January 16, 2012

Book Character Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:30 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_charactergiftsWrite On! Character to Life

This week’s Write On! Writing Prompt comes to us from Late Night Reader (love your Screen Name!) who asks:

Out of all the books you have read, which one book character would you transport into the real world and why? What is it that makes this one character stand out? Why would you two “click?”

That’s a tough one. So many characters, so little time! Who would you pick? Let Late Night Reader and all of us know in the Comments below!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. AthenaAuthor22

Luke Castellan from Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Since the first time I read about him in the series, I had always liked his humor and attitude.

2. bookwormgirl45

I would like to bring a lot many characters i just cant choose theres annabeth from pj and hermione from hp and arya from eragon and zia and sadie from kane chronicles and athena from goddess girls and sabrina and daphne from sisters grimm and i guess id like to bring meggie from inheart and then go into the book with her. sorry about the long list but i just cant choose i love all of them.

3. werewolfcat5

I would want to transport….who should I transport? I have a lot of characters I would want to transport.

4. Sadie

Oh, or Annabeth, from Percy Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wait, don’t screen me! I know I’m overposting, but I can’t help it!!! It’s all worth it!

5. ella

i would choose jacob black from twilight breaking dawn part 1 scine bella chose edward i thougt that jacob was really lonely i feel bad for him so mabe he could find a new love but in my opinion i wished that bella fell in love with jacob ;)

6. MidnightDreamer

Luna Lovegood or Piper Mclean. Why? Because I could relate to and be best friends with either of them. Or both….. ;)

7. AthenaArtemis1

hmmmmmmmm…………. I’d really have to think about that…………..
    well….. either captain Holly Short from Artemis Fowl, or Princess Cimorene from the Enchanted Forest Chronicles. I can’t decide, they’re both so smart, confident, courages, and not going to let any man get in their way.

8. Ley56

I would chose Elfangor. My sister would chose Jacob or Siris black. Dobby or Harry Potter. Jacob is cute. Harry is cutr. Siris because for an older guy he’s cute. Dobby well because he’s awesome. Oh and Bella. I chose Elfangor because for an Andalite he’s cute. LOL wait I’m twelve. I have some issues. :8) grrr they need a blushy thingy!

9. PurpleArtemis25

I would either bring Annabeth, because , like me, she is her own person,is smart and knows how to take care of herself, or maybe …uh….( I’m having a blank! lol ) Tyson, because he’s so sweet! Or maybe Dapanga, a character from the novel I’m writing. She’s a funny,tough and kinda random girl ( Juste comme moi! ) …So, uh, yeah.

10. kate

woah, maybe annabeth from the p.j. series, maybe thalia from p.j., maybe Rachel from p.j., maybe rachel from “lost on brier island” maybe ruthie from the sixty-eight rooms,maybe more…

11. Gabby

I would pick Jamie Kelly from dear dumb diary because I feel she would understand my pain and in all of the books she is such a humorous character I feel she will always be there to defend you or just simply disabuse her obsession with Hudson rivers or mr prince. Btw. I am a total book worm. Reading rules I loveschoolastic. You guys rule. You guys are inspirational. I love English and writing. Maybe ill sign up to be a member

12. Ley56

Umm is this a trick question? Obviously it’s Elfangor. He’s awesome. (Though I can’t say the same for Loren.) He’s a hero and left war for love. I find that sweet. So obviously it’s going to be him.

13. dragonphoenix59

Hmm…tough question. I think I’d bring Percy Jackson or Harry Potter. Why? Because both of them are great leaders and completely loyal to those they love. I also like the fact that they’re both intense and humorous at the same time. :)

14. dolphinbrain37

THE BOOK THAT I WOULD WANT TO COME ALIVE IS THE STARGIRL CHARACTER SUSAN (A.K.A.) STARGIRL THE THING THAT GAVE HER SPARK WAS THAT SHE WAS NOT AFRAID OF WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK, SHE WOULD DO THINGS THAT TO OTHER PEOPLE IT WOULD BE EMBARRASSING ESPECIALY IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL BUT THE THING THAT TICKED ME OFF WAS THAT SHE TRIED TO CHANGE BECAUSE LEO TOLD HER THAT SHE AS A NOTHING TO EVERYBODY IN THE SCHOOL AND BECAUSE LEO CARED WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THOUGHT SO SHE SAID AND I QUOTE (I DONT WANT TO BE A NOBODY)SO THAT CHANGED HER AND SHE LIKED IT BECAUSE SHE WAS POPULAR IN HER SCHOOL AND SHE LIKED THAT SHE WAS POPULAR THAT IS WHY I WOULD WANT TO BRING TO LIFE STARGIRL.

15. dizzyferret

I would totally choose Dove from Love, Ruby Lavendar. I’d choose her because she wants to be an anthropologist(ha, spell that off the top of your head) and she likes to observe people like I do. She likes to see the way they move and act. How they think and how they react to different things, and how it effects the world around us. We also have a bit of Unbridled Enthusiasm!

16. AthenaAuthor11

My favorite character is mostly everyone. So the latest book I read and the person I like is Amanda from 11 birthdays. It is so good!!! Amanda reminds me of… ME!

17. calmblue44

like kyjk’s answer, maybe Luna Lovegood. She never loses her temper and she’s always so calm. Or possibly Rowley Jefferson. Perhaps even Matilda by Roald Dahl. There are so many to choose from!!!

18. m

i like your story it is so sweet, helpful,smart thst is a very very good i couldn’t write one inpresive great job fantasic

19. Bookworm287

Well it is really hard to choose. But I would choose Anabeth from Percy Jackson.She is so smart and I think we would be great friends. I wish she could come into the real world so bad. The person that would be my second choice would be Ben from Wonder Struck. Since he is deaf it would be an amazing experience for me.

20. FuschiaDrama15

I seriously can’t decide between Percy Jackson(his own series), Annabeth Chase(same as Percy), Harry Potter(his own series also), Hermione Granger, Matthias(Redwall), or Kendra from Fablehaven. Oh, and Jenny Mcfee from How I Survived Middle School!
    Love,
    FuschiaDrama15 :-)
    ***************************

21. baseballbloodhound48

my favorite book is The Fire Eternal it is a great book i just got it yesterday and i am on chapter five.I have read The BFG in second grade.My teacher read it to me.

22. EMERALDFROST12

The character I would bring to life would probably be Meggie from Inkheart. I would bring her to life because she looks like she is full of life and very adventurous. Also the book is written by my favorite author and illustrator Cornelia Funke. You should definetly read the book and see wich one is your favorite character. Perhaps it could be Meggie or Dustfinger. You can decide. The book is very magical and enchanting. That is what I love the most about the book, it makes you forget everythig around you and takes you into the world of InkHeart

23. Hiphoph

If I could talk to them, it would be a Warrior cat. Probally Jayfeather or Dovewing. Or Cinderpaw. I would love to be able to talk to one of them (even though I’d be alergic to them…)!

24. Silver8449

Definitely Katniss from The Hunger Games. I can really relate to her and we’d probably be Bffs,if not sisters, if not twins. I just love her sooooo much and the book is awesome. Btw, go Team Peeta!!!

25. dreamtimepink9

I like the NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM characters their names are Kahmunrah, Ahkmenrah, Huns, Nike Daley
    Al Capone, Napoloen Bonaparte, and Ivan the Terrilbe.
    I also like STAR WARS characters their names
    are Darth-Vader(Anakin), Padme, Luke, and Leia.

26. Platinumvolleyball5

I would totally bring Katniss back from the Hunger Games series. Will there be a Hunger Games Message board because I would post on it EVERYDAY! The Hunger Games is the best book sreies ever!
    Top two books:
    1. Hunger Games
    2. Harry Potter
    Platinumvolleyball5
    plz friend me!

27. percyj99

hmmm…
    I’d pick either Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Leo Valdez, Nico di Angelo, Piper Mclean, Hazel Levesque, Grover Underwood, Hermione Granger, Albus Severus Potter, or Dan Cahill. I know, I’d have to pick just one.

28. proudphoenix9

I would definatly bring Percy Jackson out of his book Hands down! Why, because he is a great hero! people could use one of those these days! He is a grat friend to all and a strong leader. Anyone seen Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief? It was a great movie.

29. Bianca

Jacob Black from The Twilight Saga because he is caring and he would never give up on Bella and even though she got married and had a kid with Edward he still LOVES her

30. icecreamposeidon3

I would probably bring Ron Weasley form Harry Potter. He is really funny and brave. And he has a bunch of good stories. Plus, he can do magic so that’s awesome. We’d click because we have the same sense of humor and I know a bunch about the Harry Potter world so we could talk about that. I wish I could bring like 7 characters to life. :(

31. redwolf31

Annabeth from the Percy Jackson series because I love her courage, kindness, and her intelligence. I think that we would get along.

32. pearpearthe14th

I would transport Jayfeather from Warriors. He’s my all time favorite Warrior–or rather, medicine cat I guess. Anyway, wouldn’t it be cool if lived in this world? He could stay with my other cats. :)

33. justaprincess

I would transport Mia Winchell, from A Mango Shaped Space. She sees the world in a different and unique way. She is comfortable in her own skin, and accepts herself as an individual. I think she would be a good influence, and that it would be quite interesting to spend the day with someone for whom numbers, letters, and sounds have colours.

34. Molly

Well for me I would have to pick Katniss from the Hunger Games, because she is more of an outsider and I am too. I feel more like Katniss then anyone else I have read. And I understand where she is coming from a lot. So thats why I would pick Katniss.

35. Foreverelephant

Someone from HP… maybe Hermione? She’s really smart, she could teach me magic, ha ha.
    ~♥Foreverelephant♥~

36. athenasky5

I would bring The Big friendly Giant to life.Well I would bring him to life because I’m a Roald Dahl fan.I like his books a lot . But no offense I just don’t like science fiction books (sorry science fiction fans and writers.:D)The Big friendly Giant stands out in the book The BFG because he’s the only non-child eating giant in the book.But I don’t know why we would click I had it a second ago.Oh I remember lol. We would click because I actually wanted to write a second book about the Bfg and well his life as a giant i guess.

37. kyjk

Either Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter or Annabeth from the Percy Jackson series and Heroes of Olympus. I would chose Luna because she is really funny, and I would like to see her Gurdy Root earings. I would like to see Annabeth because she is so much like myself,and she is just awesome!

38. dancingjalepeno

I would transport Fred Weasley! Why? Because he is the awesomest HP character EVER!!!!! He is super fun, makes the best jokes, and is brave! We would click because I enjoy a lot of his jokes in the book, and I would probably flip out if he DIDN’T like me. But, to be fair, here are some others that I would transport: Astrid, Sirius, Rue, Prim, Violet, George, Annabeth, and soooo many more….

39. Puppypops

I would like to bring the Harry Potter characters.
    Oh wait! You are supposed to bring only 1 of them.This is really difficult…………

40. Alexis

That’s a tough one. I would probably send Athena from the “Goddess Girls” series because I would want her to see how her inventions have improved “Mortal” life.

41. griffinminotaur2

captin underpants because wat he dose is funny and wat makes him stand out is that he wares underware and to me he is a SUPER HERO!!!!!!!!