February 20, 2012

Writing Prompt: Hunger Games Movie Casting

Hungergames_130

Writing Prompt: Hunger Games Movie Casting

Attention Hunger Games fans! You’re gonna like this week’s Writing Prompt. It comes to us from ChattyAqua25 who wonders about The Hunger Games (rated PG-13) movie casting, which is of course, the movie based on the blockbuster first book of the Scholastic trilogy The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (for ages 12 and up).

ChattyAqua25 asks:What are your thoughts about The Hunger Games movie??? Will Jennifer Lawrence play a good role as Katniss??? Will Josh Hutcherson play a good role as Peeta???

If you want to get a quick refresh of the movie preview, check out the official Hunger Games trailer. And drop a Comment below to let ChattyAqua25 know your thoughts on The Hunger Games movie and casting. May the odds be ever in your favor.

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. bailey

i love the hunger games series and i cant wait till i see the movie… and i used 2 think this a secret but i totally love josh hutcherson. he is so CUTE!!!!i hope im not the only one whu thinks so!!!!!!!!!!i<3 josh hutcherson!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Annie<3

I think Jen will b a great katniss but she doesn’t really go with who I pictured the role to go to but I’m sure she will be amazing. Same goes for Josh as Peeta.

3. Calleigh

my teacher said I am too young to read it (it was only in the high school library):(
    but I still read it but its confusing because in the movie Katniss is british kinda but peeta isnt

4. Laurworld2

I think that Jennifer Lawrance is a great actress and she is perfect for the role of Katniss Everdeen. She has so much compassion and is alot like Katniss. Sam Hutcherson is a great actor for the role. He can be shy like Peeta Melark and then really give it his all with a little thing he likes to call the element of surprise. I think that this will be a great movie.

5. jibbit21

the movie will be AMAZING!!! just like the first comment said, the books were totally amazing. i hope to see the movie on the day it comes out!! :D :P

6. Potato Power

Well I think that is the BOOK is good and there is a good directer then the movie will be good, like in Harry Potter for instance, book good, movie AWESOME!

7. anneliese

i also want to wacth the movie really bad i even waited an hour online waiting for a contest add to see the premire to come on again but it didnt :(

8. pinkcobra23

i love the HG book series and think they are the best books ever written, therefore the movie is going to ROCK! AND J. Law. is going to beperfect as will josh hutcherson

9. Meghann

I think they will be phenominal! I cannot imagine a better cast. Im actually surprised they made it Pg-13 due to the violence against children. I heard about all the other actresses wanting to be katniss, but when I saw Jennifer, I knew right away she was the perfect Katniss. Same with Josh Hutcherson. Im totally Team Peeta. I love josh hutcherson.

10. maura

I think the casting is pretty good. The only thing is President Snow. He’s not how I imagined him at all. The movie is going to be awesome!

11. stuffedpickles

The Humger Games is going to be awesometacular!!!! The only casting role that I don’t like is Haymitch- I always pictured hm sooo differant tham the guy who is playing him!

12. EpicInk2

The books were absolutely wicked so the movies should be even better because we don’t have to imagine everything it is there for us!

13. emily

I think that the movie will be good. Jennifer Lawrence is EXACTLY how I imagined Katniss. However, the violent-ish part kind of bums me out. I’m not one for violent movies, only violent books. So… I actually don’t know if I reeeaally want to see Rue die and all. Maybe I’ll wait a year to watch the movie or something.

14. Junoelf1

I was so darn excited when i heard that they were making a movie for it!!! i remember the day i saw the trailer for the first time. I stayed up in bed for 2 hours just thinking about what i had seen in the trailer! I hadn’t heard of Jennifer Lawrence until last year when i watched the Oscars. I believe she won an Oscar for best leading actress in Winter Bone, and i was really excited to hear she was playing the part. I was a little shocked when i heard that Josh would be playing Peeta. i hadn’t seen him in many recent films and had only seen him in films when he was a younger kid, Like bridge to Teribithia. I was very excited to say in the least. I’m excited for the great movie it will be!!

15. tempestcat3

I can’t wait for the Hunger Games movie, though I wish that they’d rated it PG. I think Jennifer Lawrence will do a decent job as Katniss, though she’s not as I imagined her. However, Josh Hutcherson really fits Peeta’s part well. I hope they’ll do movies on the second and third books too!

16. PianoGirl6

I have to admit that I was first doubting the Hunger Games movie because usually a book’s best parts are cut out whenever it’s transformed into a movie. HOWEVER, these actors are excellent, so I expect the best out of this motion picture. My hope is that they didn’t omit many of the book’s great parts.

17. mintybeef

I think the Hunger Games movie will be AWESOME!!! The books were absolutely legendary, so I expect the movie to be no different. Jennifer Lawrence has had a very successful career, and in my opinion, she would be perfect for Katniss! She even died her hair brown for the part!She’s won at least 5 awards for TV shows and movies, too. Josh Hutcherson is also a very good actor. Did you hear he was recently in Journey 2? He is perfect for the role because of his relevance to Peeta in the books. Tall, blonde hair and strong. ( Except he died his hair blonde for the role!) He’s been in over 20 films, so he has lots of camera experience, just like Jennifer. I think with these actors, the Hunger Games movie will be a success! Go Hunger Games!!!