January 2, 2012

Favorite Book Series

Posted by at 1:08 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_bookWrite On! Favorite Book Series

This week’s Write On! Writing Prompt is either really easy or really hard, depending on how you look at it. Let me show you what I mean . . .

Zoe1 asks:
What is your favorite series of books?

I figure a lot of people have this dilemma – either you know what your favorite series is immediately, or you have so many you can’t decide! I fall into the second category. I have too many favorites. Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Sisters Grimm, Cirque du Freak, Dear Dumb Diary. And does The Hunger Games count, or is that just considered a trilogy? Zoe1, you pose a tough question!

What about you guys? Let Zoe1 and all of us know YOUR favorite book series in the Comments below. We can’t wait to hear!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. Mysterygirl123

I like Nancy Drew, Harry Potter, Gilda Joyce, Goosebumps (even IF I’ve only read 1 book…), Diary of a Wimpy kid, the list goes on as life goes on…=) .

2. miniartemis

Hard one!
    I really like:
    -The Hunger Games
    -Harry Potter
    -Percy Jackson
    -The Gallagher Girls
    -The 39 Clues
    And TONS more!!
    (have you noticed that most people like the same series?)

3. Shirakatara

The keyword “series” removes a LOT of my favorite books, but remaining is:
    - Anything by Tamora Pierce (Protector of the Small, The Immortals, Song of the Lioness, Beka Cooper, Trickster’s Choice books… And those are just Tortall)
    - The Inheritance Cycle
    - Destroyermen series (probably high school+)
    - Earth’s Children (DEFINATLY high school+)
    and all the rest of my favs are individual books…

4. Hermione524

DISCWORLD!!!!! I <3 Terry Pratchett…his books are AMAZING.
    But then there’s always The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel…it’s really close…

5. pinktwinkle

well….. letme put this in list form
    1. harry potter
    2. hunger games
    3. the clique
    4. 11 birthdays fillany 12 and thirteen gifts (the seris dosen’t have a name)
    5. Dear america
    6. royal diaries
    that’s all i can think of
    E

6. Adventurebutterfly37

I love The Baby-Sitters Club! And The Saddle Club book searis. And the Full House Books. And the Little House Books. But The Baby-Sitters Club is the 1rst!

7. jazzi

UMMMM…..hard to decide. I love the HARRY POTTER books because of the mystery and how the author came up with all those interesting spells . she is a very creative thinker and i love it! i want to become a stupendous author just like her. i also like the TOMORROW GIRLS books. many of you may not have heard of it before but its really suspending.i think the sell it in barnes and nobel if you want to read it. (there’s 4 books)
    even though im a young age i am amazed at these wonderful authors and i read a lot.

8. haydenrocks10

Hmmmmmm, that’s a hard one. I think that I would pick Harry Potter, or Percy Jackson, Junie B. Jones, or Magic Tree House.
    If I had to pick though, I would pick Harry Potter.

9. SapphireStorm3

I personally love Harry Potter! I also love The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, The Heist Society, Kingdom Keepers, Gallagher Girls, Ect. ect. ect. (I have too many favorites!)
    - <3 SapphireStorm3

10. investigatingspirited4

My favorite book series is the babysitters club. I am crazy about babies so when im like 16, i’m gonna babysit. I have five of the mysteries.

11. oOKianaOo

Hi, moderators of the Stacks Message Boards. I’m oOKianaOo, as you have probably already seen me on the boards, and I would like to know why the boards have been closed and why we can’t read posts no longer. Sorry for interrupting the writing prompt but this message is urgent. Please respond ASAP. Thank you once again. You can also see my other post concerning the boards in the New Year’s posts.

12. Britney C

that is very cool zoe1.but i do not read harry potter i thinking it is a little too hard for me but my brother is reading one i am reading No Talking.

13. mysterymagic7

That is a hard question I love so many series but my favorites. I would have to say Nancy Drew, 39 Clues, Sisters Grimm, Percy Jackson/The Heroes of Olympus, and finally the Kane Chronicles. Whew! Man I like a lot of series. That was a tough question for me to answer. But really I love all books!!!

14. kyjk

Can’t tell, but my two all time favorites would be Harry Potter,and Percy Jackson. I also pretty much like all of Rick Riordan’s books. There are like a MILLION books and book series I’ve read,and liked.