December 14, 2011

Pie by Sarah Weeks

Posted by at 1:42 am in Reads | Permalink

PieWelcome to Scholastic Booktalks where we recommend brand new Scholastic books that we think you will love. Today's booktalk is: Pie by Sarah Weeks.

Aunt Polly makes an incredible pie. Apple, rhubarb, peanut butter raspberry . . . the entire town of Ipswitch is absolutely nuts for them. Alice adores her aunt as well as the delicious pies that she's so famous for. When Aunt Polly passes away, Alice not only mourns her loss, but the loss of her world-famous pie crust recipe that no one knows how to duplicate.

Strangely, Aunt Polly leaves that world-famous secret recipe to her cat Lardo, and leaves Lardo to Alice! Alice and her friends begin to see just how much Aunt Polly's pies meant to everyone, and realize that Lardo's life may be in danger as the entire town wants to be the next pie contest winner. It's up to them to get to the bottom of the mystery without getting themselves in trouble. They have to figure it out – for the sake of Aunt Polly, for the sake of the cat, and for the sake of those delicious pies.

Will they be able to solve the mystery and reclaim this very special pie crust recipe? Read Pie to find out.

— Emily, Scholastic Booktalker

1. amethystcat55

That is so sweet that the town cares about her and her pies but it’s sad the aunt passes away and yet it is cool that the cat learns the recipe of the best pies.It sounds like they are going to have some compition that year at the pie compition.I hope that they win the compition at the fair pie compition.

2. adriana

I already read this book. All i’m going to tell you is that THIS IS AN AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!!!If you like mystery and pies,this is your book!!!!!!

3. Anonymous

awesome. already read it not going to spoil the surprise please read it you will enjoy it. the epilogue is something you might not have been expecting

4. boo 2003

this sounds like an amazing book i would love to read it i like pie and i like to read why woudn’t you read it ?

5. artbloodhound137

I love pie and I love this book the pie she makes sounds really good I think I would be just like the towns poeple in the story.

6. blood sucker

I read the book and it is amazing cause i loooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeee PIE a lot so it was a perfect book for me

7. Andrea

I LOVE this book! I borrowed it from my Language Arts teacher and it was amazing. Full of adventure and mystery, this book is great for anyone looking for a good read!

8. oOKianaOo

Wow, this book sounds really cool! I love reading mysteries and realistic fiction all bundled together! Can’t wait to hear more from this book…

9. magentamist3

I have read PIE and it is a very good book. The only thing is, when she left the pie crust recepie to Lardo, well, it is a very complicated sequence, and you are going to read the book to find out.

10. maisie

loved it it made me want to eat some pie. then actually the next day I helped my sister bake a pie and we ate it for my moms birthday=)

11. bulldogchasing25

i think this will be a verry good book since christmas ids on sunday i really do think it will be a verry good book and the person who wrote it did a verry good job you mad a verry good book

12. DrawingPink4

Sounds very fun and very adventurous!That book is my type to read!!I’m putting it on my Christmas wishlist!:D