February 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Ron Weasley!

Posted by at 8:49 am in Harry Potter, Trivia | Permalink

Deathly_hallows

Happy Birthday, Ronald Weasley! On March 1, the best friend of Harry Potter and boyfriend of Hermione Granger turns another year older. So we are celebrating with a very special Trivia Quiz. To commemorate my favorite redhead from the Harry Potter series (and there are a lot to choose from), this week’s trivia quiz is all about Ron Weasley. Below are some of my favorite Ron Weasley quotes. It’s your job to figure out which book each is from! Feel free to take out your copy of A History of Hogwarts or your wand for help. Start solving!

1. “Because I want to fix that in my memory for ever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret. . .”
    A) The Sorcerer’s Stone
    B) The Prisoner of Azkaban
    C) The Goblet of Fire
  2. “Accio Brain!”
    A) The Order of the Phoenix
    B) The Deathly Hallows
    C) The Half-Blood Prince
  3. “Yeah, I’ve seen those things they think are gnomes, like fat little Santa Clauses with fishing rods . . .”
    A) The Goblet of Fire
    B) The Chamber of Secrets
    C) The Order of the Phoenix
  4. “I can make that old bloke down there pick his nose again . . .and again . . . and again . . .”
    A) The Goblet of Fire
    B) The Sorcerer’s Stone
    C) The Deathly Hallows
  5. “Sure, we’ll call you if we ever need someone mental!”
    A) The Prisoner of Azkaban
    B) The Half-Blood Prince
    C) The Chamber of Secrets
  6. “I forgot we’ll be hunting down Voldemort in a mobile library.”
    A) The Order of the Phoenix
    B)The Deathly Hallows
    C) The Half-Blood Prince
  7. “From now on, I don’t care if my tea leaves spell ‘Die, Ron, Die,’ I’m chucking them in the bin where they belong.”
    A) The Sorcerer’s Stone
    B) The Chamber of Secrets
    C) The Order of the Phoenix

Bonus Question: J.K. Rowling said she created Ron’s character during what part of her writing process
A) The very first day of writing
B) The first month of writing
C) He was a last minute addition to the story

Post your answers in the Comments below, and click here for the answers!

image from kids.scholastic.comBrian, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. BlackBird268)

1. Happybook16

1. Goblet of Fire.
    2. Order of the Phoenix.
    3. Chamber of Secrets.
    4. Goblet of the Fire.
    5. Prisoner of Azkaban.
    6. Deathly Hallows.
    7. Order of the Phoenix.
    Bonus Question: A

2. dolphin6

this was a very good quiz i would recommend this to people and the website too!!! i have read all the harry potter series so it is kinda fun to quiz my brain to see what i got off of it. conclusion: i liked it(the quiz and the books)

3. Ley56

Answers are LIKE THIS
    1.”Because I want to fix that in my memory for ever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret. . .”
    A) The Sorcerer’s Stone
    B) The Prisoner of Azkaban
    C) THE GOBLET OF FIRE
    2.”Accio Brain!”
    A)THE ORDER OF PHEINEX
    B) The Deathly Hallows
    C) The Half-Blood Prince
    3.”Yeah, I’ve seen those things they think are gnomes, like fat little Santa Clauses with fishing rods . . .”
    A) The Goblet of Fire
    B) THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
    C) The Order of the Phoenix
    4.”I can make that old bloke down there pick his nose again . . .and again . . . and again . . .”
    A) THE GOBLET OF FIRE
    B) The Sorcerer’s Stone
    C) The Deathly Hallows
    5.”Sure, we’ll call you if we ever need someone mental!”
    A) The Prisoner of Azkaban
    B) THIS ONE
    C) The Chamber of Secrets
    6.”I forgot we’ll be hunting down Voldemort in a mobile library.”
    A) The Order of the Phoenix
    B)THE DEATHLY HOLLOWS
    C) The Half-Blood Prince
    7.”From now on, I don’t care if my tea leaves spell ‘Die, Ron, Die,’ I’m chucking them in the bin where they belong.”
    A) The Sorcerer’s Stone
    B) The Chamber of Secrets
    C) THE ORDER OF PHENOX
    A) The very first day of writing
    B) The first month of writing
    C) HE WAS LAST MINUTE ADDITION TO STORY!
    Plus. Why was a randomly thinking of muffins?

4. Brianna

Ron…..you are getting so old man….stay one age for just long enough for people to catch up!!!!!
    You rule <3Ron Weasley<3

5. emily

I love Ron, he’s so funny. The first time I read some of his quotes, I was rolling on the floor laughing!
    Some people, though, don’t like him. :( They don’t get it… He and Hermione were MEANT for each other!!!

6. julia

I haven’t read any harry potter books and I only whatched 1 of the movies so I can’t answer any of these.

7. WIZARDMERLIN37

Ron is my favorite character in the whole series. No lie!Today at school I was going around telling everyone even if they din not want to know. sadly, today is Justin Biebers b-day as well. Oh well. . . . Still HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!