February 24, 2012

Cymphonique Knows How To Rock

Posted by at 12:37 am in Book to Big Screen, Celebrities | Permalink

Cymphonique

Fifteen-year-old Cymphonique Miller is the star of the new Nickelodeon show How To Rock. She comes from a family of rappers. Her brother is Lil' Romeo, and her father is Master P., so she has already had experience in the entertainment industry. And it shows in How to Rock

The show is based on the book How to Rock Glasses and Braces by Meg Hastin. Cymphonique plays the most popular and beautiful girl in school whose life is ruined when she gets glasses and braces. Her so-called friends reject her because she isn't perfect anymore, so she joins a band with some new friends who accept her for who she is.

Read our interview to find out more . . .

Q: What do you love about your character in How to Rock?
Cymphonique: What I love about Kacey Simon is that she’s an example for me that people can change. She’s strong and she’s passionate and she loves music, so I get to do music throughout the entire show. But what you’ll see in the first season is that she’s not perfect at all, her struggles. She’s used to being the boss, used to being solo, and during that period of time, she learns teamwork and friendship.

Htr_glasses_03HR

Q: Are you bossy? Do you like to run things?
Cymphonique: Oh no, not at all, but what I love about playing her is the message that she gives off and that she’s also really fun. We get to do crazy things like I swim in a pool of mac and cheese. I'd have never gotten to do that so I can check that off the bucket list. I got to sing in mid-air, I was on a wire. Luckily I didn't have to be up there for too long.

Q: Has your brother Romeo given you any advice?
Cymphonique: Yes, he has given me advice. He’s always just telling me, "Stay true to who you are no matter what. Never get into the business for fame or money because you will never be happy that way. You’ve got to work hard."

Q: How do you juggle work and school?
Cymphonique: Before we even start rehearsal or start filming, I always have to do some school first. I usually do five hours of school each day. We space it out and I'll usually do three hours before we even start rehearsal. I'm in 11th grade. I'm 15.

Q: Plan to go to college?
Cymphonique: Oh yes, definitely. Romeo's my inspiration because he's in the business and he also is still going to college.

Q: You kept your name secret when you auditioned. Is it important to make it on your own and not ride the coattails of your famous family?
Cymphonique: Yes, some people think it might be easier, but I actually think it's harder because you have something to prove. I think it keeps me working hard; it's a good motivation.

Q: Musical influences?
Cymphonique: I love Mariah Carey, Jennifer Holliday, Michael Jackson, Minnie Riperton, I think she's amazing. Tina Turner.

Q: Your first release will be a How to Rock cast record, but are you working on a solo album? Cymphonique: Yeah definitely. After the soundtrack comes out, I'll be working on my own record. I actually co-wrote the How to Rock theme song "Only Be You."

Q: What do you think of show wardrobe? What's your own style?
Cymphonique: Kacey's style differs a little bit from my own personal style because she's a little more girly; she loves to wear skirts. My favorite part, hey always have really great shoes. She wears a lot of Doc Martens, and I love Doc Martens. I love doing my hair all wild. Sometimes I go pin straight, and sometimes I’ll go all natural and curly. I have fun with the curls when I go natural because my hair has a mind of its own.

Q: What do you do for diet and exercise?
Cymphonique: Sometimes it can be challenging to stay away from the candy, so I enjoy nature's candy, fruit. I love fruit. I have to avoid the donuts because they have them on set every day. I'm like. "You’re taunting me." Also instead of ice cream we got them to have frozen yogurt there now. Sometimes you don't have to give it up; just compromise. For fitness, I work out with my family a lot. We like to go running, and we get a little competitive with each other. We love to run the track.

Have you seen How to Rock? What did you think? Are you a fan? How does it compare to the book? Leave a Comment!

Interview by Gerri Miller

1. flyinggreen6

i love How to rock.the show is amezing.i can relate to the show.i love music and the music in the show. if you have not seen it cheek it out. love the show.

2. wisegirl2

I wish u guys would interview Lulu cause ,as much as i love cymphonique, i can relate more to Stevie than i can to Kacey. But good job on interviewing Max! Love him, he’s so cute, talented, and funny!

3. rebbecca:)

She is like soooooooooo pritty. I watch her show all the time cant wate for da net time…………….

4. Kirstyn

I <3 this show! I wish a new episode could come on every night!This show is like the best show ever!!!!! =)<3 =D

5. pinkchihuahua290

I love this show. My favorite character is Kacie Simon. My favorite episode is when they chained the people to the table.

6. jeffery

cymphoniqe is awsome on how to rock she can sing dance and her friends are always doin stuff for her like when she made a music video i like her better when she is is on bet for music videos i just cant believe she met big time rush

7. cheeryamber16

i love the t.v show how to rock.it has inspired me to be a better person and its a cool t.v show. my favorite characters are stevie,kasey,molly,and zander

8. aisha

i love her i wich she was my sis and very pretty and have a great talent keep on going girl keep on and she rock my world now.LOVE ,PEACE !

9. S.J.

I love this show! They inspire me to show people that I AM ME DONT CHANGE ME! Because ALOT of people have tried to change me.

10. areesha

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

11. nathalie

this show is very good becuase casey simon proves that she doesnt have to be perfect she proves that she could be her and be proud of herself

12. MyAajah

Wow i love cymphonique music but i have never tried but 1 or 2 episodes of how to roc and if u dID not kno this romeo is her big bro and p is her dad and 1 one more thing ~~~~~I LUV U CYMPHONIQUE~~~

13. KIMMIE F

rock it out girl how do you do it me and my sisters watch the show all the time and we never stop we love the video when the make they’re own music video she creamed the purfs

14. dragonblack175

I love how to rock it is awesome and funny and cool.I will aways watch it all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Chey071

I agree Kasey Simmons is awesome. I take her as one of my role models because she doesn’t care what people think and I have a hard time understanding that so she is a great role model in my opinion

16. Anonymous

Have you seen How to Rock?
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESWhat did you think?
    NICE SHOW Are you a fan?
    NOT really

17. aphroditedolphin6

Okay, I have never read the book, but now that I know that this show is based on it, it’s definitely on my to-do list!!

18. how to rock 1205

I love your show it has a ture meaning for the girl that are not there self because everybody is beulieful in there own way.

19. marty

i luv kasey simon shes the best she inspiriers me so much since i have glasses and i am getting braces i hope my friends will exept me for who i am just like kaseys new friends

20. Diana

I love this show so much it is my second favorite show. My first favorite is House of anubis it has me on the edge of my seat! :)

21. blackblue525

I LOVE HER ON HOW TO ROCK.ITHINK SHE IS THE FUNNIEST PERSON ON THE SHOW HOW TO ROCK.I EVEN LIKE HER BOTHER IN THE MOVIE UNCLE P!!!!

22. But I thought you were going to eat that...

This show is cool. but, in reality no one acts like this. Also, Cassie is annoying and bossy, so she isn’t my favorite character.

23. a

i love to watch you show how to rock even though that didnt sown right but please anouse me on your show that still didnt sown right.

24. Judiette

‘OMG! cnt belive this is real if ue r watchn this i wuld luhv 2 say hi to Cymphonique for being such a gud entertainer for dah lil kids. jst wanna say ur a gud role model, because ur got all the energy nd fun stuff inside of ue. keep up dah gud job’.

25. BULLDOGBLACK274

I just love the show i also love her cothes so much. She has the the cothes the hair she fab :-) !!!!!!!

26. pinktiger66

U INSPIRE ME TO KEEP TRYING HARD THEN I WILL SUCEED IN SINGING I AM NOW A PERFECIONAL SINGER BECAUSE OF YOUR AMAZING ADVICE THANK YOU!!!!! : )

27. FashionFashion172

by the way my friend helps me write songes i am in mr.k’s class and evryone in spires me and i inspire them probaly chow ohhhh and to bad that some people dont know who i am i probaly shouldnt say information about my self bye chow have fun read my notes

28. FashionFashion172

hey i think u guys are so alsome i with i could be famouse i right songs but i dont know if there good one is called make it rock if u read it i hope youll like it im sick of being afraid i want to show the world who i really am and what i like to do by the way i like righting songs and singing them in front of people like at the mall you should really listin to my song make it rock and u inspire me with ur songs chow bye.

29. bludolphin1320

I luv how to rock, i mean i play guitar and i know how hard it is and everything but i play acoustic. I LUV HOW TO ROCK!!!!!

30. azariea

hey girl you are so cool.I LOVE YOU. but in your first episode you learned how to rock you should of said something to your old friends when they asked you are your eyes ok.

31. Sarah

I love how to rock! I’m glad you guyz interviewed her so we can know her story better. I love HOW TO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. dogpurple574

how to rock is the best show i ever watched it is my new favorite show it is as entertaining as reading one of allies books she has the greatest voice i cant believe it you should watch this show if you dont piece out girl scout

33. Aquaband132

I luv how 2 rock. Its a great show! Kacey is a great singer nd a great actress! The rest of the cast is awesome 2!

34. Zania

Hey on How to Rock she’s intelligent aand smart.I went online and listened to all of here songs like:Butterflies, Something,Tell the DJ, and All that. They’re all great songs but I ABSOULUTELY LOVE SOMETHING by Cymphonique that song can make you fall in love thats why I absoulutely LOVE that song!!!LOL
    Your friend,
    Zania

35. blessing

i really love all the facts she put down.it shows all the things she went threw life. it also made a touching story. I LUV HOW TO ROCK. you rock how to rock there are so many things i could put down but i don’t fill like putting it down i don’t even know y i believe that when everybody should read about what you wrote.Wonderful Mastepiece

36. christie

I loooooooooooooooooove your show it is so awsome I like it when you break a staue and you
    and you turn to a staue it was
    awsome!

37. mia

i love how to rock because the girl who plays bass is funny and cool but i love the part when the guys are hamsters

38. taco

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii said hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. Madison

How To Rock is the coolest show ever!!!!! I loved when Big Time Rush performed On the show so cool:):) Maybe another
    specail guest?

40. dramablue16

do you think you are more popular than the other girls… well i do because you outstand and you are awesome and smart and you dont act stupid so ttyl do you know what that means just in case you dont know it means talk to you later write me back on my stacks page please lololol xoxoxoxo

41. kitty

love kacey love this blog love myself love the whole cast and crew O and did i Say I LLLLLOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE
    KKKKKCCCCCAAAAAEEEEEYYYYY

42. pinkclub101

how to rock is the most coolest TV show ever in the history of ALL of the TV shows i have watched in my life.she must be having fun,happy,and exciting life,because she is the sister and daughter of two famous rappers.her voice is so amazing,i wish i had a singing voice like hers.being a famous star can be fun,but it takes alot of hardwork and dedication to put into your music,acting,etc.

43. green dragon

oooooops i did see it at our old house so oooooooops i luv that show i got it mixed up with a different show

44. green dragon

i have not seen how to rock because we just moved into a new house a week or two ago but we have no cable but im at my mommy elizebeths house but i like to watch it i guess if you count the computer as a tv but my mommy elizebeth has a tv but gramps or grammy is watching it or messing with it what am i talking about im here to talk about how to rock soooooooooo lets see i luv the shows [i already said that] i do

45. DolphinOrange64

i luv how to rock it shows that u can do anything ig u just belivein your self then u can do it!!!!!!!

46. Dawn

IF THIS IS NOT TWILIGHT RELATED I’M GOING TO DIE. BY THE WAY, I’M NOT A FAN OF THIS GIRL. I LIKE BELLA THAT’S WHO. THE SHOW ALSO SOUNDS BAD.

47. gymnasticshurricane3

I LOVE HOW TO ROCK! My favorite one is the one where they make the music video, they totally found out HOW TO ROCK! In a way…

48. julia

I’m gonna read that book because i think that that show is a good show.It’s nice how it shows that even though she got rejected by her friends she just found new ones.It tells us that we could do the same and I like that there aren’t many shows that set a good example like that.

49. blackblack2660

That movie how t orock is rocking like of the chain if you watched it plz coment on what i just said plz i will apreaseate it

50. m

I LUV How To Rock!!it inspires me to yeah never give up:D and every single time the show comes on I watch it and if i miss the show I record it!!:)-peace out homies!

51. turquoisefashion28

I think that Cymphonnique is such a good singer, and I love her character Cassie in How to Rock and I love the cast,

52. dolphinblue772

cassie and the crew are so aws my favorite person is cassie peace out girl scout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

53. nugget811

dear schoolastic please put a serch friends bar so if you know their name you can find them easily and be friends with them it will be really helpful from nugget811