December 22, 2011

Kid Power Winter Coat Drive

Posted by at 3:55 am in Kid Power | Permalink

MakeadifferenceKid Power! Kids can make a difference! Every Thursday on Ink Splot 26, we’ll show you a new idea for how YOU can make the world a better place.

Do you have a winter coat that doesn’t fit you anymore? Don’t throw it away! Donate it to One Warm Coat, an organization that gives away free coats to families who need them. Here is a great way to bring some warmth into someone’s life AND recycle at the same time, making the world a better place in 2 ways!Warmcoat

• What
    New or gently used coats
  • When
    Now through January 16
  • Where
    There are collection boxes at all Burlington Coat Factory stores, but other organizations in your community may also be collecting coats. Ask your parents or teachers or youth group leaders if they know.

Go check the back of your closet to see if you have coats that you won’t be wearing this winter. Or you could go one step further — organize a coat drive and get everyone in your school to donate their coats. Someone can definitely use them!

1. irene18

@Dancingjalepeno:
    Me too…
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Merry Christmas, fellow Stackers! Happy Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, too! :)
    Love,
    irene18

2. irene18

That is a great thing to do for all people who cannot afford winter coats! It’s pretty sad, and we should help out. :)
    Love,
    irene18

3. amberblack111

I feel bad for all the kids and adults. That is why I am going to start a coat drive at my school. Please I miss u guys from the boards cry cry just kiding

4. daningjalepeno

Cool! It’s great that you are doing these every Thursday! I will definately be reading them!
    Dancingjalepeno, who is wondering when the boards will open

5. irene18

Hi Moderators! I know this has NOTHING AT ALL to do with this topic, but it’s the only way I could get to you guys (possibly!).
    Ummm… I know I’m being super picky and impatient, but because the boards aren’t open yet, do you have another approximate time when they will be? If so, THANKS SOOO MUCH! And, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and Happy Hanukkah!
    Love,
    irene18 :D

6. redwolf31

I do have 3 jackets that I can give away except I put it in this bin that I think gives it to children in orphanages.

7. GHRS_98

We did that at school, we had a Coats for Kids donation box. We also donated cans, each advisory brought cans and made a “Canstruction”. Then, we’d announce winners and send the cans to our city’s food bank. My school donated the most!