December 5, 2011

Nickname Writing Prompt

Posted by at 2:22 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Rainbow_penWrite On! Nicknames

This week's Write On! Writing Prompt comes to us from CrimsonCat5 who poses a great question:

If you could give yourself a new nickname, what would it be? Why?

Hmm. That’s tough. Maybe R-Mac. It would be the first initial of my first name, and part of my last name. I always thought doing that was kind of cool. And my friend and I once saw a Julia Styles movie (Save the Last Dance, rated PG-13) where there was a character named Snook. So for some reason, we both got silly and decided to call each other Snook.

What about you guys? Let us all know about your made-up nickname in the Comments below!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Deidrick

I have had Firefox, IE, and Google chrome downloaded onto my computer for a while now with no problem. Recently I downloaded YIM and now Firefox doesn’t start up. If I restart my computer a few times, and try to open it a few dozen times each time I restart, it will eventually pop up. How do I fix it? Chrome and IE still work fine but I prefer Firefox..

2. BLLODHOUNDBLACK351

I like the little thing that person wrote on nicknames. I would give mine away to u but i dont want other people knowing my nickname.

3. happy cupcake25

my nickname would have to suit me lik i would take apples because im sweet on the inside and sour on the outside

4. dolphinbrain37

IF I COULD CHOOSE A NICKNAME IT WOULD BE HAVING TO DO SOMETHING THAT SUITS ME FOR ME BECAUSE I AM NICE,COOL,SMART,LOVABLE SO I HAVENT THOUGHT OF ANYTHING YET!! SORRY :(

5. bluedolphin1055

This is so weird because my friends just gave me anew nick name. My nick name is either goofy girl or Ke-Ke.

6. dolphinbrain37

I THINK THAT MY NEW NICK NAME WOULD BE BRAINY BECAUSE WHEN I AM DOING A SCIENCE PROJECT MY FRIENDS CALL ME THE BRAINS OF THE GROUP THAT IS WHY I WOULD PICK BRAINY.

7. bluebox572

i would say that is very cool because you can get any name you want (example) bubblestar76 , and readfun75 they may not sound like fun but really other people have opions

8. Kylie

If i could choose a nickname for myself itd be princess because my friends call me snow princess fluffy kitty meow meow sparkly cottonball i dont know why ahha

9. hamsterfashion23

what does coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool mean

10. elizabeth

if i had a nick name that i came up with it would probably b loud because i sing all the time plus my parents always tell me to ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and also my friends always say im 2 loud

11. oOKianaOo

I have quite a few nicknames in the past and they have always become my absolute permanent nicknames, though if I had to choose two nicknames that suit me best, my ultimate nicknames would be Kiwi and Coco! Kiwi because they’re my favorite color. Coco because I had named a stuffed dog that name, plus I really love hot coco!

12. Victoria

My nickname would probably be Angel, because my four- wheeler is named Wings( literally it’s whats on her tag) and that’s what drives me, and just like wings help a bird clear it’s mind, Wings help me clear my mind.

13. pinkchihuahua207

All my friends call me Bella. My bro started it, he used to call me Belle cause it means beauty, then he switched to Bella. and when my friends heard they started calling me that aslo…
    I LUV BEING A “BELLA”!!!

14. katie

mine would be . . . KAY or CAT.cause i love the letter kay,cat cause. . . i like animals and . . . ya’ no what i really don’t NO!

15. blacksheep1

If I could have a nick name it would be,Twighlight because I sorta have a cool personality and trust me I’m the cool wierd personality!!!I’m hungy :D

16. gladkitty1

If I could have a nickname
    I guess…fuzzy chinchila because I’m warm and cute andI have the wierd but cool persinalty(I always make up cute anime monsters like:Tioko,Choktow,LuluPapa,and Peppercorn.)
    P.S. I’m always looking for a frind so I’ll be enthusiastic for 1!

17. catchingopal3

find something you like: a personality, a color, a shade, a creature and base it from there
    ex) Firefox
    Ellipse
    Silver
    Violette

18. onyx fairy

i would like to be named Isla Silvercresent and nicknamed shadow princess! or Alpha (i know, u guys thnk im control obsessed but im not…..not THAT much…..maybe a teeeeeeny bit…)

19. volleyballwerewolf1

Mine would be K-Ro-Line because It’s a freaky way to pronounce my name, and the boys in my class have been calling me that for 4 years and I’m happy with the nickname.

20. horsefeathers

My new nickname would be my username – horsefeathers! It sounds like nonsense and I like horses, so it fits!

1. Weng

Updated Prayer Request!Dec.2,2012Slow Recovery from the Death of Our Only Son & Other Ongoing Hardships & Sorrows Dear Sisters & Community of Prayer,My wife and I want to wish you all a Bless & Peaceful Christmas & New Year!Recovery is very slow,but we continue to move fowrrad despite all the pain,sorrows and hardships! Please continue to include my wife and I in the daily prayers of the Community Now & in the Days ahead..Christmas 2012,2013 or as long as possible? Please continue to pray for God’s Healing,Protecting Peace & Hope in our Broken Hearts,Health & Shattered Lives made harder by Severe Financial Misery! Pray for God’s Protection!!Feel free to pass or e-mail our urgent prayer request on to other Communities ( Women&Men) of Prayer that you know of in the Worldwide Community of Prayer? Meanwhile,We continue to stay at our Post in Hope & Prayer with the help of your Daily Prayers & God’s Mercy! We will continue to keep you in our Daily Prayers as we cry out to God Day & Night for His Mercy & Peace! Especially in these uncertain times!Again, have a Bless Christmas and New Year!Your Friend,Bill and Carol. oh. usa

21. lightsong1

Mine would be Ginny, because i LOVE the Harry Potter books SO much :) my (best) friend’s nickname is Hermione, after Harry’s brainy, cool friend.

22. BLACKBEASTLY65

If i give my self a nickname it would be gummybear cause i am really gushy and sensetive inside and i also really like gummy bears!! they are really good!!

1. Bilalo

Hello, since I do not professionally do hair, I am only faialmir with what my products and routine are. When I was first a red head, I used to dye my hair using Garnier. You should just go to the store and check the colors out there! I am not faialmir with the names and it was so long ago I forgot which color I used. You really want to ask a cosmetologist who is a professional for advice! Other than that, just experiment! Sorry I could not be any more help, I wish you the best of luck with your hair.

23. Country4eva!!

Well there’s lots of ways you can make stylish nicknames. Here’s one:
    1.) You can take your username, and put “secret” at the end, and if you’d like to, you can add a number.