March 19, 2012

Writing Prompt: Trading Places

Posted by at 4:56 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Switching_places_130

Writing Prompt: Trading Places

This week’s Write On Writing Prompt comes to us from GuardoftheWorlds (nice screen name!) who wants to know:

What is your all time favorite book/movie character, and would you like to trade places with him or her for one day?

OR

Who is one person you would like to either trade places with or eat dinner with?

Great questions! One of my all time favorite characters is Meg from A Wrinkle in Time. I would totally trade places with her for a day. Of course this would mean crossing the 4th Dimension to travel through time and outer space. Woo hoo!

Then a person I’d love to trade places with would be Kate Middleton. Imagine being a real princess for a day (although technically she is now the Duchess of Cambridge). All the traveling, charity work, a chance to make a real difference, and don’t forget royal parties and living in a castle!

Who would you guys pick? Inquiring minds, like GuardoftheWorlds, want to know. Leave your answers in the Comments below.

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. werewolfcat5

My all time favorite book character is Jenny from How I Survived Middle School.I would like to trade places with her for one day.

2. Dakota

Book/movie character: Arrietty from The Secret World of Arrietty (which is coming out on DVD in 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEE!) because it would be cool to be a Borrower.
    Real person: Dinner w/ J. K. Rowling. We’d discuss all the subtleties of the books.
    Peace out and believe in fairies-
    Dakota

3. writergrapes3

My favorite character is Edward Cullen from the Twilight series. I would switch places with him for a day. I would run, jump, climb, etc. all day! I would be really sad when the day would be over because i wouldn’t be a vampire anymore!

4. butterflyangel87

I would trade places with Katniss. Taking care of Peeta, trying to save Rue, and trying not to get killed. But just one day!!!

5. Alex(=

My favorite character in a book is Katniss in The Hunger Games, because of her braveness. But, I would not trade places with her because I’m not brave enogh,

6. PurpleArtemis25

I’d love to switch places with..Hmm…Maybe Annabeth, because I’d love to go to camp half blood for a day plus I’d get to date Percy! :) Or maybe, I’d switch places with …Uh…..Holly, ’cause I’d get to be a fairy :)

7. bluebanana100

Probably Hermione from Harry potter. I would LOVE to learn how to use magic and ride a broom and other super cool stuff.

8. dizzyferret

My all time favorite book character is Ruby Lavender from, Love, Ruby Lavender by Deborah Wiles. I would so love to trade places with her cause I’ve never met my grandmother and her’s is soooooooo awesome! i mean she gives out lemon drops and braids you honeysuckle crowns that smell pretty awesome themselves.Hmmmmm. I wish school was out.:-D

9. ICH BIN DEUTSCH

Great idea about Mary although wouldn’t Ma or Pa have more authority? Anyways, I would switch places with Piper in Heroes of Olympus because she’s good friends with Annabeth and Annabeth IS THE BEST! you should do a writing prompt on who is the best main character of all time and why…

10. 1lunalovegood1

Hi! I had a Q for people!
    If u could be any creature real/fake, what would you be?Why?
    OR
    What cartoon character would you like to be? Why?

11. anubisangel38

I would want to be Cassie from the animorphs because she can morph and she likes to take care of animals.

12. shyla

id trade places with cam from a book i love called don’t Jude a girl by her cover. she gets to do a lot of cool stuff.

13. pegausathena1

I would trade places with Percy Jackson for a day so I could learn to sword fight and learn the greek myths from mythalogical creatures.
    I would probably want to eat dinnner with Bethany Hamilton because she is my rule model.

14. Fairyemerald31

Hmm. I’d probably trade places with… Mary in The Little House in the Big Woods for a day because she gets to boss Laura around. I’d love to trade places with with Kate, like you, Ratha. I would love to live in a castle and help make the world a better place. Also, can anyone tell me how to write a post on the Message Boards? My Stacks username is Fairyemerald31. Thanks! Great article, Ratha. : )

15. Zahria-Mary Lou Retton fan

I would love to be Mary Lou Retton for a day because she was a great gymnastics champion.