February 20, 2012

Writing Prompt: Hunger Games Movie Casting

Hungergames_130

Writing Prompt: Hunger Games Movie Casting

Attention Hunger Games fans! You’re gonna like this week’s Writing Prompt. It comes to us from ChattyAqua25 who wonders about The Hunger Games (rated PG-13) movie casting, which is of course, the movie based on the blockbuster first book of the Scholastic trilogy The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (for ages 12 and up).

ChattyAqua25 asks:What are your thoughts about The Hunger Games movie??? Will Jennifer Lawrence play a good role as Katniss??? Will Josh Hutcherson play a good role as Peeta???

If you want to get a quick refresh of the movie preview, check out the official Hunger Games trailer. And drop a Comment below to let ChattyAqua25 know your thoughts on The Hunger Games movie and casting. May the odds be ever in your favor.

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. ashton

I honestly thought that the hunger games were great. I had to read the first one in 9th lit. but after that i was hooked. i still havent read any of the other ones but i really want to. I think Josh hutcherson would be great at playing Peeta. The reason why is because he is around the age that peeta and katniss were. Jennifer on the other hand is not. how are you going to get a older person to play a younger person. Honestly i think that they should have gotten someone else to play katniss. Someone younger, I just think it is easier for someone who is younger to play an older person than an older person to play someone younger. But that is just my personal opinion.

2. paige

im in the middke of reading this and i hear the movi is really good so far i cant wait till the movie comes out yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Onyxfairy5

eeeek! counting the day!
    ok, so for this movie i really like the casting pics! i was worried they would get haymitch or cina wrong and the worst would be if they got katniss all wrong! but i actually like the people and hope they just get everything right!

4. makenna

me and my mom both read the books and live them after twilight this is problem gonna be the best movie ever i told my mom that we were going to see the movie and theres no if,ands,or,buts about it

5. Dolphins2

Omigoodness!!! I can’t wait for the Hunger Games movie to come out! I am so excited! I think that Josh Hutcherson is perfect for the role as Peeta Mellark and I think that Jennifer Lawrence is an OK pick for Katniss. But I think that Katniss’s character is so. . . precise and odd enough to be very hard to act out, even if you are an amazing superstar! But i do beleive that the movie will be great. In fact, most everybody i know has either
    A) Read the book
    or
    B) Is currently reading the book.
    So yeah, I really can’t wait and I hope the movie turns out to be really, really good, I know the book was! :)

6. leandra

i agree i think that the hunger games movie will be one that is to never be forgoten i mean i most have read that book at least 20 times since it came out and me and me big sis are counting down the days until is comes out in theatres. i think that jen is a great actress and that after she plays this role as kattniss she will be legondary and same goes with josh as peeta and gale. although effie sort of scares me. but i love her acsent and i would never consider wearing those clothing in a life time. i consider myself most like rue because i am fast small and am great in the wild and i love climning trees. I almost forgott happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in your faver

7. MERMAIDAPHRODITE31

I didn’t expect the movie to look like this but it still looks interesting!I just hope the movie is only rated PG because i Know my parents eont let me watch if it was rated R or even PG-13! I really wanna watch the movie because i was so obssesed with that book i kept talking about peeta and Katniss and i read like 50 pages a day! but then i stopped reading so i wouldn’t spoil the surprise for myself when my order from scholastic comes!! it includes the 1st,2nd,and 3rd book with the mocking jay pin! next i’m gonna get the tribute guide! i’m like one of the biggest fans!!!!!!!!!!

8. Rachel

Omg I love Joshua Ryan Hutcherson he is so beautiful. I have a lot of things Peets Mellark. I think he will play an awesome role in thr Hunger Games.

9. harrypotterfan111

I think that the movie will be legit. i think that Jennifer Lawrence will do an amazing job as Katniss but i thought that the role would go to someone else. I think Josh Hutcherson will do well also but I again thought that the role would go to someone else.

10. Hogwarts4ever

I can’t wait! I think the movie is going to be awesome! I think all the acters are going to be great as their roles! I’m totally obsessed with the book and I hope the movie is just as good!

11. aquaathena148

I cannot wait for it to come out. I totally loved the book. I’m actually reading Mockingjay right now. I hope no one , you know, dies in it… Yay!

12. kiarra

nice i like what you said in the story josh hutcherson$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. WolfJourney11

I LOOOOVE Hunger Games!!!!! I’m saving all my money to go see the movie! Does anyone know if it’s gonna be in 3D? Anyways, I can’t wait for the movie, and I think Jennifer Lawrence would make a good Katniss! And I’m sooooooooo glad they made Josh Hutcherson Peeta! He’s my favorite actor! I also have a HUGE crush on him! I think he’s gonna be really good! He’s in Journey 1 and 2 and he’s really good in those! IDK much about Jennifer though. Anyways, I can’t wait!

14. greentiger27

i love the HUNGER GAMES series and cannot wait to see the movie! it stinks because im under 13 and my mom has to make sure it is alright:( I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD

I think the hunger games are really good since I read the preview stuff. I might even try reading them since I thought they were cool and if their going to be a movie that will be even better!!!! :-)

16. bailey

i love the hunger games series. i literally read them twice..(mom was mad)and i dont usually say celebrities i like just the guys in my school, but to b honest i love josh hutcherson!!!!!!!!!! he is so CUTE!!! im so glad hes peeta!! whu agrees?