April 20, 2012

Jake Short A.N.T. Farm Interview

Posted by at 12:58 am in Celebrities | Permalink

Jake ShortJAKE SHORT A.N.T. Farm

14-year-old Jake Short plays Fletcher on A.N.T. Farm, and he was voted Favorite TV Actor this year at the Kids’ Choice Awards. (Random tangent: Did you see One Direction perform at the KCAs? Wowee!) Martin ShortAnyway, when I first saw Jake Short in this video, I thought for sure he must be related to Martin Short who was a famous comedian in the 80s. They totally look alike, don’t they? (Sorry, that was another random tangent. Apparently they are not related.) Well, we have an interview with Jake, and I promise not to interrupt with any more randomness.

Q: Tell us about Fletcher.

Jake: Fletcher’s very artistic, and he really loves Chyna, and he’s a total dork, but I really love my character. He got pied in the face last year. It was really fun to do. Actually it was shaving cream and graham cracker crust. It didn’t taste too good, but it stayed on, and my face felt really, really fresh afterwards. [Laughter]

Jake Short and Sierra McCormick in A.N.T. Farm

Photo courtesy Disney Channel

Q: Are you anything like Fletcher in real life?
Jake: I would say I am. He’s much more talented at art than I am, but arts can be classified as different things. Like the art of acting is sort of my thing. Fletcher’s very good at art, but I’m very good at acting. I connect with the character Fletcher, but I could never be like Fletcher because we have too many differences. But it’s fun to play him and he’s a funny, funny, quirky character who is just so lively and energetic.

Q: Do you think you’d ever be friends with him in real life?
Jake: Um, if we were the same age I would say maybe, but I think he’s a little bit quirky and a little bit dorky too. But he’s a good guy, so yeah, probably.

Q: What sports are you into?
Jake: All kinds. I love basketball, baseball, soccer, football. I even play a little hockey. It’s all like recreationally and just for fun, but I play all sports, volleyball, everything. My favorite sport is soccer and I really like Bayern Munich. It’s a German team. That’s who I play as on FIFA. I’ve been wanting to go to a Galaxy game, and one of my friends said he would totally take us, so it’ll be fun.

Q: What book has interested you the most in the last year?
Jake: The Hunger Games (for ages 12 and up). I love The Hunger Games. I hope they do as good a job on the movie as they did on the book. I hope they relate to it at least a little bit.

Q: Is there a literary character that you would like to play?
Jake: I’ve always kind of wanted to play a villain. I know it sounds weird, but I’ve never played a bad guy. I’m reading The Odyssey right now, and I might want to be Odysseus. He’s pretty cool. Or Hercules. I’m a Christian, but I really like Greek mythology.

Q: Tell us about your dog.
Jake: Skipper! We rescued him four years ago when he was about six months old, but we’re not sure what kind of dog he is. We know he’s part long-haired Chihuahua and something else. He’s a mutt.

Q: What’s your favorite food?
Jake: I really, really like grilled chicken Caesar salad. But if I can just have salad, salad’s good. I try to be healthy. I try to.

Q: If you could describe a perfect day in your life what would it be? What would you do?
Jake: I would play as much guitar as I can, play as much sports as I could. I’d probably go around a lot and be everywhere. And I would have a car. I would be able to drive and have a license. I could go wherever I wanted in a Jeep Gladiator. It’s a Jeep truck and it’s extremely cool.

Q: How do you help save the environment?
Jake: I try to take shorter showers and save water. I also recycle at the local grocery store. We bring cans and recycle them, and we get five cents back. It’s one of my pet peeves when I see somebody just drop something on the ground and like leave. I’m like, “Really? Why? Why would you do that?” because it just makes a mess. I try to reduce the amount of trash, like less packaging and stuff. If paper has a back side, use it to write or to print stuff on, and it’ll save you money and paper.

UPDATE: Click here to read Part 2 of our interview with Jake Short.

Interview by Marie Morreale

1. Micah

I love Jake Short……I love how he loves God and how he is very healthy and how he is very protective of the environment ( when I see trash on the ground when I look out the window of the car it makes me very sad and I just want to get out of the car and pick it up ) and most of all I just love him as a person he is very very very sweet and can make you laugh soooooooo hard your stomach will hurt

2. Aliyah

OMGSH!!! i’m SO like u i mean we r alot alike! like, i LOVE thg (the hunger games)!!!! & i’m a christian, too, and i like greek metholigy even though i’m a christian too!!!!

3. Makanalaʻi

I luv Greek mythology, sports(favorites r volleyball and soccer), absolutely love The Hunger Games (the movie was AWESOME!!!) and I think U R super cute :)

4. IslandGirl

And I think u are so cute! Really good Greek mythology books are the Percy Jackson series & Heros of Olympus series. They both are very good.

5. IslandGirl

I luv Greek mythology, luv hunger games (read it like 3 times) and Im a big fan of sports too (favorite sports is volleyball and soccer)

6. Artart2139

Fletcher is one of my favorite characters on AntFarm because he is really good at art and so am I but now that I’ve learned about the real Fletcher,Jake Short, it feels so refreshing like, theres a new Fletcher.

7. FAIRYBOOK10

i love Jake Short! he is just so adorable and hilarious! he is my favorite character on A.N.T Farm…besides Chyna.

8. Bailey

Jacob, you r soo cute. I love ur new haircut. Ur such a great actor and play such an important roll in ANT Farm. If u werent in ANT farm it just wouldnt be the same. I love u soo much. Yours Truly, Bailey

9. Brooke

I love the way you help save the environment.:)
    I sort of like Greek Mytholgy. My favorite godess is Athena. She is the godess of civlization and wisdom.

10. rebbecca:)

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG I think he is like sooooooooooooooooooo cute (lol) now i thing he should go out with chinna on ANY FARM.
    IIIIIIIIII <3 <3 <3 UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

11. yamaiya

i love you jake you are so cool i wish that i could meet you you are my celebrity crush you are a great actor i love you and god bless you

12. sharnae

I THINK JAKE SHOULD GO OUT WITH CHINA OR ASK HER OUT IN A NORMAL WAY. I’M ONLY TELLING THE TRUTH.

13. ipodicecream1

Jake- You r AWESOME!!!!!! Ant farm is like my second favorite show behind Shake it Up. No offense China and olive but you, Paisley, and Cameron are my favorite characters because you are sooooo funny and Paisley and Cameron are so entertaining.

14. Goosiegoose5

OMG! That is so cool. I love the Hunger Games so much! Te movie is good to. I like to read the book before I go see the movie. So I will know what’s happening so I not suprised so much. Your doing a really good job on A.N.T Farm, Jake. I like to act to. The last performance I was in was The Secret Garden, at our community Playhouse. I played Mary Lennox. Have you read that book yet?
    I found the play to be really interesting. The play was really funny.
    Keep up the great
    acting
    Sincerely,
    Goosiegoose5

15. blackcash112

i love you Jake short.we have a lot in common in sports and i also like volleyball.plz dont ever leave ant farm because you are the best actor ever

16. Anonymous

u r so awsome that i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove u

17. composingpig5

i have no clue what you all are talking about……????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

18. fletcher

Something I and Fletcher have in common is our first names
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :):):):):):):):):):):):) :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    That means I rock (rox) !!!

19. travelwatermelon2

i loooove the hunger games and i love to recycle and eat salad you are so cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. jacqueline

i love the show.the persin that i like in the show to meit is.
    1.china
    2.ollev
    3.flecher
    4.lixe
    5.paysly
    thak you for the show and flecher i love you how old are you flecher.

21. baglehockey1

It is really nice to know the kind of person Jake is because some people judge an actor without learning about them.

22. orangerunning10

jake is really cool! i watch Ant Farm
    all the time and i really love it sooooo much.
    jake if u r reading this and have an account on The STACKS, send me, orangerunning10, a friend request. see u on ant farm!! :) :) :):):):)

23. alliesa

WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE soccer!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would be an artist if i could.:D YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

24. bluebasketball

if i could meet jake i would ask him if i could guest star on A.N.T. farm!!!!!! :~):~):~)

25. Alexis

I luv everything that you do Jake!!! Even though im 9, I still luv you so much!!! You are my favorite charater on there!!!!

26. AquaUnicorn126

I love ANTs farm, but I can only watch it at my grandma’s, because we don’t have disney.

27. gigglybookish1

OMG he loves the HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TEAM PEETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what team r u????

28. jessica

nice to know all that almost all of yall are obsessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

29. joyouspuffin3

jake you are cute and who does not like the hunger games? your charethare is funny!!!!:) whats your favroite coler? mine is blue do you relly love/like china? i wach ant farm evrey day!i think you are the best person on the show i am your BIGGIST FAN YOU ARE CUTE DO YOU HAVE A brother if so what is his name?

30. Foogrl

Greek myths helps you under stand culture better. some collages require that you learn them for some degrees.

31. ivy

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!1 We have so much in common! i LOVE the hunger games im christian i soooo into greek mythology

32. kv

hi everyone who is reading this i just wanted to say that you are very artistic in your shows and your personality on and off of ant farm is great but remember to just be yourself once your on your break or something because you have to show the world who you really are. just think about it. BYE!!!

33. OceanIvory5

I love Fletcher!Not because hes Jake Short and super cute, he is also kind of dorky which makes him a lot cuter than usual!

34. OceanIvory5

Dear Jake,
    I dont know why im saying this but………I luv u!I would get super embarssed if i told you in person.So I think this is how it works out.

35. abby

fletcher is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. angelvampire39

you are awesome i fell lika i am on a.n.t farm everyday andi fell like China Ann Maclain :p

37. kylie

I LOVE YOU !!!the hunger games wuz so awesome!!Greek Mythology Rocks just like you do!!!I luv athena!!PLEASE stay in ant farm its my FAV show!!

38. Abby

OMG we have so much in common i luv sports and the hunger games I LUV U U R SO CUTE AND I AM 13

39. Jake's Secret Admirer

I looooooooooooooooove the episode when Fletcher (SUPER DUPER CUTE JAKE SHORT) is making a head model of Chyna and says its Penyokio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reallly really REALLY want to meet Fletcher/Jake because he’s Awesome, funny, dorky, and were into the same things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. blacktide7

I think ANT Farm is one of the worst shows ever, all it is is an uncreative and redundant mix of Hannah Montana and That’s So Raven. They’re even so cheap as to use the old HM sets and TSR footage. Also that way they portray cops is offending.

41. Leilani

HI MY NAME IS Leilani!!!! MY FAV COLOR IS NEON GREEN, UUUUUMMMMMM… SORRY I GET NERVOUSE WHEN I AM WRITING TO A CELEBRETTY!!! I CANT EVEN SPELL CELLBRITY RIGHT BECAUSE I AM TALKING TO THE BOY THAT I HAVE A CRUSH ON!!!!!!!! my other fav color is silver,gold, and baby blue. i love to do art. but i am 14 like u too! : ~ D

42. hermione(code)

What is your favorite book? Hermione: Well,as you can tell by name, I LOVE Harry Potter. But, I’m obsessed with The Hunger Games, too. :)

43. Abby

U r sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!

44. Wisegirl2

Omg! We have ,like, SOOOOO much in common. I love playing soccer,Gala xy is one of my favorite teams,I LOVE the Hunger Games (but then again who doesn’t :D ), and I’m so into Greek mythology!