January 2, 2012

Favorite Book Series

Posted by at 1:08 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_bookWrite On! Favorite Book Series

This week’s Write On! Writing Prompt is either really easy or really hard, depending on how you look at it. Let me show you what I mean . . .

Zoe1 asks:
What is your favorite series of books?

I figure a lot of people have this dilemma – either you know what your favorite series is immediately, or you have so many you can’t decide! I fall into the second category. I have too many favorites. Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Sisters Grimm, Cirque du Freak, Dear Dumb Diary. And does The Hunger Games count, or is that just considered a trilogy? Zoe1, you pose a tough question!

What about you guys? Let Zoe1 and all of us know YOUR favorite book series in the Comments below. We can’t wait to hear!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. DragonDreamer19

lets see here, there’s Dragon Codex, Wings of Fire, Chronicles of Vladimir tod, Eragon, how to train your dragon, harry potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Warriors… that’s all that I can think of off the top of my head.

2. AthenaAuthor22

My favorite series of books are:
    1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians
    2. Harry Potter
    3. Cirque Du Freak
    4. Demonata

3. bookwormgirl45

That is the toughest question ever!Well lets see
    1 Percy Jackson
    2 Heroes of olympus
    3 Kane chronicles
    4 Harry Potter
    5 Unfortunate events
    6 Underland chronicles
    7 Narnia
    8 Goddess girls
    9 Inheritance cycle
    10 Sisters grimm
    11 spiderwick chronicles
    12 Bartimaeus trilogy(its actually got 4 books)
    ps:they are not in the order of how much i like them. i love them all equally but i love the first four the most

4. werewolfcat5

Uh,oh my god! Tough question,I like it! Anyways,I have a lot of book series like Guardians of Ga’Hoole,Diary of A Wimpy Kid,Rainbow Magic,Gregor Chronicles,Animal Ark,How I survived Middle School,and other books.

5. Johncenafan

Did anyone watch the Kids Choice Awards on saturday?
    If anyone did will you please tell me who won for
    Favorite Book.

Spiderman
    Fablehaven 1 and 2
    Hugo
    Wonderstruck
    Super Diaper Baby
    Magic pickle
    Knights of the lunch table
    Dragon
    GooseBumps
    More series by Rick Riordan
    Alex Rider
    Graphic Novels

7. Jewel

Ilove the Twilight saga,Percy Jackson,Dork Diaries and MORE!!!some of the books all ofyoumentioned isnt really popular inthePhilippines…

8. Hamsterbiking5

My ALL TIME favorite series of books are the Babysitters Club series, Little Sister series by Ann M. Martin, and the Ramona series and the Junie B. Jones series! (Ann M. Martin is my favorite writer.)

9. guitarpegasus1

alright i am going to make a list of my favorite book series percy jackson
    diary of a wimpy kid
    an thats it

10. SM

I LOVE HARRY POTTER! It’s the all time best series. I,for one, can’t stop reading it! J.k. Rowling was very crafty and creative. She engaged me in her fantasy stories that should be read by everyone. I also love other series. But, a genre I read the most is fantasy. It just makes me think and has great creative thoughts to it. Meanwhile, I as well love to read all kinds of genres from a-z. For, reading is my favorite activity.

11. greencompass5

I personally have many favorites when it comes to book series, but I am going to whose the one I’m reading right now that is Inkheart/the Cornelia Funke series. (inkheart, inkspell, theif lord, etc.)

12. dragondance15

thats such a hard question so i’ll just name a bunch. The hunger games,harry potter,Gregor the Overlander, percy jackson, diary of a wimpy kid, Allie Finkles rules for girls and twilight saga :]

13. catchingfire45

Hunger games and harry potter my two favorite are in the post yeah go katniss you rock and ginny is beast

14. nugget811

My faveorite series of books would have to be dear dumb diaries, diary of a wimpy kid, harry potter,amber brown, clarice bean, and the babysitters club.

15. Ley56

ANIMORPHS! People who pretend to be a nothlit or an Andalite make me sad. Becuase one I’m really guilible and I beleave them and two. I’M SO JEALOUS!

16. pegasusposeidon2

The Kane Chronicles,
    the Maximum Ride series,
    the Inheritance series,
    the Love Comes Softly series,
    The Chronicles of Narnia,
    The Spiderwick Chronicles,
    and the 100 Cupboards series,to name a few.