April 17, 2012

Book Title Mashup

Posted by at 8:52 am in Reads, Trivia | Permalink

Trivia_quiz2I have so many favorite books, sometimes it's hard to choose which one to read! I wish I could throw my favorite stories into a blender, and mix them into one amazing, new tale. Well, for this week's trivia quiz, I did just that.

Here's how we play. Below are the names of 10 books. However, these aren't titles you are used to seeing. Instead, I combined two book titles together, and it's your job to determine the two book titles!

Here's an example from a previous Title Combinations Quiz: To Kill a Mockingjay
Did you figure it out? It's a combination of To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (both for ages 12 and up)!

Now here are 10 more title combinations for you to decode. Get cracking!

1. Diary of Mean Janine
  2. Rules for Olympians
  3. The Deathly Holes
  4. The Invention of the Viper's Nest
  5. Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Dumb Diary
  6. The Hunger Zombie School
  7. Charlotte's Penguins
  8. How I Survived The Dead of Night
  9. The Lion, The Witch and the Winn-Dixie
  10. The Phantom Inkheart

Post your answers in the Comments below, and click here for the answers!

image from kids.scholastic.comBrian, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. BlackBird268)

1. challengerheatwave2

1. diary of a wimpy kid and mean Janene 2. Allie finkle’s rules for girls and Percy
    jackson and the Olimpians
    3. The deathly Hallows and Holes
    4.The invention of Hugo cabret and The Vipers nest
    5.Captain Underpants and the attack of the Talking Toilets and Dear Dumb Diary
    6.The Hunger games and Zombie school
    7.Charolettes Web and Mr. Poppers Penguins
    8.How I survived Middle School and Cahills VRS Vespers The Dead of Night
    9. The lion the witch and the Wardrobe and Becuse of Winn Dixie
    10. The Phantom Tollbooth And inkheart
    Wow! I knew all of them and I’m only in Fourth Grade!!

2. jadedragon49

1.Diary of a Wimpy Kid/BSC: Claudia and Mean Janine
    2.Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls/Percy Jackson and the Olympians
    3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows/Holes (LOVED both of these books!)
    4.The Invention of Hugo Cabret/The 39 Clues: The Viper’s Nest (liked these too…Hugo more so than Viper, but I liked them!)
    5.Captain Underpants and the Attack of the ? (Sorry, never read these)/Dear Dumb Diary
    6.The Hunger Games/Zombie School
    7.Charlotte’s Web/Mr. Poppper’s Penguins
    8.How I Survived Middle SChool/Cahills vs. Vespers: The Dead of Night
    9.The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe/Because of Winn-Dixie (ohh…brings back memories of elementary school. :)
    10.The Phantom Tollbooth/Inkheart

Charlotte’s Web and Mr. Poppers Penguins
    How I Survived The Dead of Night=
    How I Survived Middle School and The Dead of Night
    The Lion, The Witch and the Winn-Dixie=
    The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and Because of Win-Dixie
    The Phantom Inkheart=
    The Phantom Tollbooth and Inkheart (Both of which I LOVE!!!)

5. Ella

1.diary of a wimpy kid and claudia and mean janie.
    2.???????
    3.Deathly hollows and holes
    4.hugo and the vipers nest
    5.captin underpants and dumb diary
    6.the hunger games and how I escaped zombie school
    7.charlottes web and mr.poppers penguins
    8.how I survived the sinking of the titanic and dead of the night
    9.the lion,the witch and the wardrobe and?
    10.???????

4) the invention of Hugo carbet, the vipers nest
    5) captain underpants and the attack of…?, dear dumb diarie
    6) the hunger games, zombie school
    7) Charlottes web, penguins
    8) how I survived the titanic, dead of night
    9)the phantom…?, inkheart
    I’m pretty sure ill get some of these answers wrong,but it was worth a shot!!!!!

8. Isla Silvercresent

1. Diary of a wimpy kid and Claudia and Mean Janine
    2. Rules for Girls and Heroes of Olympus
    3. The Deathly Hallows and Holes
    4. The Invention of Hugo Cabret and Viper’s Nest (39 Clues)
    5. Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets and Dear Dumb Diary
    6. The Hunger Games and Why I quit Zombie School
    7. Charlotte’s Web and Mr. Popper’s Penguins
    8. How I Survived Middle School and The Dead of Night (39 Clues)
    9. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and Winn-Dixie

6.THG!!! and idk
    7.Charlotte’s Web and Mr.Popper’s Penguins
    8.How I survived the San Francisco Earhquake and idk
    9.The Lion, the Witch, adn the Wardrobe and Because of Winn-Dixie
    10.The Phantom Tollbooth and Inkheart

11. falliscool

1.diary of a wipmy kid and meen janine(bsc)
    2.? and the last olipian (pj)
    3.deathly hallows(hp) and holes
    4.hugo and the vipers nest (39 clues)
    5.captain under pants (i dont no wich1) and dear dumb diary
    6.the hunger games and moster high?
    7.charlotes web and mr. popers peingiens
    8. how i survied middle school and dead of night (cahills vs. vespers)
    9.the lion, the,wicth, and the wardrobe(narnia) and that winn-dixie book
    10.???????????

12. chickencheeseburger19

I think the idea is creative. The books are a good combination. It’s also a good guessing game.