January 30, 2012

Writing Prompt: Life-Changing Books

Posted by at 1:35 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_bookWrite On! Life-Changing Books

This week’s Write On! Writing Prompt is a deep one, so take some time to reflect and think. Splotter cnahk asks:

What are your stories of hope and inspiration? Why do you read? What are your Life-Changing Books?

Hmm . . . that’s a tough one. I read because I love it. And that means so many things to me. Like, books take me to a different place. They teach me, entertain me, cheer me up, inspire me, challenge me, and make me smarter. Reading has always been a part of me, I guess! I love Middle Eastern-themed books that tell of different people’s struggles there. I also vividly remember To Kill a Mockingbird jolting my life when I was 12 years old.

What about you guys? Let cnahk and all of us know your deepest thoughts in the Comments below!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. AthenaAuthor22

The book that is my hope and inspiration is The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. I read because it takes me away from reality. My life changing book is the same as my hope and inspiration.

2. werewolfcat5

Books inspire me to do well in school and other things.I also learn a lot of information from them.I read because I love books and they take me to imaginary places that I can imagine.The book that changed my life was the first chapter book I got from my cousin.I read it and it was pretty good.So thanks to my cousin,I now love books!

3. Haley

Reading is a gateway to a new universe, one designed just for me. A life-changing book for me would have to be Lord of the Flies by William Golding. Even though it was extremely difficult to understand, Golding made some excellent points about human nature.

4. cloudcloud24

reading makes me feel like i could do anyhing i want or go back in time or to get intotch with my past and helps to form my future

5. cloudcloud24

one book that really changed my life was the littlr house on the prairie series of books by laura ingals wilder.These books were the first novels i ever read, or really any book because when i was younger i couldn’t read then when i was in third grade my mom prayed for me and then jesus christ my savior and comforter changed my life.

6. Livvi

I read books because I can get away from whatever’s going on in the real world. Spending a couple minutes in someone else’s life can really cheer you up. When I’m reading, I’m in a different world, a world where everyone is happy, and where I know there will always be a happy ending. It’s nice to know that, no matter how bad the mood I’m in, someone, somewhere, even if they’re fictional, are having the best time ever.
    Books have changed my life, in SO many ways. I don’t know what the world would be like without books.
    I have too many favorite books to list, but almost all books I have picked up have been worth reading a second time (if not more). :)

7. Mikayla

my life changing book is Harry Potter because it has to do with magic. Magic is the top thing I like to read. Plz publish more books about this topic.

8. Rachel

The two books that changed my life were The Lightning Thief and The Hunger Games. There are so many things that would be different in my life if I had not read those books. I would practically be a different person. I will always love those books and will probably pass them on to my children if I have any.

9. Ley56

There is one book series. In fact I don’t know how I LIVED without it. It’s Animorphs. It has taught me to look at life differanly. The charactors have rubbed off. I still have yet to experiance full rachel mode.

10. firegirl3

the most life changing book i have read is the hunger games (the whole serise ) it is my all time favorit book and i feel like i have been transported into the charicters shoes . reading is the only place i can forget my troubles and enjoy my self and the hunger games made me do that . it emotionaly scard me at times but was so sweet it was the BEST best book i have ever read .i can never look at things the same and in ever conversation i mention it

11. kim

hmm. Honestly i love to read
    but one book i would have say i really enjoy is the hunger games. why? you may ask is because when i read it makes me feel like i am
    escaping the world.