January 2, 2012

Favorite Book Series

Posted by at 1:08 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_bookWrite On! Favorite Book Series

This week’s Write On! Writing Prompt is either really easy or really hard, depending on how you look at it. Let me show you what I mean . . .

Zoe1 asks:
What is your favorite series of books?

I figure a lot of people have this dilemma – either you know what your favorite series is immediately, or you have so many you can’t decide! I fall into the second category. I have too many favorites. Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Sisters Grimm, Cirque du Freak, Dear Dumb Diary. And does The Hunger Games count, or is that just considered a trilogy? Zoe1, you pose a tough question!

What about you guys? Let Zoe1 and all of us know YOUR favorite book series in the Comments below. We can’t wait to hear!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. DragonDreamer19

lets see here, there’s Dragon Codex, Wings of Fire, Chronicles of Vladimir tod, Eragon, how to train your dragon, harry potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Warriors… that’s all that I can think of off the top of my head.

2. AthenaAuthor22

My favorite series of books are:
    1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians
    2. Harry Potter
    3. Cirque Du Freak
    4. Demonata

3. bookwormgirl45

That is the toughest question ever!Well lets see
    1 Percy Jackson
    2 Heroes of olympus
    3 Kane chronicles
    4 Harry Potter
    5 Unfortunate events
    6 Underland chronicles
    7 Narnia
    8 Goddess girls
    9 Inheritance cycle
    10 Sisters grimm
    11 spiderwick chronicles
    12 Bartimaeus trilogy(its actually got 4 books)
    ps:they are not in the order of how much i like them. i love them all equally but i love the first four the most

4. werewolfcat5

Uh,oh my god! Tough question,I like it! Anyways,I have a lot of book series like Guardians of Ga’Hoole,Diary of A Wimpy Kid,Rainbow Magic,Gregor Chronicles,Animal Ark,How I survived Middle School,and other books.

5. Johncenafan

Did anyone watch the Kids Choice Awards on saturday?
    If anyone did will you please tell me who won for
    Favorite Book.

Spiderman
    Fablehaven 1 and 2
    Hugo
    Wonderstruck
    Super Diaper Baby
    Magic pickle
    Knights of the lunch table
    Dragon
    GooseBumps
    More series by Rick Riordan
    Alex Rider
    Graphic Novels

7. Jewel

Ilove the Twilight saga,Percy Jackson,Dork Diaries and MORE!!!some of the books all ofyoumentioned isnt really popular inthePhilippines…

8. Hamsterbiking5

My ALL TIME favorite series of books are the Babysitters Club series, Little Sister series by Ann M. Martin, and the Ramona series and the Junie B. Jones series! (Ann M. Martin is my favorite writer.)

9. guitarpegasus1

alright i am going to make a list of my favorite book series percy jackson
    diary of a wimpy kid
    an thats it

10. SM

I LOVE HARRY POTTER! It’s the all time best series. I,for one, can’t stop reading it! J.k. Rowling was very crafty and creative. She engaged me in her fantasy stories that should be read by everyone. I also love other series. But, a genre I read the most is fantasy. It just makes me think and has great creative thoughts to it. Meanwhile, I as well love to read all kinds of genres from a-z. For, reading is my favorite activity.

11. greencompass5

I personally have many favorites when it comes to book series, but I am going to whose the one I’m reading right now that is Inkheart/the Cornelia Funke series. (inkheart, inkspell, theif lord, etc.)

12. dragondance15

thats such a hard question so i’ll just name a bunch. The hunger games,harry potter,Gregor the Overlander, percy jackson, diary of a wimpy kid, Allie Finkles rules for girls and twilight saga :]

13. catchingfire45

Hunger games and harry potter my two favorite are in the post yeah go katniss you rock and ginny is beast

14. nugget811

My faveorite series of books would have to be dear dumb diaries, diary of a wimpy kid, harry potter,amber brown, clarice bean, and the babysitters club.

15. Ley56

ANIMORPHS! People who pretend to be a nothlit or an Andalite make me sad. Becuase one I’m really guilible and I beleave them and two. I’M SO JEALOUS!

16. pegasusposeidon2

The Kane Chronicles,
    the Maximum Ride series,
    the Inheritance series,
    the Love Comes Softly series,
    The Chronicles of Narnia,
    The Spiderwick Chronicles,
    and the 100 Cupboards series,to name a few.

17. proudphoenix9

i agree with you pearpearthe14th warriors is a FANTASTIC series but i must admit percy jackson and the olympians is HANDS DOWN the most AWESOME series of all to me! anyone who has not read it totally should, the first one is percy jackson and the lightning thief.

18. Mr M

At the Moment I am reading some young adult books the starting books are called fallen, another called Halo, and another called Angel

19. Mr M

I have to agree with most of the posters. It is really hard, but I would choose Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Nancy Drew and if you’re like me the Baby-sitters club, My Sister the Vampire, Shiver Linger and Forever Series and the Cherub Series I could go on but it would give you a headache

20. jul4ever

I just got a new favorite series, any girl in middle school would absoloutely love! It’s called “The Files of Madison Finn”. Best series ever!

21. Calleigh

mine are the hunger games,harry potter,percy jackson,the 39 clues,dear dumb diary,diary of a wimpy kid,Inkheart series,dork diaries,the lost hero series,the kane chronicles,*thinks*I cant remember everything

22. aphroditestorm1

omg i ALMOST knew wich one immediatly!!!!!!!!! at first i thought ” well, percy jackson, DUH!!!!” but then i wuz like ” wait……. what about canterwood crest!!!!!!” so this is my FINAL decision!!! CANTERWOOD CREST AND PERCY JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. dragon claw 180

hello there fellow readers,I want to inform you about the latest james patterson series,”witch and wizard”it is a series I am sure you will like!:]

24. caleb

Man I love so many Books I’ll List a Few, Percy Jackson and the Olympians,Heroes of Olympus,Kane Chronicles,Chronicles Of Narnia,39 Clues, Cahills vs vespers

25. Emily

Wow Zoe1 that is a difficult question I would have to say my favorite series are The hunger games, the 39 clues, and Harry potter. But those are only the top ones i’m reading right now I love all books.

26. 10CVS

This is a good, but very difficult question for me, because I love to read! I guess though, it would probably depend on the mood I’m in. Sometimes Harry Potter, and recently, I’ve just gotten hooked onto the Matched trilogy, even though Realistic Fiction is my favorite genre.

27. friendlydragon

i love almost all books but the molly moon series by Georgia Byng has to be my faviorte be cause i grew uo with it.

28. greentea1398

Harry potter all the way!!!
    When are the boards coming back? I would really appreciate someone giving us a date or even a guess.

29. Nivedha

I’m in love with Harry Potter and Percy Jackson and Diary of a Wimpy Kid and I dunno what to pick! But I guess it will be Percy Jackson.

30. PurpleArtemis25

My favorite series are:
    - Percy Jackson
    - Heroes Of Olympus
    - Dork Diaries
    - Poison Apple
    - The Myth Series
    - Candy Apple
    - The Babysitters Club
    - Diary Of A Wimpy Kid
    - Artemis Fowl
    - Goosebumps
    - Geronimo Stilton
    - Thea Stilton
    - Star Wars ( Yes, I admit that I’m a Star Wars kinda girl! )
    - Dive
    - Monster Hunters
    - LOTR ( Seriously. I’m a total fantasy geek… lol )

31. Mysterygirl123

I like Nancy Drew, Harry Potter, Gilda Joyce, Goosebumps (even IF I’ve only read 1 book…), Diary of a Wimpy kid, the list goes on as life goes on…=) .

32. miniartemis

Hard one!
    I really like:
    -The Hunger Games
    -Harry Potter
    -Percy Jackson
    -The Gallagher Girls
    -The 39 Clues
    And TONS more!!
    (have you noticed that most people like the same series?)

33. Shirakatara

The keyword “series” removes a LOT of my favorite books, but remaining is:
    - Anything by Tamora Pierce (Protector of the Small, The Immortals, Song of the Lioness, Beka Cooper, Trickster’s Choice books… And those are just Tortall)
    - The Inheritance Cycle
    - Destroyermen series (probably high school+)
    - Earth’s Children (DEFINATLY high school+)
    and all the rest of my favs are individual books…

34. Hermione524

DISCWORLD!!!!! I <3 Terry Pratchett…his books are AMAZING.
    But then there’s always The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel…it’s really close…

35. pinktwinkle

well….. letme put this in list form
    1. harry potter
    2. hunger games
    3. the clique
    4. 11 birthdays fillany 12 and thirteen gifts (the seris dosen’t have a name)
    5. Dear america
    6. royal diaries
    that’s all i can think of
    E

36. Adventurebutterfly37

I love The Baby-Sitters Club! And The Saddle Club book searis. And the Full House Books. And the Little House Books. But The Baby-Sitters Club is the 1rst!

37. jazzi

UMMMM…..hard to decide. I love the HARRY POTTER books because of the mystery and how the author came up with all those interesting spells . she is a very creative thinker and i love it! i want to become a stupendous author just like her. i also like the TOMORROW GIRLS books. many of you may not have heard of it before but its really suspending.i think the sell it in barnes and nobel if you want to read it. (there’s 4 books)
    even though im a young age i am amazed at these wonderful authors and i read a lot.

38. haydenrocks10

Hmmmmmm, that’s a hard one. I think that I would pick Harry Potter, or Percy Jackson, Junie B. Jones, or Magic Tree House.
    If I had to pick though, I would pick Harry Potter.

39. SapphireStorm3

I personally love Harry Potter! I also love The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, The Heist Society, Kingdom Keepers, Gallagher Girls, Ect. ect. ect. (I have too many favorites!)
    - <3 SapphireStorm3

40. investigatingspirited4

My favorite book series is the babysitters club. I am crazy about babies so when im like 16, i’m gonna babysit. I have five of the mysteries.

41. oOKianaOo

Hi, moderators of the Stacks Message Boards. I’m oOKianaOo, as you have probably already seen me on the boards, and I would like to know why the boards have been closed and why we can’t read posts no longer. Sorry for interrupting the writing prompt but this message is urgent. Please respond ASAP. Thank you once again. You can also see my other post concerning the boards in the New Year’s posts.

42. Britney C

that is very cool zoe1.but i do not read harry potter i thinking it is a little too hard for me but my brother is reading one i am reading No Talking.

43. mysterymagic7

That is a hard question I love so many series but my favorites. I would have to say Nancy Drew, 39 Clues, Sisters Grimm, Percy Jackson/The Heroes of Olympus, and finally the Kane Chronicles. Whew! Man I like a lot of series. That was a tough question for me to answer. But really I love all books!!!

44. kyjk

Can’t tell, but my two all time favorites would be Harry Potter,and Percy Jackson. I also pretty much like all of Rick Riordan’s books. There are like a MILLION books and book series I’ve read,and liked.

45. Larissa

Very tough question! My all time favorite series is by R.L. Stine, not the goosebump books, but the Babysitter series. Very spooky and enough to scare the pants off of me!

46. Alexis

This is a hard question because I love ALL books. But, if I could pick a few, I’d pick Goddess Girls, Warriors, The Baby-Sitters Club, The Sisters Grimm and Dear Dumb Diary.

47. Sophie

My favorite series is The Series of Unfortunate Events because there is so many secrets and mysteries. It is the best book series I’ve read and 12 out of the 13 books always leave you with cliff hangers. It’s awesome!

48. Twinktoes87

Harry Potter or THG! I know that absolutley imedietly. But, my favorite single book is The Giver by Lois Lowry. And my least favorite series? Tw*l*ght.

49. GHRS_98

Easy! Harry Potter! Changed my life completely! But I also like James Patterson’s Witch and Wizard, The Missing Series (Haddix) and Of Witches and Warlocks series (Weatherford)!

50. magic-esi

Harry Potter. That’s not even a question. I love you all, other series, but Harry Potter wins.
    Also, any idea when the Write It boards will be back up?

51. Onyxfairy5

OMG! WOW Zoey1, T-O-U-G-H!
    ok so i have a lot
    -Harry Potter of course
    -Hunger Games
    -Twilight saga (i dont like how it ends though)
    -Percy Jackson and the Olympians
    -The Heroes of Olympus
    -The Ranger’s Apprentice
    -Children of the Lamp
    -Gallagher Girls

52. Carly

The Hunger Games. No doubt about it. I love all the action with a perfect mix of drama and love between Katniss and Peeta. I love all the characters too! The hunger Games is an awesome series. Or trilogy. The Hunger Games is my favorite, but I do like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Alex Rider, The Heroes of Olympus, and A Series of Unfortunate Events.

53. justaprincess

Oh, I don’t know. I love Harry Potter, Dear Canada, The Mother-Daughter Book Club, The Secret Series, Dork Diaries, Diary of a Wimpy Kid… shall I go on?

54. pearpearthe14th

I’m definitely a person who falls into the first category. Whenever I am asked this question, I immeadiaty have an answer: WARRIORS!!! I started reading the Warrior books about three years ago, and they’ve been my favorite ever since I finished the first one: Into the Wild. I like a lot of different single novels and series, but Warriors will always stand out to me. Those books are special; something about them just… Clicks, with me. I’ve read so many good books; before Warriors I used to say I had too many favorites to pick just one. I still wanna give credit to all my other favorites, but the title of MOST FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME will forever belong to Warriors. -pearpearthe14th

55. alywrites

Between the Infernal Devices and Harry Potter and Dear America for me. I definitely enjoy other series, like The Morganville Vampires, the Darkest Powers, and several others. Now, my favourite BOOK is a completely different matter…

56. Hiphoph

Hmmm…Probally either the Unicorn chronicles by Bruce Coville, The Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke, The Spiderwick chronicles, or the Edge chronicles(the first Edge chronicles book is AWESOME. I own it and have read it, like, seven times.)

57. cavyheart

I’m like a four way tie between the Hunger Games, Harry Potter, the Chronicles of Narnia, and Gallagher Girls. Personally, anything that has more than two books in it should be able to count as a series, since it has an expanded story arc.
    Any idea when the STACKS and Write It message boards are coming back up? The message on the Announcements bulletin still says that they’ll be “Read-Only through December 28,” but it’s already the 2nd of January…

58. purpledawn13

I’m not sure if The Hunger Games is a trilogy or not. But if it was a series, The Hunger Games would be my #1 pick. (I can’t wait until the movie comes out)! If it was trilogy, then I also love Allie Finkle. It really is a great book because I relate to it so much, and I bet a lot of other people relate to it too. Thanks Zoe1 for making me think about all the amazing books that I have read.

59. C6

wow now THAT is a tough question. But it only has one asnwer for me, my favorite series is Redwall, by Brain Jacques.

60. ashi1

Harry Potter or The Hunger Games or Inkheart or Nancy Drew or Percy Jackson or more than a zillion book series!:) XD But HP’s my all time favorite!:D

61. Skyelark Moon

Great question! I would say that my ALL TIME favourite series would be Harry Potter because that was the series that got me reading! Some of my other favourites are the Underland Chronicles, The Wolves of Mercy Falls, The Hunger Games Trilogy, The Twilight Saga, Maximum Ride and the Childeren of the Red King!
    PS- Do you know when the message boards are opening? Thanks!