February 29, 2012

I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906!

Posted by at 2:31 am in Reads | Permalink

SneakPeek

I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906!

OK, I didn't actually survive it since I wasn't even born yet when the devastating earthquake demolished the city of San Francisco, California on April 18, 1906. But this book by Lauren Tarshis will make you feel like you are right there as the buildings crumble and catch fire all around on that fateful day.

Read a sneak peek of the book to see what it was really like to survive one of the worst natural disasters in the history of the United States.

I_survived_earthquake

Also, check out the other books in the I Survived series to read what it was like to live through the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Hurricane Katrina, epic New Jersey shark attacks, and the sinking of the Titanic.

Have you read any of the I Survived books? Leave a Comment to tell us what you think.

1. nami10

I read this book and thought it was super good I also read the other I survived books and thought they were amazing!!!!!!!

2. Linette

I WANT TO READ IT SUPER BAD I READ THE HURRICAN KATRINA,AND SHARK ATTACKS I WANT TO READ IT SOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!

3. pegasusathena1

I just bought this book at a local grocery store and read it in like an hour it is really good!The only problem is that it is very short like 80 pages so if you are looking for a long read this is probably not it

4. Isaac

I love huracane Katrena and I am only 7.I am looking forword to this book and the others.This book sounds awsome.I think you should put ANIORPHS on Scholastic.

5. kittencat239

i love all of the i survied books they leave you on the edge of you seat cant wait to read this one!!!!!!!!

6. emeraldpanda64

I read all of them and there amazing! i can’t wait until the other ones come out! Thanks for posting this on STACKS! i will definitly check into geting these books! :)

7. Madeline

I’ve read the hole series they are so GOOOOOOD!!! I put the new one on my kindel fire 5 minutes ago!! can’t wait to read. Oh and today I shared a book report on THE GHOST GRAVE!! every body loved it. :) :) :)

8. aanya

I have never read the i survived series but I really want to. They sound cool. I have heard of the shark attack,the titanic,and lots others. I’d like to read them.

9. sapphiresea4

WOW!! I am sooo excited to read this book. I have read all the the other “I Survived” books and am waiting for the next books to come. I will definitly check into getting this book. Thanks for posting this on STACKS. :)

10. Olivia D

Hi I am a 11 year old.And I am in fifth grade so the book is too easy but… They are the BEST books ever you have to read them!!!!!!

11. DolphinOrange64

I luv all uv the ” I suvived” books I hav all uv themm exept that one . Even my little sis likes them and she`s only 8!!!!!
    And she is a picky reader, so that`s how good they are!!!!

12. basketballhockey6

I can’t wait to get that book. I have ever book but that one. I think this one will be the best one out of the series.

13. penguinemerald15

I really can’t wait for this book to be released. I love books about survival. This seems like an awesome book and everyone should give it a try.

14. bri

I think this a good book beause its talking about an earthquake that a little boy surived and I think that everyone will enjoy reading this book.