February 15, 2012

One Direction Interview

Posted by at 2:24 pm in Celebrities, Music, One Direction | Permalink

ID

Introducing British Boy Band ONE DIRECTION!!!

Even though they are huge in England, a lot of people in the U.S. don’t know about this British band yet. But you should because they are awesome! They are currently touring with Big Time Rush; their debut album will be released here on March 13, their single “What Makes You Beautiful” made it to the iTunes top 10; and they will be appearing on an episode of iCarly sometime during the fifth season.

And they are not bad to look at, either. Here they are in order from left to right: Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and Liam Payne.

Onedirection

Our Scholastic interviewer Marie Morreale chatted with the guys over the phone about their experience as mega-superstars in England. Find out about their embarrassing pranks on each other, which one of them farts the most, and what they love about Americans. Whether you have never heard of them, or you already have One Direction infection, read on because this interview is hilarious!

Marie: Harry, I read that Elvis is your musical inspiration. How did you get into Elvis?
Harry: I think my dad used to just listen to it a lot when I was quite young. He always had it on in the car and stuff. And now Zayn has stolen his hair. [Laughter]

Marie: What’s the funniest prank that you guys have played on each other?
Louis: I don’t know about the funniest, but probably the most recent was when Niall was queuing for a Burger King or a McDonald’s, and I just thought it would be funny to quickly pull his trousers down, and everyone saw. He still had pants on [i.e. underwear]. It was just his trousers. [Laughter]
Niall: You like that one, Marie?
Marie: I love that one.  [Laughter] It sounds like you guys do too. [Lots of laughter]

Marie: Louis, is it true that one of your favorite things is carrots?
Louis: Ok, so when we first started out, we did a video diary and they asked what I like in a girl, and all the other boys gave really standard answers like, you know: “a girl with nice eyes”, “a girl with nice color hair”, and I just thought it would be quirky and a little bit funny to say something completely random, so I went with, “I like girls who eat carrots.” Since then, people have thrown carrots at us on stage, which, by the way, are quite hard. People have just offered them as gifts, which is good. But yeah, that’s the carrot story. Now I wish that I said expensive cars.

Marie: What are your first impressions of America?
Liam: Um, I really like it because it’s really hot over there and the people are actually really nice. So when you go to a restaurant and stuff and you -
Harry: Even people in the street.
Liam: Yeah, people in the street as well, but in the restaurants, they’re always asking like -
Harry: “Hey, how you doing?”
Liam: The common line in Florida after you finish your meal is, “Have a good day,” which is amazing, I think. You don’t really hear that in the U.K.

Marie: Liam, I read in a magazine that you like ducks? What’s that all about?
Liam: I like what?
Marie: Ducks. Water birds.
Zayn: Quack quack.
Liam: One of the pranks that Louis -
Louis: I remember it clearly. The last time we had a meeting with a duck was actually when I borrowed one from a Swedish hotel. A model duck.
Zayn: It was a goose. He was a goose.
Louis: It was a goose. Yeah. I just took it because it was the first time I felt at one with an animal. [Laughter]

Marie: What is the best book you ever read?
Harry: The best book that I ever read was . . .like when I was like, “This is amazing. . . ” I’m gonna go Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. [Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for us in the U.S.]
Zayn: I think we’re all fans of autobiographies.
Liam: Yeah, autobiographies are really good to read. It’s interesting to find out about people’s lives and how they got to where they are. It is. It’s excellent.
Marie: People are going to be reading books about you guys not too long from now.
Liam: Yeah, we’ve actually already got two books out in the U.K. The first one about our X Factor experience, and the second one is more about us. It’s got a chapter on each of us about our lives before this all happened, as kids and stuff.

Marie: I’m going to ask a question to each of you.
Louis: Marie, I love your accent. [Laughter]
Marie: Tell us one thing about one of the other guys.
Harry: Niall farts a lot, and they smell.
Louis: His bottom makes noises. [Laughter]
Niall: Marie, don’t laugh at that one.
Louis: Marie, you sound like great fun. I hope we get to meet you in person.
Marie: Listen, when you guys come here, I’m having you up at Scholastic. We’re gonna have a big party here.
Louis: We’re only interested in you, Marie. [Laughter]
Marie: Alright, so Harry go on.
Harry: Ok, so Niall makes bottom noises and is very carefree. Liam is sensible but quite quirky. Zayn is quiet but very funny, and quite strange. And Louis is loud. He is spare of the moment, very -
Louis: [Laughter] Let me just take over, Marie. Sorry. Harry just said “spare of the moment.” This is one of those moments where I think he’s thought all of his life that the phrase is “spare.” I will now tell him that it is spur. It’s “spur of the moment.”
Harry: Spur of the moment and very . . . I don’t know what the word is.
Liam: Spontaneous.
Harry: Spontaneous!

Marie: Liam, what’s the weirdest question you’ve ever been asked by a fan?
Liam: Yesterday this girl asked to lick my face. That was really random. I felt very uncomfortable.[Laughter] Yeah, she was like, “Can I lick your face?” and I was a bit like, “You cannot lick my face.” [Laughter]

Marie: Niall, where in the world would you most like to go?
Niall: New York City. Ah. [Laughter] Where everybody talks like you. You know that east coast accent. You talk like –
Louis: An angel.
Niall: An angel. [Laughter]
Marie: Aw.
Niall: But my uncle talks like you. My aunt lives in Queens, and her husband talks like you.
Harry: Marie, look how much we’ve got in common.

Mike the Manager guy: Marie, we just need to wrap up.
Niall: We’re having so much fun, Mike.
Louis: Marie, I’m serious. We definitely need to meet up when we come to America.
Harry: Mike, we want to meet Marie. Absolutely.
Mike the Manager guy: We’re definitely going to go there.
Harry: Yes. We love Marie.

Marie, please can I be there when One Direction comes to the Scholastic offices? Please! Please! Please! They are adorable, right? What do you think? Is 1D about to take America by storm? Leave a Comment!

2013 UPDATE: Yes, obviously they took America and the world by storm. Click here to find out the latest on One Direction.

Interview by Marie Morreale

1. Elle

Scholastic, I wish you could host a party in NYC with them over, and give all 1Ders free airplane tickets and passes, so we can meet the guys! SQUEE! The dream of my life!

2. Hayley

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. katelynn

I REALLY LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. dogbasketball342

Also went to there concert!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

1. rubyblue73

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
      I would do any thing to see them live;]

5. rachaelle123

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Pluse Zyan is the cutest) I AM A BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE 1D!!!!!!

6. stoneswimming12

It will be really cool if One Direction were to come here. And I think they are very funny!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

7. s

every one is amazing but one direction went beyond that me favorite is nial i obsess over him most people know his birthday but not like me. his birthday is september 13 1993 8:04 am and thats not all i can tell you any thing and everything about him I LOVE NIALL AND ONE DIRECTION AND PEOPLE WHO EAT CARROTS
    I AM AND ALWAYS WILL BE …A DIRECTIONER

8. sillyparakeet5

OMG. I love One Direction! They are AmaZayn! And extremely funny! I hope I get to meet them someday. <3

9. Flyingivory8

One Direction is a little……. Weird. Or for people who just like boys that write about, somebody else they love. ;)

10. GHOSTFIN3

I LOVE ONE DIRECTION I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE HARRY HE IS SO SWEET AND FUNNY AND Louis said “I Like Girls Who Carrots” that is funny :)

11. beetlecatching83

I LOVE ON DIRECTION THEY ARE SOO CUTE..
    MY FRIEND TELLS ME STORIES OFF OF FAN FICTION ALL THE TIME…
    GREAT MEMORIES
    LOL
    I WISH I COULD MEET THEM

12. harry_styleslover

i lovw harry and niall and i hop i meet them someday too they are my favorite band it was my first band that i love

13. kiki2299

Well, to start off, i think they are AMAZAYN, FENOMINIALL and of course, EXTRAORDINHARRY! They are an inspiration for girls who don’t feel confident about themselves, and they are super cute. ;)

14. whitechocolate25

I LUV ONE DIRECTION!!!!
    THEY ARE SO FUNNY!!!
    sonja, tell then hi from me when you meet them, esspcially Naill. luv them!!!
    Thanx for putting this up sonja, you are the best.

15. Angelica

I would love to meet them, but I know it’s never gonna happen. Oh those horrible moments when you realize you never had a chance with any of them…But then again A GIRL CAN DREAM!!!=)

16. runningtempest4

OMG! My BFF actualy said that she was part of a live chat with Louie and Niall!!! She is a One Direction freak!Ps she dosent like Niall. She LLLOOOVVVEEESSS him!!!!!!!!!

17. Willow

I don’t know much about them, but the interview was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their also kinda cute.

18. Zaniah

Please invite me i love One Direction i went to their concert i cried in a porter potty for an hr. and a half

19. Kaitlyn

I LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEE YOOOOOOUUUUUUU HAAARRRRRRYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOOVVVVEEEESSS YOOOUUUU!!!!!!!!

20. whirlwindivory6

I loved the interview. I think u guys are amazing. Forever Young and Moments are my favorite songs i<3 harry, niall, and liam. LOVE U GUYS. U R THE BEST BAND EVER. ONE DIRECTION ROCKS.

21. Brenna

they r also Irish well, Niall is anyway. It’s just people need 2 know they aren’t just British. I LOVE U GUYS 1D!!!!! ( if u r reading this it needs 2 b said in a British or Irish if u r not British or Irish

22. bLuE

I LOVE there MUSIC SO much like LOL!Its amazing what young singers can acomplish in their precios little lives!IDK what coler HARRY :) likes best is it BLUE or RED.LOL! i LOVE HARRY…JK to be honest i dont like their music but i think they are nice people not that i love them. Any who they’re OK-ish!

23. LAVENDERBLACK53

I LUV THEM THERE ALL SO VERY CUTE !!!!
    I LUV THE BRITISH ASCENT THE MOST !!
    WELL PEOPLE POST ME A MESSAGE MEE FRIEND MEE DO WHAT EVER I WANNA C YA ON MYY PAGE
    LUV-
    LAVENDERBLACK53!!!!

24. sleeperocean4

I really want to go to there concert!!!
    I LOVE HARRY!!!!
    HARRY HARRY HARRY HARRY HARRY!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE
    HARRY

25. RandomHairball

I love Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Mrs. P

I wish I could be invited to this part-ay…i LOVE one direction so much!!! and apparently they like american accents! yay!!!! :D

27. wrestlingjumping4

i am a total derectioner ONE Derection is so awesome all the boys are super cute i sang What makes u beautiful
    love your number 1 fan

28. Hi my name is Tomi

I love onedirection I have allwase wanted to be a singer but im nervis when i sing infront of people.What should i do

29. writingnecklace2

i feel so odd just because im not a huge fan i like the song what makes you beautiful but it had to grow to me thanks to my sister i like them a little 1D

30. Mariah

I think i’m goning to faint because yall are my favorite band and i love Naill i listen to yalls songs every day of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE YOU NAILL!

31. tealcelebrating7

I cannot believe that 1D is coming to AMERICA!:) when i first heard about them i totally fell in love with Zayne Malik!!! i love 1D soooooo….much<3

32. prismfabuloso3

I would love to meet OD. They are so cute. I love there song What Makes You Beautiful. I would love to meet them so, so, so, so so, so, so bad.

33. blackblue1022

uhhhh i really want to see them in concert i really wish Demi Lavato would open 4 them they r both so amazing!

34. dancetoes7

I love 1D!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i would die if they came to america aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!Ilove 1d!

35. KATELYN

hi harry you are so cute how did you guys get togehther like this you are a great group i wish i could meet you i love you guys alot you british band oh and p.s i saw you on icarly you guys were amazing you looked soooo cute! i love u 1D

36. dogblack560

yes!!! Harry is the cute one to me ,Louis is sooooo funny and he makes me laugh soo yaa they are defiently going to america by storm!! And I just love *That’s what makes you beautiful!!

37. SaraDirectionerForLife

ONE DIRECTION IS THE BEST BAND EVER. THEY ARE SUCH AN INSPERATION TO EVERYONE. THEY TEACH US TO FOLLOW OUR DREAMS AND TO NEVER GIVE UP BECAUSE LOOK HOW FAR THEYVE COME. its my dream one day to meet them, and i hope i can. it would be amazing to meet my idols<33

38. writingnecklace2

they are wonderful they are not my favorite but ya know what those guys are awesome and i would not judge them they work so hark and let me tell you i got that one thing

39. Danielle

OMG. i love one direction so much and it would be amazing if they came here!!! AHHH!!!! xox- A fellow directioner XD

40. k

wow that was cute cant wait to see them in concert!!!!!!! YEAHHH!!!!!!!!<3
    TEAM HARRY AND TEAM LIAM
    P.S MY FRIEND IS IN LOVE WITH ZAYN SHE SAID WOW THAT BOY IS CUTE! AND MY OTHER FRIEND SAYS HI TO EVERYONE ‘hi’

41. alexis

i love you one direction i love your music so much your the best sangs ever and ever in my heart.

42. Mrs.Z

I am a total directioner, and I have loved them for a year, wayyy before they were famous. I went to the concert, and they’re all I think about.
    They are truly
    brilliam
    phenomeniall
    extraordinharry
    amazayn
    and
    fabulouis.
    DIRECTIONERS for the win!

43. saf

I’d like to answer Sonja’s question………They’re already making waves in India so They’ll have to take U.S by storm !!!!

44. saf

I really think they should sell their autobiographies in INDIA !! I’D love to read more about them !!! Plus, I do thiNk that these ppl are none too proud …..they’re down to earth….PLUS I really wish I was in Marie’s place …….WOW!!

45. SingingBold2

SUCH A FUNNY INTERVIEW!lol Definitely seems like a fun group of boys i’d love to meet.Lucky Marie! YEAH FOR ONE DIRECTION!!!!!!<3 They are soo adorable. ESP.NAILL!!!! and…….well…………Zayn is too.

46. citadelbreaking1

hey harry did you know i thought you were the guy on wizard of waverly place jt austin untile i saw you were in a british band called one direction but i love the song thats what make you beautiful girl it rocks.

47. rainbowdreamtime4

This girl i know is totally a one direction fan.So i wonder since i’m not going her on her can one direction pay her class a visit next friday. It will take alot of work but can yall please have a heart.Can’t pay have that kind of money for rich people. so can yall .

48. Bamgel

I have never heard of them until I found this wesite..lol they sound like a nice funny bunch. Ima going check out there music but im pretty picky… lol :) I just want to say that you guys sound kool and fuuny so I hoped you like the USA!

49. dawndrama1

I love 1 Direction a lot! I hope that they continue to write really amazing songs. P.S, I think they’re SUPER cute too!

50. Elizabeth

LOVE 1D I WISH I COULD MEET THEM CAUSE ITS EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU (LOUIS) THAT MAKES ME WANT TO SAVE YOUR HEART TONIGHT AND KEEP IT FOREVER YOUNG I LOVEE YOU LOUIS!!!! (AND THE REST OF YOU GUYS ARE CUTE TOO!!!!)

51. emily

I AM SO JEALOUS OF MARIE RIGHT NOW. And I reeeeaaally want to actually HEAR that conversation out loud… Sounded like fun!

52. saf

These ppl are very friendly and down to earth………..hope they are renowned all over theworld !!!!!
    LOVE YOU 1D

53. amberdragon16

omg this is really cool it reveals the stuff I didn’t know about my fav band.I LUUVV Harry Styles!!Dude,I’m dying of direction infection!

54. >Aggressive*Juno*3<

Ive heard of One Direction… I like their songs, but personally i’m not a fan of them:(. Sometimes when im listening to “What Makes You Beautiful” i get to the middle and forgive me on this but it can get annoying. Yes if you like or Love <3 One Direction im sorry if my opinions discouraged you…

55. orangecheeseburger16

I think these singers just aren’t that good. I mean they have one song and people love them.

56. Bloodhoundblack404

I love love the song you dont know your beautiful. I whant the CD so bad. Louis is my favorite one sorry the rest of you.:)!!!

57. Bloodhoundblack404

I would love for One Deriction to come to the US. I would totaly pay to go to one of there concerts.I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! What your CD so bad to might get it for my B-day.

58. summerice01

I’d like to see more original questions in the interview. By the way, one direction isn’t that new its about a year and a half old.

59. Bloodhoundblack404

Louis is so CUTE<3 and I like his red pants. I would one of there CDs so bad, i have there posters all over my walls!!!!!! :) <3

60. DeterminedSoftball1

One Direction is a boy band MADE in the U.K that does not mean that they are all British. Niall is irish and zayn’s dad’s side of the family is from Pakistan, he is also half irish….

61. Alex

OMG!They are awsome. I listened to their song. Now they are some people you can actually be a a fan of! :D

62. Adrienne

AHHH!!! Lol that was so funny! Love these boys!!! Just recently got One Direction Infection, and I’m already a Directioner! I haven’t been on this website in forever, and I finally decided to come on! So glad I did! I FREAKED. OUT. when I saw there was a 1D interview. YAY love 1D!

63. victoria

hey 1LunaLovegood1 you need to they are the best mand ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

64. victoria

baby you light up my world like nobody the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed… love that song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

65. victoria

i love 1d i am a total directioner i first heard of them from my sister and i love the video diaries you should wacth video diary 4

66. victoria

i heard of them from my sister and i looooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them i could not believe they were actually were on scholastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i have a HUGE crush on louis by the way. you shuold wacth there video diaries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

67. fearlesskitten23

i been knew how they are and im from the US i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 1D im a total directioner I LOVE ZAYN <3 WELL I LOVE LOVE THEM ALL BUT MOSTLY ZAYN AND LOUIS

68. Isisghost3

Yes yes YES!!! They are AMAZING!!! And British. XD So, One Direction, if you’re reading this… *singsongy voice* “That’s what makes you beautiful!!” XD

69. blueyes353

omgg u=ive listened to you guys you are awesom and you guys soung great about to go back and listen to over and over again :) ))))

70. emily

This was so funny! If you don’t know them yet, CHECK THEM OUT. Seriously, their songs are great. And noooo they are not too bad to look at!

71. puffinfrost4

Hi! I love you one direction! I really like how there is a interview of one direction. I was dying to read it! I hope someone replies to this message. I LOVE YOU ONE DIRECTION!!! ♥♥♥