January 2, 2012

Favorite Book Series

Posted by at 1:08 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_bookWrite On! Favorite Book Series

This week’s Write On! Writing Prompt is either really easy or really hard, depending on how you look at it. Let me show you what I mean . . .

Zoe1 asks:
What is your favorite series of books?

I figure a lot of people have this dilemma – either you know what your favorite series is immediately, or you have so many you can’t decide! I fall into the second category. I have too many favorites. Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Sisters Grimm, Cirque du Freak, Dear Dumb Diary. And does The Hunger Games count, or is that just considered a trilogy? Zoe1, you pose a tough question!

What about you guys? Let Zoe1 and all of us know YOUR favorite book series in the Comments below. We can’t wait to hear!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. proudphoenix9

i agree with you pearpearthe14th warriors is a FANTASTIC series but i must admit percy jackson and the olympians is HANDS DOWN the most AWESOME series of all to me! anyone who has not read it totally should, the first one is percy jackson and the lightning thief.

2. Mr M

At the Moment I am reading some young adult books the starting books are called fallen, another called Halo, and another called Angel

3. Mr M

I have to agree with most of the posters. It is really hard, but I would choose Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Nancy Drew and if you’re like me the Baby-sitters club, My Sister the Vampire, Shiver Linger and Forever Series and the Cherub Series I could go on but it would give you a headache

4. jul4ever

I just got a new favorite series, any girl in middle school would absoloutely love! It’s called “The Files of Madison Finn”. Best series ever!

5. Calleigh

mine are the hunger games,harry potter,percy jackson,the 39 clues,dear dumb diary,diary of a wimpy kid,Inkheart series,dork diaries,the lost hero series,the kane chronicles,*thinks*I cant remember everything

6. aphroditestorm1

omg i ALMOST knew wich one immediatly!!!!!!!!! at first i thought ” well, percy jackson, DUH!!!!” but then i wuz like ” wait……. what about canterwood crest!!!!!!” so this is my FINAL decision!!! CANTERWOOD CREST AND PERCY JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. dragon claw 180

hello there fellow readers,I want to inform you about the latest james patterson series,”witch and wizard”it is a series I am sure you will like!:]

8. caleb

Man I love so many Books I’ll List a Few, Percy Jackson and the Olympians,Heroes of Olympus,Kane Chronicles,Chronicles Of Narnia,39 Clues, Cahills vs vespers

9. Emily

Wow Zoe1 that is a difficult question I would have to say my favorite series are The hunger games, the 39 clues, and Harry potter. But those are only the top ones i’m reading right now I love all books.

10. 10CVS

This is a good, but very difficult question for me, because I love to read! I guess though, it would probably depend on the mood I’m in. Sometimes Harry Potter, and recently, I’ve just gotten hooked onto the Matched trilogy, even though Realistic Fiction is my favorite genre.

11. friendlydragon

i love almost all books but the molly moon series by Georgia Byng has to be my faviorte be cause i grew uo with it.

12. greentea1398

Harry potter all the way!!!
    When are the boards coming back? I would really appreciate someone giving us a date or even a guess.

13. Nivedha

I’m in love with Harry Potter and Percy Jackson and Diary of a Wimpy Kid and I dunno what to pick! But I guess it will be Percy Jackson.

14. PurpleArtemis25

My favorite series are:
    - Percy Jackson
    - Heroes Of Olympus
    - Dork Diaries
    - Poison Apple
    - The Myth Series
    - Candy Apple
    - The Babysitters Club
    - Diary Of A Wimpy Kid
    - Artemis Fowl
    - Goosebumps
    - Geronimo Stilton
    - Thea Stilton
    - Star Wars ( Yes, I admit that I’m a Star Wars kinda girl! )
    - Dive
    - Monster Hunters
    - LOTR ( Seriously. I’m a total fantasy geek… lol )