Writing Prompt: Haiku
This week's Write On Writing Prompt is brought to us by Yuna, who had SO many great ideas, we couldn't choose just one. So take your pick from Yuna's "write-eous" ideas:
- Write a haiku about what you think will happen today.
- Who's your favorite author and why?
- What's your favorite book and why?
- Write an essay about how you would describe yourself.
- Write about a dream or nightmare you had.
I'm going for the haiku (a Japanese-inspired, short 3-line poem with a 5-7-5 syllable pattern) Mine is not the perfect amount of syllables, but you get the idea.
Early, I awaken,
Eat my Cheerios quickly,
Wish for gummy bears instead.
What about you guys? Haiku? Favorite book or author? Dream or nightmare you had? Inquiring minds want to know which writing prompt prompts YOU!
— Ratha, STACKS Writer