January 16, 2012

Book Character Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:30 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_charactergiftsWrite On! Character to Life

This week’s Write On! Writing Prompt comes to us from Late Night Reader (love your Screen Name!) who asks:

Out of all the books you have read, which one book character would you transport into the real world and why? What is it that makes this one character stand out? Why would you two “click?”

That’s a tough one. So many characters, so little time! Who would you pick? Let Late Night Reader and all of us know in the Comments below!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. Gabby

I would pick Jamie Kelly from dear dumb diary because I feel she would understand my pain and in all of the books she is such a humorous character I feel she will always be there to defend you or just simply disabuse her obsession with Hudson rivers or mr prince. Btw. I am a total book worm. Reading rules I loveschoolastic. You guys rule. You guys are inspirational. I love English and writing. Maybe ill sign up to be a member

2. Ley56

Umm is this a trick question? Obviously it’s Elfangor. He’s awesome. (Though I can’t say the same for Loren.) He’s a hero and left war for love. I find that sweet. So obviously it’s going to be him.

3. dragonphoenix59

Hmm…tough question. I think I’d bring Percy Jackson or Harry Potter. Why? Because both of them are great leaders and completely loyal to those they love. I also like the fact that they’re both intense and humorous at the same time. :)

4. dolphinbrain37

THE BOOK THAT I WOULD WANT TO COME ALIVE IS THE STARGIRL CHARACTER SUSAN (A.K.A.) STARGIRL THE THING THAT GAVE HER SPARK WAS THAT SHE WAS NOT AFRAID OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK, SHE WOULD DO THINGS THAT TO OTHER PEOPLE IT WOULD BE EMBARRASSING ESPECIALY IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL BUT THE THING THAT TICKED ME OFF WAS THAT SHE TRIED TO CHANGE BECAUSE LEO TOLD HER THAT SHE AS A NOTHING TO EVERYBODY IN THE SCHOOL AND BECAUSE LEO CARED WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THOUGHT SO SHE SAID AND I QUOTE (I DONT WANT TO BE A NOBODY)SO THAT CHANGED HER AND SHE LIKED IT BECAUSE SHE WAS POPULAR IN HER SCHOOL AND SHE LIKED THAT SHE WAS POPULAR THAT IS WHY I WOULD WANT TO BRING TO LIFE STARGIRL.

5. dizzyferret

I would totally choose Dove from Love, Ruby Lavendar. I’d choose her because she wants to be an anthropologist(ha, spell that off the top of your head) and she likes to observe people like I do. She likes to see the way they move and act. How they think and how they react to different things, and how it effects the world around us. We also have a bit of Unbridled Enthusiasm!

6. AthenaAuthor11

My favorite character is mostly everyone. So the latest book I read and the person I like is Amanda from 11 birthdays. It is so good!!! Amanda reminds me of… ME!

7. calmblue44

like kyjk’s answer, maybe Luna Lovegood. She never loses her temper and she’s always so calm. Or possibly Rowley Jefferson. Perhaps even Matilda by Roald Dahl. There are so many to choose from!!!

8. m

i like your story it is so sweet, helpful,smart thst is a very very good i couldn’t write one inpresive great job fantasic

9. Bookworm287

Well it is really hard to choose. But I would choose Anabeth from Percy Jackson.She is so smart and I think we would be great friends. I wish she could come into the real world so bad. The person that would be my second choice would be Ben from Wonder Struck. Since he is deaf it would be an amazing experience for me.

10. FuschiaDrama15

I seriously can’t decide between Percy Jackson(his own series), Annabeth Chase(same as Percy), Harry Potter(his own series also), Hermione Granger, Matthias(Redwall), or Kendra from Fablehaven. Oh, and Jenny Mcfee from How I Survived Middle School!
    Love,
    FuschiaDrama15 :-)
    ***************************

11. baseballbloodhound48

my favorite book is The Fire Eternal it is a great book i just got it yesterday and i am on chapter five.I have read The BFG in second grade.My teacher read it to me.

12. EMERALDFROST12

The character I would bring to life would probably be Meggie from Inkheart. I would bring her to life because she looks like she is full of life and very adventurous. Also the book is written by my favorite author and illustrator Cornelia Funke. You should definetly read the book and see wich one is your favorite character. Perhaps it could be Meggie or Dustfinger. You can decide. The book is very magical and enchanting. That is what I love the most about the book, it makes you forget everythig around you and takes you into the world of InkHeart

13. Hiphoph

If I could talk to them, it would be a Warrior cat. Probally Jayfeather or Dovewing. Or Cinderpaw. I would love to be able to talk to one of them (even though I’d be alergic to them…)!

14. Silver8449

Definitely Katniss from The Hunger Games. I can really relate to her and we’d probably be Bffs,if not sisters, if not twins. I just love her sooooo much and the book is awesome. Btw, go Team Peeta!!!

15. dreamtimepink9

I like the NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM characters their names are Kahmunrah, Ahkmenrah, Huns, Nike Daley
    Al Capone, Napoloen Bonaparte, and Ivan the Terrilbe.
    I also like STAR WARS characters their names
    are Darth-Vader(Anakin), Padme, Luke, and Leia.

16. Platinumvolleyball5

I would totally bring Katniss back from the Hunger Games series. Will there be a Hunger Games Message board because I would post on it EVERYDAY! The Hunger Games is the best book sreies ever!
    Top two books:
    1. Hunger Games
    2. Harry Potter
    Platinumvolleyball5
    plz friend me!

17. percyj99

hmmm…
    I’d pick either Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Leo Valdez, Nico di Angelo, Piper Mclean, Hazel Levesque, Grover Underwood, Hermione Granger, Albus Severus Potter, or Dan Cahill. I know, I’d have to pick just one.