January 5, 2012

Kid Power! Motivation

Posted by at 4:37 am in Kid Power | Permalink

MakeadifferenceKid Power! Kids can make a difference! Every Thursday on Ink Splot 26, we’ll show you a new idea for how YOU can make the world a better place.

Quotes are short and simple ways of letting us know that we are not alone. In times of adversity we may feel like no one understands us, but by reading quotes, we can see that people before us have gone through similar situations, and it motivates us to do better.

Every week, I write a new quote in my planner. The quotes motivate me to achieve my goals. Below are some favorite quotes to help inspire you to achieve your goals.

1. “Whatever you are, be a good one.” -Abraham Lincoln
  2. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” -Walt Disney
  3. “The Quieter you become, the more you can hear.” -Ram Dass
  4. “No one is perfect–that’s why pencils have erasers.” -Unknown
  5. “There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on the Treasure Island.” -Walt Disney
  6. “Writing is good, thinking is better. Cleverness is good, patience is better.” -Hermann Hesse
  7. “He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away.” -Raymond Hull
  8. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement, nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” -Helen Keller
  9. “They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel.” - Carol Buchner
  10. “Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.” -Frank Outlaw

I sometimes even print quotes and hang them up all around my room. You can put quotes anywhere, on your notebook, on a sticky note, on your hand. Re-read these quotes when you’re feeling down, and remember that there is always a reason to go on and be happy.

Do you have a favorite quote? Leave it in the Comments for us and keep the motivation going!

image from kids.scholastic.comGlory, Scholastic Intern (a.k.a. CupcakeChateau4)

1. Foreverelephant

I have a lot of favorites, but one of my absolute favorites is:
    “I believe in being an innovator” -Walt Disney
    I could also write seven novels full of quotes I love from Harry Potter (:P).
    I also love the quote that Skyelark Moon chose! (*waves back at her*)
    ~Foreverelephant♥

2. Orangedragon33

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
    -William Arthur Ward
    Hi skyelark! *Waves*

3. magic*esi

Also to greentea1938- Could be that they’re changing the heading on Write It to ‘The Publishing Site for Writers of ALL AGES’.

4. magic*esi

I love these quotes! Here’s a couple of my favorites:
    ‘Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’ -Dumbledore
    ‘We know what we are, but not what we may be’- Ophelia
    ‘Read, read, read, read, read!’ -Dr. Seuss :)
    I’ve got about a zillion of these, mostly from fictional characters and authors.
    Also, could you give us poor Stack-ers any idea when the boards will be back up? A date or something? Thanks.

5. Skyelark Moon

My favourite qutoe is actually by a STACKer, iloveharrypotter009! Sonce the boards aren’t up, I can’t paste what it is! Otherwise, my favourite quote is…
    “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning how to dance in the rain!”
    -Author Unknown
    I love your quotes!
    -Skyelark Moon :D
    PS- HI FELLOW HP BOARDERS IF YOU ARE READING THIS! *Waves :P *

6. Shadow Princess

ive got a couple
    -Silence is golden but duck tape is silver
    -Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    -life is not measured by the number of breaths u take, but by the number of times life takes ur breath away
    -laugh your heart out, dance in the rain, cherish the memories, ignore the pain, love and learn, forget and forgive, because, remember, you have only 1 life to live.
    these r just a couple!

7. greentea1398

I disagree actually, I think that writing and thinking go hand and hand. I might even argue that writing is better then thinking because it makes your thoughts real.
    Speaking of writing, when is Write-It coming back up? I’d love to hear SOMETHING.

8. greentea1398

Any word on the STACKS or Write It coming back? I loved the boards the way they were and I really don’t know how much there was to fix. Why is it taking so long?

9. earlyelf6

Hi here are some of mine
    “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” –Steve Jobs
    Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you
    ~Thomas Jefferson
    “We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find. ” –Author Unknown
    The best things in life aren’t things!