January 2, 2012

Favorite Book Series

Posted by at 1:08 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_bookWrite On! Favorite Book Series

This week’s Write On! Writing Prompt is either really easy or really hard, depending on how you look at it. Let me show you what I mean . . .

Zoe1 asks:
What is your favorite series of books?

I figure a lot of people have this dilemma – either you know what your favorite series is immediately, or you have so many you can’t decide! I fall into the second category. I have too many favorites. Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Sisters Grimm, Cirque du Freak, Dear Dumb Diary. And does The Hunger Games count, or is that just considered a trilogy? Zoe1, you pose a tough question!

What about you guys? Let Zoe1 and all of us know YOUR favorite book series in the Comments below. We can’t wait to hear!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. Larissa

Very tough question! My all time favorite series is by R.L. Stine, not the goosebump books, but the Babysitter series. Very spooky and enough to scare the pants off of me!

2. Alexis

This is a hard question because I love ALL books. But, if I could pick a few, I’d pick Goddess Girls, Warriors, The Baby-Sitters Club, The Sisters Grimm and Dear Dumb Diary.

3. Sophie

My favorite series is The Series of Unfortunate Events because there is so many secrets and mysteries. It is the best book series I’ve read and 12 out of the 13 books always leave you with cliff hangers. It’s awesome!

4. Twinktoes87

Harry Potter or THG! I know that absolutley imedietly. But, my favorite single book is The Giver by Lois Lowry. And my least favorite series? Tw*l*ght.

5. GHRS_98

Easy! Harry Potter! Changed my life completely! But I also like James Patterson’s Witch and Wizard, The Missing Series (Haddix) and Of Witches and Warlocks series (Weatherford)!

6. magic-esi

Harry Potter. That’s not even a question. I love you all, other series, but Harry Potter wins.
    Also, any idea when the Write It boards will be back up?

7. Onyxfairy5

OMG! WOW Zoey1, T-O-U-G-H!
    ok so i have a lot
    -Harry Potter of course
    -Hunger Games
    -Twilight saga (i dont like how it ends though)
    -Percy Jackson and the Olympians
    -The Heroes of Olympus
    -The Ranger’s Apprentice
    -Children of the Lamp
    -Gallagher Girls

8. Carly

The Hunger Games. No doubt about it. I love all the action with a perfect mix of drama and love between Katniss and Peeta. I love all the characters too! The hunger Games is an awesome series. Or trilogy. The Hunger Games is my favorite, but I do like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Alex Rider, The Heroes of Olympus, and A Series of Unfortunate Events.

9. justaprincess

Oh, I don’t know. I love Harry Potter, Dear Canada, The Mother-Daughter Book Club, The Secret Series, Dork Diaries, Diary of a Wimpy Kid… shall I go on?

10. pearpearthe14th

I’m definitely a person who falls into the first category. Whenever I am asked this question, I immeadiaty have an answer: WARRIORS!!! I started reading the Warrior books about three years ago, and they’ve been my favorite ever since I finished the first one: Into the Wild. I like a lot of different single novels and series, but Warriors will always stand out to me. Those books are special; something about them just… Clicks, with me. I’ve read so many good books; before Warriors I used to say I had too many favorites to pick just one. I still wanna give credit to all my other favorites, but the title of MOST FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME will forever belong to Warriors. -pearpearthe14th

11. alywrites

Between the Infernal Devices and Harry Potter and Dear America for me. I definitely enjoy other series, like The Morganville Vampires, the Darkest Powers, and several others. Now, my favourite BOOK is a completely different matter…

12. Hiphoph

Hmmm…Probally either the Unicorn chronicles by Bruce Coville, The Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke, The Spiderwick chronicles, or the Edge chronicles(the first Edge chronicles book is AWESOME. I own it and have read it, like, seven times.)

13. cavyheart

I’m like a four way tie between the Hunger Games, Harry Potter, the Chronicles of Narnia, and Gallagher Girls. Personally, anything that has more than two books in it should be able to count as a series, since it has an expanded story arc.
    Any idea when the STACKS and Write It message boards are coming back up? The message on the Announcements bulletin still says that they’ll be “Read-Only through December 28,” but it’s already the 2nd of January…

14. purpledawn13

I’m not sure if The Hunger Games is a trilogy or not. But if it was a series, The Hunger Games would be my #1 pick. (I can’t wait until the movie comes out)! If it was trilogy, then I also love Allie Finkle. It really is a great book because I relate to it so much, and I bet a lot of other people relate to it too. Thanks Zoe1 for making me think about all the amazing books that I have read.

15. C6

wow now THAT is a tough question. But it only has one asnwer for me, my favorite series is Redwall, by Brain Jacques.

16. ashi1

Harry Potter or The Hunger Games or Inkheart or Nancy Drew or Percy Jackson or more than a zillion book series!:) XD But HP’s my all time favorite!:D

17. Skyelark Moon

Great question! I would say that my ALL TIME favourite series would be Harry Potter because that was the series that got me reading! Some of my other favourites are the Underland Chronicles, The Wolves of Mercy Falls, The Hunger Games Trilogy, The Twilight Saga, Maximum Ride and the Childeren of the Red King!
    PS- Do you know when the message boards are opening? Thanks!