Snow
    3:Duh…..Peeta Mellark
    4:Okay really…..KATNISS EVERDEEN!!!!!!!!!

15. alywrites

Which book character would you like to be friends with?
    ~SO many different characters, like Sylvie from The Splendor Falls to Chloe from the Darkest Powers series to Macey from The Truth About Forever…
    Which would be your enemy?
    ~Voldemort, naturally…and Shawn from TSF and the School from the Maximum Ride series…XD
    Which would you want to date?
    ~Rhys Griffith, Derek Bae, and Will Herondale
    Which would you want to switch places with?
    ~NO ONE…because of the fact that they’re book characters, so great moments of utter angst are always happening to them! XD

16. DOGIPOD56

Friend: Ginny Weasley – she would be a great friend
    Enemy: Voldemort, Draco Malfoy – Malfoy’s nothing but a mean little coward
    Date: Harry Potter – he’s cute
    Swap with: Hermione Granger, i have always wanted to go to hogwarts
    I am additced to harry potter
    DOGIPOD56
    There you have it

17. orangecat111

Friend:Allie Finkle from Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls
    Enemy:Darth Vader
    Date:Grayson Chamberlain from The Snow Queen
    Switch:Christina Agularia (if that is how you spell her last name)

18. Ley56

Friend-Cassie (Animorphs)
    Enemy-Taylor. (that’s a duh one. She almost killed Tobias.)
    Date-Elfangor (I don’t care about you Loren! Unless you really are Hera…)
    Switch-Rachel (she is awesome. Plus who wouldn’t want to date birdboy?

19. Caitlin

1-Amanda Ellerby (11 Birthdays) BFF!
    2-MacKenzie Hollister (Dork Diaries) Enemy!
    3-Brandon Roberts (Dork Diaries) Boyfriend!
    4-Jenny McAfee (How I Survived Middle School) Life Switcher!

20. EpicInk2

Book: THE BLOOMING HUNGER GAMES!
    BFF? Man, isn’t it obvious? Cato from The Hunger Games.
    Enemy? Uh, Katniss?
    Date? Ah huh huh huh, Cato.
    Switch? Foxface.

21. Megan

Friend: Katniss Everdeen ( I would love to be friends with such a strong and caring person )
    Enemy: Voldemort
    Date: Peeta Mellark
    Switch : None ( I can’t think of any people, they’re all so awesome )

22. hungrygame12

FRIEND-Peeta[he is so cute]
    ENEMY-Katniss[she took Peeta away]
    DATE-Peeta[cute,cute,cute!]
    SWITCH-Katniss[Peeta will like me]

23. elfheroine1

BFF, Legolas Greenleaf, Elves are so cool, and Legolas is the coolest, although I might try to be friends with Gollum.
    Enemy, Oh, Jacen Solo, AKA Darth Caedus.
    Date, probably Ben Skywalker.
    Switch, Some Jedi, person.

24. Katniss

1. Madeline from “Awaken” (P.S. has anyone else read that???)
    2. Vesper 1… Meh!!!
    3. Lee from “Tomorrow, When the War Began” (read that???)
    4. Katniss Everdeen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

25. aquaheatwave10

My book bff: Hermionie (Harry Potter)
    Enemy: Voldemort/You-Know-Who (Harry Potter)
    Date; None
    Swith: Love my life so None
    Thank you for posting this Writing Prompt!

26. Isla Silvercresent

Friend: Mo from Lemonade Mouth
    Enemy: Count Olaf
    Date: Jacob from Twilight or Puck from Iron King
    Switch Places: Cammie from the Gallagher Girls

27. falliscool

friends with: hemione or Luna or Amy or annabeth
    Which would be your enemy: Voldemort the vespers the titans and the giants
    Which would you want to date: Percy i guess
    Which would you want to switch places with: maybe Claire or massie from the clique

28. hannah

friend:hermione, ron ,harry, and neville
    enemy:voldemort
    date: harry potter or edward
    switch places: harry potter or bella swan

29. Gabbygirl4

Mom:Honey,What do you want your name changed too?
    Me:Katniss.
    Mom:Katniss Everdeen???
    Me:Katniss Marie Everdeen.
    Mom:Okay.

30. Fairyemerald31

Friend: Athena from Goddess Girls
    Enemy: Voldemort
    Date: Percy Jackson!
    Switch Places: Joesefina from American Girl
    See ya!!

31. bikingblue104

One shoes, the shoes of a master lost in the bed corner, the dark spent a long time. A will to produce mice me into its nest, so that when the little mouse’s nest. Looked at the leisurely pace of life of the mice, I pray to God to let me become a mouse.
    Merciful God granted me my request, let me become a mouse. Rats, I know the when rats difficulty. During the day can not come out, come out at night to steal food but also to avoid the arrest of the cat. Some mice when I am tired of this life, I want to be a cat. When the cat is more than okay during the day drilling in the arms of the owner to play at night can catch the mouse to play more than okay.

32. Who needs shoes

People always need shoes, a close friend
    Climbing the road should be with the shoes
    The shoes are always willing to be intimate partner of the human
    Never exposed to their own complaints
    Happiness to mankind!
    This may be their own destiny
    Human beings seem to think that he is never stepped on the top of the shoes
    As scaffold
    Years years months
    From year to
    One day the shoes break
    People take it away

33. Jewel

mmm…KATNISS OR,,,maybe Thalia??
    Voldemort and Mackenzie
    Edward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    im satisfied with the normal life im having,so….none!!

34. rosalinda

Friend:Nancy from Fancy Nancy
    Enemy:Count Olaf from “The Bad Beginning
    Date:Jacob!!!!from TWILIGHT
    Switch Places:NY to china

35. Rachel

Kate Weatherhall (The Mysterious Benedict Society)
    Voldemort(once again)
    James Bond (Young, from the book Silverfin)
    Scarlett o’Hara (Gone With the Wind)

36. chattyangel42

Friend: I have to go with you Ratha. I love Nikki!
    Enemy:Voldemort(duh) and Simon Heap
    Date:Peeta from THG!(of course!)
    Switch Places:Billie Jo from Out of the Dust(This book is a fiction from the past, so I’d like to know how it was back then.)

37. Holly

Freind: Lyssa from Author Gordman Korman’s book, Island.
    Enemy:Well, of course, Radford from the book, Island.
    Date: I would date Luke from the book, Island.
    Switch Places: I would switch places with no-one. I love my life.

38. blackvampire126

1-Peeta Mellark(The Hunger Games)
    2-President Snow(The Hunger Games)
    3-Katniss Everdeen(The Hunger Games)
    4-Harry Potter

39. pegasusathena1

friend:Harry Potter,Ron Weasley,Hemione Granger,Percy Jackson,Annabeth Chess and Grover Underwood
    enemy:Paragor from the Door within Trilogy
    date:Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter
    switch place:Antoinette from the Door Within Trilogy

40. Stargirl

Tiffany Aching
    Voldemort (duh)
    None (I’m more the Artemis type)
    Aly from Creative Girls Club (Thalia would be cool too)
    PS: Yes I changed my pen name AGAIN