December 12, 2011

Three New Writing Prompts

Posted by at 1:34 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_genericWrite On! Another Triple Play

This week, we are featuring a triple play for our Write On! Writing Prompt. We did a previous Triple Play, featuring 3 different Splotters. But this week, a certain Splotter who shall be known as RedWolf31 gives us three great questions! Pick one and write on! Or if you are an overachiever, answer as many as you’d like!!

1. Write the title of your favorite poem, and then write your own.
  2. Who’s your hero, and why?
  3. What would you save in 5 minutes before your house burns down?

Great questions RedWolf31! I love them all.

Leave your answers in the Comments. I can’t wait to hear what you guys come up with. Until next time.

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Stacy

#1: Umm… Maybe GOOD IDEA by Shel Silverstein and my own… let’s see, it’s Never Spill Your Teacher’s Coffee.
    #2: My dad, he saved me from a mouse, a spider on the bathroom ceiling 2 times, and a mouse. Again.
    #3: Uhh… Is this a trick question? Anyway, my money, my doggie, and did I mention my money? :P

2. Mallory

Hi so ill give you advice if you have a secret crush ask him out that is what i would do ok now to much advice bye hope you like it.

3. Abby

in 5 minutes i would save my family and my dog ellie:) i dont really have anything more precious in my house besides my family and dog:)

4. Shadow Princess

1. my favorite is “Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening” by Robert Frost
    2. Probably, J. K. Rowling
    3. i would save my ring that my grandmother gave me.

5. Natalie

in the 5 minutes before my house burned down, I would save:
    my cat
    a christmas card that’s special to me
    some clothes
    my itouch(thats what im writing this on!!)
    socks
    some books
    my nook book
    my journal
    my binder
    dang its a good thing i move fast cuz thats a LOT of stuff
    oh and also a locket with my almost bf’s pic in it

6. isabella

weeelll
    my favourite poem is”starless night”
    and my hero is…well…wolvrine
    and i will save my ITouch!!
    By:
    Isabella

7. Aquacheery54

Asking question 3 and maybe question 2
    I would save anybody or animal that is still in the building.I would not save my belongings that doesn’t really matter in my life. I would call myself a hero for being brave. Every body should’nt think about theirselves because they wil save or help the people around them.
    -Aquacheery54
    Thanks to all and merry Christmas and a happy new year!

8. Duaa

I have a few prompts :
    1.If the world was about to end, what 3 people would you save? ( not including yourself )
    2.Who is your favourite book ( or movie ) character ever?
    3.What super power would you have out of the following?
    1-reading minds
    2-overpowering people
    3-time traveling
    4-moving things with your eyes
    5-memorising everything that you see, read touch,watch,etc.
    6-being able to charmspeak ( like in the lost hero)
    7-being able to teleport
    4.What place would you rather go to get your education/training?
    -Camp Half-Blood
    -Hogwarts
    -Drumstrang
    -Beauxbatons
    -Ga’hoole Tree

9. Madrigalmagic

I’m not sure how you submit writing prompt ideas, so i’ll post my idea in the comments:
    There are three doors in front of you. One is black, one is white, and one is gray. You can only open one door. Which one do you open and what is behind it?

10. Pixieaqua15

my favorite peom is mocking bird. Here is my poem
    the seasons change
    as my feelings change
    dark and gloomy
    my feelings most common
    awaiting the day this will change
    Staring into the sky
    the day turns to into night
    I dream of the day
    that i will shine
    one day i will shine]one day i will be known
    one day…
    my feelings will change
    and nothing else will matter
    I am who i am
    and with that
    I don’t change

11. Nivedha

2. My hero, on TV, is Kevin Levin. Why? I don’t really know… In real life, NO HEROES! xD
    3. In 5 minutes? Uh… My novelist diary!

12. BLUESPORTS15

If I had to save something in less than 5 minutes before my house burns down I would probably take the chance of saving the whole family,or the stuff I love more!

13. PurpleArtemis25

2. My heros are my parents. They’re my heroes because they are always brave,they teach me right and wrong and they have an immense amount of patience for my brother,who’s epileptic.
    3. If I had 5 minutes to save anything in my house I’d save my dog,my brother and some of my newest books,if I could.I wouldn’t worry about my parents because they think quickly in situations like that and would be out in no time…Oh and if it’s a fire during the night I’d try to get some clothes…XP

14. GHRS_98

1. my fave poem is called Messy Room by Shel Silverstein!
    My Poem:
    This is a poem.
    It’s not a very good one,
    But it’s a haiku.
    2. My hero is J.K.R because she wrote the best series ever! Se put so much detail into everything! I hope to write like her someday.
    3. In five minutes I would cram all my fave books into a box, along with most of the stuff in my drawer.

15. C...

I would save my iTouch :D
    I have a prompt: If you could be a demigod, who would be your godly parent and what kind of crazy quests would you go on?
    Also, if you were a Warrior Cat, what would be your name, Clan, and ranking?

16. 1LunaLovegood1

1. I forgot the name. It’s about a messy desk. I’ll write a limerick I wrote in 4th grade.
    There once was a frog,
    sitting on a brown log,
    that tried to eat a fly,
    that had just flew by,
    the fly flew away and said,”I’ll come another day.”
    2.My hero… oh wow. Only 1? It would have to be my mom or dad. They always support me and make me feel special. They encourage me and let me make my own choices. I looooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeee them soooooooooooooooo much!
    3.I would save all the photo albums, most espiaccly (sorry for incorrect spelling.) the one which has photos of my aunt, uncle and cousins who visited from India.
    I made up a question:
    If humanity was dying and you could save only 5 people (not including yourself, so with saving yourself 6 people), who would it be and why?
    I would save my family. 6 people including me in my family. :) ;)

17. Olivia

in five minute i would save…..
    my memmory box,my family,my pillow, my coat a backpack filled with clothes,some family pictures the paintings of my home town, my dogs, my
    box i got from a special day in my life
    filled with my most special things.

18. Olivia

My favorite poem is october
    My poem:
    Dates in the park
    diamond rings
    moving boxes
    baby things
    kids grown up
    getting older.
    my job is done

19. justaprincess

I’m only going to answer three.
    I’d save my two stuffed animals from when I was a baby, the locket from my dead grandfather, and a ring that was my mom’s, and will one day be my daughter’s.

20. hiphoph

1. Hmmmmmm…I think my favorite poem is Eletellaphoney.
    2. I have many heros…I don’t know, probally a parent.
    3. I would save my hedgehog.