February 20, 2012

Writing Prompt: Hunger Games Movie Casting

Hungergames_130

Writing Prompt: Hunger Games Movie Casting

Attention Hunger Games fans! You’re gonna like this week’s Writing Prompt. It comes to us from ChattyAqua25 who wonders about The Hunger Games (rated PG-13) movie casting, which is of course, the movie based on the blockbuster first book of the Scholastic trilogy The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (for ages 12 and up).

ChattyAqua25 asks:What are your thoughts about The Hunger Games movie??? Will Jennifer Lawrence play a good role as Katniss??? Will Josh Hutcherson play a good role as Peeta???

If you want to get a quick refresh of the movie preview, check out the official Hunger Games trailer. And drop a Comment below to let ChattyAqua25 know your thoughts on The Hunger Games movie and casting. May the odds be ever in your favor.

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. pinkbasilisk6

Hunger Games is totally awesome! I’m number one fan!! The movie was great and all the actors did perfectly!

2. PianoGirl6

Hey people! Actually saw the movie a couple weeks ago… if I had to rank this on a scale from 1 to 10, it would one HUNDRED!!! Can’t wait for Catching Fire next year!!!

3. pamela68

The movie really made the book come to life for me. It was so awesome to be surrounded by an audience that chose to watch a movie with a powerful message.

4. Kristen

Just saw the movie, and while I think it was good, I really think the castings of Peeta and Gale missed the mark. Peeta more so than Gale. Josh Hutcherson has no chemistry. He does not make me want to root for him. They are not believable as a couple, and the whole point of their star-crossed lovers tale is that they are meant for each other. Nothing made me feel that. In fact, the whole film did not make me feel any of the excitement I felt while reading the books. Good, but could have been way better.

5. coffeedolphin5

I cannot wait until the movie! I haven’t really seen her acting work… But Josh would make a great Peeta but I was thinking more of the guy Spencer on Good Luck Charlie…

6. christin

you are totaly right about josh huterson,bailey.i hypoventlate ever time i say or others say his name i am not kidding

7. Gabby

i read the books and thought they were full of awsomeness so the movie will probably be the same. i’m looking forward to rue and katniss!!!!

8. greendolphin203

I cant wait to see the movie with my bff we love the books now the moive and we think the charicters and peta is AWESOME

9. pinkipod149

I do think that the movie will be very good, just because how good the books are. As for the roles i like the katniss girl, but the guy who plays peeta does and doesn’t fit the part. i would have thought of him to be taller and a tad cuter!

10. tahsin

i haven’t started the hunger gemes yet. but i hope it is an awwwwwwwsome book can’t wait for the movie.

11. Hungerfan

The casting is dreadful. Katniss should have been portrayed by an olive skinned teenaged brunette, instead we got a blond blue eyed woman. The actors chosen for Peeta and Gale should be reversed, and Woody Harelson is not the right choice either.

12. Carly

I think Jen will be great but at first when someone told me she was going to be Katniss I was like WHAT because I pictured Katniss as skinny as a rail and not nearly as fancy as jennifer usually is. but then when I saw the trailer for the movie I reaized that she looked just like my mental image of Katniss! And I think Josh looks just like Peeta.

13. B Gingersnaps

I should have gotten the role of Peeta. This is the worst day ever. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

14. gteam3

i totally agree with minty beef…. u are exactly correct girl….or guy??? i cant wait to see the hunger games when it comes out MARCH 23 SO SEE IT!!!!!

15. 99halle

I only hope the movie is good. I just finished the book this morning and it is amazing! I found it kind of sad that she kind of lost control of her life.
    I just don’t want it to be bad like how Breaking Dawn Part 1 was and get bad reviews.
    I hope they stick to the book and not over fill it, along with the normal make a second and third movie of it.
    It’s so good, they don’t need to add anything or take it away, leave it perfect.
    I’m just sad Ididn’t find the books before!
    But I wish they’d find a way to make her less confusion. I didn’t understand how she can be fearless then fearful a second later. :(
    that’s my reply!

16. P

OMG Yes!!!! TOTALLY AWESOME CASTING! Especially because Josh Hutcherson is in it! I don’t know about Liam Hemsworth… yeah.