December 26, 2011

Writing Prompt: A Perfect Day

Posted by at 1:57 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_genericToday's Writing Prompt comes from eighth-grader Sophia Shi, who won a Silver Medal in the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards for her Personal Essay. Here is a small sample of her award-winning writing:

I want a day. A day to myself. A day with no chaos, errands or planning; a day with no one yelling at me, insulting me, broadcasting my inferiority to the world. Sometimes I want to drop everything . . . I want to forget what assignments I have due tomorrow or what I have to organize or who I have to face . . . I just want to sit on my bed or a sunny hill or a vacant park swing and think about nothing at all.
—from Optical Illusions by Sophia Shi, Grade 8. Silver Medal, Personal Essay/Memoir.

So for today's Writing Prompt, think about your perfect day. What would you do? What would you NOT do? Where would you be? What would you see, hear, taste, smell, and how would you feel? Write your answer in the Comments.

1. werewolfcat5

I would think about nothing at all,reading a good book,relaxing.I wouldn’t want to be stuck in my boring house all day,being yelled at and just keep doing the same old things.I would be in the forest,under a tree,with nature surrounding me.I see green everywhere,hear nature,smell the fresh air,and feel definetely relaxed.

2. kaylee

my perfect day would be the same way it is everyday. i appriciate whatever the days bring me and i wish that the day goes exactly how it was ment to go

3. dragon claws 180

hello there,my perfect day would be everyone that didnt fit in was happy,so show the world how awesome you are,I dare you :)

4. dolphinbrain37

MY PERFECT DAY WOULD BE WHEN I WAKE UP LATE I CAN GET A GOOD ENERGIZING MEAL THEN START MY DAY WITH A RUN/JOG/WALK THEN I CAN READ A BOOK FOR A FEW HOURS THEN I CAN RELAX AND WATCH A ROMANTIC MOVIE THEN I CAN GO ON THE COMPUTER AND DO SOME WRITING PROMPTS ON STACKS THEN I CAN HELP MY MOM COOK DINNER THEN AFTER I EAT GO CALL MY FRIENDS AND CHAT FOR A WHILE THEN I CAN START MY HOMEWORK AND GO TO SLEEP THAT WOULD BE MY PERFECT DAY!

5. Hamsterbiking5

MY perfect day will be a day without homework, little kids after me, chores, rain, puddles….A DAY IN THE WOODS! I could sit in treetops, climb up on mountains, explore around the ridge, and stroll down the walk. What a fine and perfect day!

6. camryn

My perfect day would be with my best friend at the beach by my grandmas cabin. The lake and beach are right at the clubhouse resterant which is an awesome place! The trees are so tall there and cover the whole place( execpt on the amazing golf course! )

7. jadedragon128

I long for a day
    Where there is peace and quiet
    Where I can read.
    I long for a day
    Where time stops and there is peace
    where none are busy
    I long for a day
    with a good book and a light
    reading for hours
    I long for that day
    I hope, dreaming and wishing
    I want, and wish. I long for a day
    Where there is peace and quiet
    Where I can read.

8. Carly

My perfect day would be me on a boat on a lake,tubing for an hour or two, and then sitting down with a good book.